Semis We can beat anyone.

Guest Deep456

Guest Deep456

I am almost certain we will get through to last 8 the but once there if we don't play Benfica, Bremen or Sevilla we will have a tremendous chance.

I say this as by the time the semis are to be played our world class striker should be fit even if not for both legs but for the second leg there is a good chance. In Owen we have a match winner a world class striker who can handle the pressure and score plenty of goals. I.E versus Arsenal F.A cup final few years ago where he single handedly won the game. So if we do get into last 4 in this situation we will be unstopppable and with Martins and Owen goals will be easy to come by but should we defend well we will win.

AND YES I DO BELIEVE OWEN WILL BE AT HIS BEST AND OUR DEFENCE CAN HOLD FIRM .

So if and a big if we get to the last 4 Deep's crystal ball says we win the cup. I bet we will win the cup anyways as it is ironic the season Shearer retires we win a cup of significance.

Guest Deep456

You're f****** crackers.

It's ironic though. I will love it if we win it love it. It would mean we won more cups than Arsenal and Tottenham in one season.

NEWS JUST IN:

Bookies have stopped taking bets!

More trophies in the season that Arsenal and Spurs, well why even mention Spuds? and we are obviously 10 times better than the Arses even if we dont win a cup!!! O0

Positive thing is last years Uefa Cup winners Sevilla look like there in trouble with a 2 v 2 home draw against Shakski Donesk hopefully Donesk can know them out.

Tournament favorites Werder Bremen and Benfica look like there going through hopefully they draw each other for the Quater Finals.

And the others Osasuna, Espanyol, Lens and Spurs are all very much beatable opposition.

We must of had the hardest journey yet playing Fernabache, Palermo, Celta Vigo, Az Alkmaar we are due a easy draw for the Quarters surely.

After beating the sides we have we must be up there with Werder Bremen as one of the favorites no?

bloody hell,i know i had a drink or two to celebrate after the home leg,seems like i had enough to knock myself out for a week,anyway seems like we got through,what was the score in the away leg ?

Guest Kenton Magpie

It's only half time people, even if we get by AZ why worry about meeting the big guns as ive always said 'to be the best, you have to beat the best'

Bring it on!

If we can get past AZ then we have to be considered major underdogs, the 3 other teams to really fear(Sevilla, Benfica, and Bremen) are all in title races domestically so maybe they will only have one eye on the UEFA Cup, in fact Sevilla and Benfica are have it ALL to do in the next leg so maybe one of them won't progress. :laugh2:

We aren't favourites by any stretch of the imagination....Sevilla are defending champions and Bremen are contending for the title in Germany.  A lot of work to do, even if we do get past AZ.

Werder Bremen are contending in the Bundesliga, not the Premiership. AZ are second (?) in the Eredivise.  Hell, Palermo are still third in Serie A.

If Sevilla go out, it is between us and Spurs.

Bremen gave Chelsea a good game in the Champions League.  And they have Klose.  Both Sevilla and Bremen are better than Spurs.

But a Newcastle/Tottenham final would be fine by me (it would say something about English football if that were the UEFA Cup final and the Champions League final was between Chelsea/Man Utd or Liverpool).

Bremen is a very good team with plenty of quality players. So are Benfica. Together with Sevilla they are the three favourites above us imo. Beyond that we have as much chance as anyone else. And of course on our day we can beat anyone so we're definitely contenders for the cup.

Bremen gave Chelsea a good game in the Champions League.  And they have Klose.  Both Sevilla and Bremen are better than Spurs.

Agree...

Werder Bremen are the favorites for me... Sevilla are in trouble after there first leg.

Benfica would be more favorites then Spurs i would imagine they have been playing Champions League football season after season and knocked out Liverpool in the Champions League last season.

But a Newcastle/Tottenham final would be fine by me (it would say something about English football if that were the UEFA Cup final and the Champions League final was between Chelsea/Man Utd or Liverpool).

Hey, I love Bremen---  would take Klose, Klasnic, Borowski, Frings in a heart beat.  (Edit: oh, and Mertesacker while you're at it)

But,  Borowski and Klasnic are both out for the season (I think) and, let's face it German clubs have not been doing very well in Europe for quite a while now.

My final of choice would definitely be NUFC and Werder Bremen.

Hey, I love Bremen---  would take Klose, Klasnic, Borowski, Frings in a heart beat.  (Edit: oh, and Mertesacker while you're at it)

But,  Borowski and Klasnic are both out for the season (I think) and, let's face it German clubs have not been doing very well in Europe for quite a while now.

you don't get it do you,you rate bremen therefore we want them out before we have to play them.dream final for me is nufc V Braga.........after braga lose 6 players through kevin brock style headaches that morning.

you don't get it do you,you rate bremen therefore we want them out before we have to play them.dream final for me is nufc V Braga.........after braga lose 6 players through kevin brock style headaches that morning.

I don't get it? BS.

I want to see NUFC win and I want to see a good game-- preference would be to see two attacking sides go at each other. Bremen can play some exciting football, and we showed last night that we can too.

There is not a team left in the tournament that we can't beat. For me, Sevilla is the biggest obstacle. Bremen, Spurs, Lens, and the others are all very beatable.

Absolute bollocks. :)

Whoever we get in the quarter-finals, it will be a hard draw. Espanyol are my dark horses, and Osasuna are a decent Spanish team. Vigo were a shit Spanish team and we only squeezed past them. Lens are doing well in France and Spurs are dangerous in general, especially at home, and are having a very good European campaign. Bremen, Benfica, Sevilla - unmistakably difficult.

And we're not even there yet!

Jesus Christ.