Gary Neville

Optimistic Nut

As much as i think Gary Neville has been an excellent full back for man Utd and England, i wouldn't be particularly impressed if we were to sign him.

We should be looking at (and i think Roeder is) players either on the way up or at the top of their game, not players who are coming tot he end of their careers.

And to the kid who said Neville is the best Right back this country has ever had, get real eh?, very good for man utd, steady but best right back ever to play for England?  What about Sir Alf Ramsey? Or George Cohen? Or Phil Neal even?

Knew someone would say George Cohen, always happens without fail.  Plenty of average players have won World Cups :)

Phil Neal, nah.  Neville has played regularly without any threat to his posistion under five different national team managers.  To say he is just steady is nothing short of a disgrace. Solid in defence, always willing to lend a hand in attack, a good leader of a team and an excellent crosser of the ball.  Basically shoved everyone's "He'll be fuck all without Beckham" predictions down their throats.

on football manager always run the editor before start the game and give the bloke a broken neck.

Always makes my day like O0

Surely if you always do it you'd only need to put the injury in once?

Oh and, what a desolate life you must lead if that makes your day.

on football manager always run the editor before start the game and give the bloke a broken neck.

Your a right t*** aren't you.  especially since have a steve irwin with a stingray thru him.  takes moral ground about a fake character having a broken neck huh?  retard.  and only choose that picture to cause offense, or think its funny.

get a kick out of it.  like the attention?? loser tbh

Your a right t*** aren't you.  especially since have a steve irwin with a stingray thru him.  takes moral ground about a fake character having a broken neck huh?  retard.  and only choose that picture to cause offense, or think its funny.

get a kick out of it.  like the attention?? loser tbh

None of that made any sense at all.  Try to complete a valid sentence and come back.  Cheers :)

No one would be stupid enough to turn down Gary Neville - FACT

can see it now

Shepherd : "Neville not for toon"

More accurately:

Pre-season:

Roeder on Neville rumours: "I want young players who will push the first teamers down to squad players, players who will give us service for not only the present but also the futre. Gary Neville is a top player, and has been for a long time, but we are not after him, I can tell you that. Hes not someone we are looking at."

Last two weeks of the window:

Roeder to run the rule over Gary Neville in pre season friendly as Man U take on the mighty Part Time Farmers X1 All Stars.

Transfer deadline day:

Roeder signs Steve Watson on a free, having been assured over the phone by Stevie that his fitness levels are adequate enough for the Premiership.

No one would be stupid enough to turn down Gary Neville - FACT

can see it now

Shepherd : "Neville not for toon"

More accurately:

Pre-season:

Roeder on Neville rumours: "I want young players who will push the first teamers down to squad players, players who will give us service for not only the present but also the futre. Gary Neville is a top player, and has been for a long time, but we are not after him, I can tell you that. Hes not someone we are looking at."

Last two weeks of the window:

Roeder to run the rule over Gary Neville in pre season friendly as Man U take on the mighty Part Time Farmers X1 All Stars.

Transfer deadline day:

Roeder signs Steve Watson on a free, having been assured over the phone by Stevie that his fitness levels are adequate enough for the Premiership.

shepherd would veto the deal anyway to sign lee sharpe from celebrity love island

Even if Neville and Ferguson did have a fall out (which is doubtful) I would be amazed if they didn't patch things up. And he's still a top quality player imo. You could perhaps argue he hasn't had a lot of competition for the England right-back spot and still hasn't but Ferguson would have gotten rid by now (or at least bought a replacement) if he thought he was 'past his best' and he's not a bad judge.