Has Titus Bramble turned the corner?

oldtype

Guest Knightrider

No, but he is playing well and in Europe, his game is suited to that level, he's always looked good in Europe.

Bambles talent has never really been in doubt, Its his lack of concentration and being able to perform consistently. Ive seen plenty of games where Bramble has been outstanding but he normally follows that up with a few high profile blunders which get the headlines.

Bramble is playing for his future at Newcastle and my worry is that he'll win a new contract but then fall back into his old routine.

I think Butt (and Dyer to a certain extent) has shown that players the fans love to hate can turn things around if they start to perform. We have short memories and football is all about form.

If Titus puts in another 10 performances like the last few I'll be prepared to revise my opinion on him.

Bramble stayed with his marker for the first goal. His marker went to the near post. Shota was Taylor's.

EDIT: It was Carr's fault though, IMO. He was slow getting back, and when he did, he was too central. The crosser had acres of space to fire in a dangerous ball.

The original attack came through the middle, so obviously he's going to be towards the center. You don't want your defenders stuck out wide marking the winger in that situation. Should have been Duff's man really.

Played class last night. I wouldn't mind him staying next season tbh, but only if we sign another couple of defenders which means he's a pure squad player. I'd rather have him covering than Damage, but as a first team player he's not good enough.

I thought he had half a very good game last night. And made some very avoidable errors as well.

But hey, lets overlook the way he actually plays, and pretend he plays a blinder evert game, and is good enough.

Such as?

I thought he had half a very good game last night. And made some very avoidable errors as well.

But hey, lets overlook the way he actually plays, and pretend he plays a blinder evert game, and is good enough.

Such as?

Such as losing his man a few times.

You think he had a flawless game?

No, but he is playing well and in Europe, his game is suited to that level, he's always looked good in Europe.

Apart from that time when playing against Barcelona, he had loads of time on the ball and Kluivert muscled him off it and scored!

Such as?

Who does though?

Such as?

I've never seen (or can remember) a game where a defender hasn't made a single mistake of the nature you suggest. Even Woodgate against us lost Martins a few times and Terry has been guilty of costing Chelsea a few goals this season from getting done/losing his man.

I don't think anyone is saying the idiot plays flawless games, but he certainly has games where he is very, very good for us. I thought Taylor was far more dodgy last night, in particular, and I can only recall 1 truly bad Bramble long-ball, as well, right near the end left-footed up the left-flank.

I would still like to see him replaced with someone better/less chubby/less embarrassing to have associated with our club, but for now he's the best of an utterly average bunch.

Like i've said, he's good enough for where we are now, but it is foolish to pretend that he's good enough if we want to be a top 6 side.

Debatable. We've had 3 top 6 finishes with him as a first-choice player, although I concede the league is now stronger than it was back then. There are other areas to worry about first, I'd say.

Like i've said, he's good enough for where we are now, but it is foolish to pretend that he's good enough if we want to be a top 6 side.

He is better then Ramage as a back up for sure

He does this trick every year. Plays like a moron the first half of the season then pulls himself together for the finish. He is capable of being a match for anyone when he plays well, we have known that for years.

Has he turned the corner? Id guess you could go look up the identical threads this time last season and the season before for your answer.

Until he maintains this kind of form for a full season dont even talk about him turning a corner.

He is better then Ramage as a back up for sure

Is he? For half a season, he's an absolute liability. Absolute shite. ramage is just consistently not-very-good. And cheaper than Bramble.

yet he was there when we were a top 6 side

go figure.

go figure.

Your point being? It was despite him, not because of him.

He's not good enough to be in a team that achieves and maintains that level.

go figure.

you're a WUM,getting some good bites on this mind aren't you.

Made the tackle of the season for me last night.

He does get better every season, i cannot see why we wouldn't want to keep him on the books, letting him go is crazy right now, he is a useful squad player, and with better fullbacks next to him he'll get even better.

go figure.

I'm a WUM? No, i just don't think we should be wanking oursleves off over players who aren't good enough to be in a team at the level i want NUFC to be at.

Its accepting that kind of shite that allows dross lilke Ameobi and Carr to step back into our team when they're fit, and drags us down.

go figure.

I'm a WUM? No, i just don't think we should be wanking oursleves off over players who aren't good enough to be in a team at the level i want NUFC to be at.

Its accepting that kind of s**** that allows dross lilke Ameobi and Carr to step back into our team when they're fit, and drags us down.

don't let that guard down eh?....keep it going,some might believe you.