Has Titus Bramble turned the corner?

oldtype

I agree on the full back situation. Whilst an experienced defender or even just a leader playing alongside Bramble is one solution, fullbacks have been the prime suspect in our dodgy defence.

Who ever has played in the centre has constantly had to defend twice his normal work load due to the ineptitude of our fullbacks, I cant ever remember us have any great ones. The full backs leave gaping holes or just make mistakes or get out of position that leave the CB's having to cover more ground.

A decent LB and RB should have been priority every summer for years.

I agree on the full back situation. Whilst an experienced defender or even just a leader playing alongside Bramble is one solution, fullbacks have been the prime suspect in our dodgy defence.

Who ever has played in the centre has constantly had to defend twice his normal work load due to the ineptitude of our fullbacks, I cant ever remember us have any great ones. The full backs leave gaping holes or just make mistakes or get out of position that leave the CB's having to cover more ground.

A decent LB and RB should have been priority every summer for years.

Coupled with the over exposed centre its been a tough job for any NUFC defender. Only since Butt has come into form this season have we had ANY protection through the middle for years, probably since Speed maybe longer if you want to be picky.

Like i've said, he's good enough for where we are now, but it is foolish to pretend that he's good enough if we want to be a top 6 side.

yet he was there when we were a top 6 side

go figure.

Your point being? It was despite him, not because of him.

He's not good enough to be in a team that achieves and maintains that level.

3 seasons in a row ain't bad.

Like i've said, he's good enough for where we are now, but it is foolish to pretend that he's good enough if we want to be a top 6 side.

go figure.

Liek i say, not his doing. He ain't good enough.

go figure.

go figure.

Griffin, O'Brien, Bernard & Hughes all played 30+ games when we finished 3rd...one's at Stoke, one's being linked with Derby, one with Sunderland, and the other hasn't played a game for over a year.

We should move him into a DCM role, or LB.

Aye,he got the long pass's,the Tackles,and the physical abilltys to make a good DCM

Also he can be a good LB if he was a bit faster/And had some attacking abilltys,he will do Better then Carr though

But i don't think he will do a better job then Parker or Butt as DCM's,He will however make a decent one

But with his recent peformence as a DC he deserves to start our next game(s).

Guest Kenton Magpie

Offer him a one year contract extension, 5 years is too risky as it is Bramble we are talking about!

Guest Keithy-Boy

No, but he is playing well and in Europe, his game is suited to that level, he's always looked good in Europe.

iv always said this to my mates who slate him and have never really seem him play.

his tackle last night wen the guy was almost 1 on 1 with given was fuckin brilliant!! given chased him half way up the pitch to thank him!!  ;D

Guest Knightrider

We should move him into a DCM role, or LB.

Aye,he got the long pass's,the Tackles,and the physical abilltys to make a good DCM

Also he can be a good LB if he was a bit faster/And had some attacking abilltys,he will do Better then Carr though

But i don't think he will do a better job then Parker or Butt as DCM's,He will however make a decent one

But with his recent peformence as a DC he deserves to start our next game(s).

I was half joking regarding DCM, but LB, I don't know, if he lost a bit of bulk, he could do a decent job there, certainly better than either Babayaro or Carr or any of the others we've tried there, his versitility would also come in handy.

Anyway regarding Bramble in the grande scheme of things, I say keep him as a good squad player, he is more than equipped to play well against your Boros, Wigans et al, it is only against the better teams does he struggle. That said, it is up to the team to protect the central defence and to be fair to all those players who have played there for us recently, we don't do that nearly as good enough as we should be.

Well,your joke actually makes sense :lol:

He is decent,but its his lack of concentration that turned him to such a flop,If we can get him to play in a postion where he can play to his abilltys and at the same time dosn't effect the team with his mistakes,we would find a good back-up in him..

We should have got rid years ago imo I've never known one player to cost us so many games/points through individual errors.

Horendous start to the season and Fulham at home springs straight to mind amongst others,  he cost us both goals and the game. I agree he has all the physical attributes but think he lacks some of the all important mental attributes, i saw a few unforced errors last night that he got away with, he did pull off a woody style goal saving tackle and on the whole played quite well (for him), thought . 

He's after a new contact once he's signed up he'll be back to old Titus again.

go figure.

go figure.

Griffin, O'Brien, Bernard & Hughes all played 30+ games when we finished 3rd...one's at Stoke, one's being linked with Derby, one with Sunderland, and the other hasn't played a game for over a year.

Is your point that Bramble was carrying all of them?

If so, I agree.