AZ Alkmaar vs Newcastle United - Pre match thread

Guest smoggeordie

Well take lose 4-2 @ normal time at 40/1, then that onto us to win on pens at 150/1    mackems.gif

They wil lfly at us from the off but I cannot se eit being a 4-2 game though, not to them anyway. I was going to have a bet but I am fkn curse.

The way Dyer is talking about hitting them on the break I don't see Glenn playing him deep, he will leave Dyer and Martins pushed up or Dyer wide right again, so we can catch them out as they push forward. Ofcourse hitting them ont he break is fine as long as Parker wins the ball then plays it quickly.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~996081,00.html

KIERON Dyer believes that United's pace on the break will punish AZ Alkmaar as the Dutch going looking for the goals to get them back in the tie.

Louis van Gaal's side trail after the 4-2 defeat at St.James', and need to come out all guns blazing at the DSB Stadion in Thursday's Round of 16 UEFA Cup second leg.

But Dyer feels that approach could play right into the Magpies' hands, especially given the ease at which they tore apart AZ's defence in last week's first-half four-goal blitz.

The midfielder, who scored his 6th of the season in the first leg, told Newcastle World: "The tie is delicately poised, it's crucial that we don't concede in the first 25 minutes and we have to be very professional.

"They have to score goals, but we have shown with our pace what we are capable of on the break, especially with Duffer out wide and Oba up front."

The 28-year-old operated on the wide right during the first period against AZ last Thursday, a position from which Dyer and Nobby Solano were able to rekindle the understanding that was the heartbeat of United's Champions League successes four years ago.

Dyer added: "Obviously I like playing with Nobby Solano and we have a good understanding.

"The gaffer told me I was going to play there because of that relationship with Nobby and it panned out that we caused them a lot of problems in the first-half."

Other odds with William Hill

HATRICKS

Obafemi Martins  50/1

Kieron Dyer 80/1

Antoine Sibierski 80/1

Albert Luque 100/1

0 - 1 13/2

0 - 2 14/1

0 - 3 40/1

0 - 4 100/1

1 - 0 5/1

2 - 0 11/2

2 - 1 7/1

4 - 2 66/1

Guest magpies_rawk

Well take lose 4-2 @ normal time at 40/1, then that onto us to win on pens at 150/1    mackems.gif

They wil lfly at us from the off but I cannot se eit being a 4-2 game though, not to them anyway. I was going to have a bet but I am fkn curse.

The way Dyer is talking about hitting them on the break I don't see Glenn playing him deep, he will leave Dyer and Martins pushed up or Dyer wide right again, so we can catch them out as they push forward. Ofcourse hitting them ont he break is fine as long as Parker wins the ball then plays it quickly.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~996081,00.html

KIERON Dyer believes that United's pace on the break will punish AZ Alkmaar as the Dutch going looking for the goals to get them back in the tie.

Louis van Gaal's side trail after the 4-2 defeat at St.James', and need to come out all guns blazing at the DSB Stadion in Thursday's Round of 16 UEFA Cup second leg.

But Dyer feels that approach could play right into the Magpies' hands, especially given the ease at which they tore apart AZ's defence in last week's first-half four-goal blitz.

The midfielder, who scored his 6th of the season in the first leg, told Newcastle World: "The tie is delicately poised, it's crucial that we don't concede in the first 25 minutes and we have to be very professional.

"They have to score goals, but we have shown with our pace what we are capable of on the break, especially with Duffer out wide and Oba up front."

The 28-year-old operated on the wide right during the first period against AZ last Thursday, a position from which Dyer and Nobby Solano were able to rekindle the understanding that was the heartbeat of United's Champions League successes four years ago.

Dyer added: "Obviously I like playing with Nobby Solano and we have a good understanding.

"The gaffer told me I was going to play there because of that relationship with Nobby and it panned out that we caused them a lot of problems in the first-half."

Other odds with William Hill

HATRICKS

Obafemi Martins  50/1

Kieron Dyer 80/1

Antoine Sibierski 80/1

Albert Luque 100/1

0 - 1 13/2

0 - 2 14/1

0 - 3 40/1

0 - 4 100/1

1 - 0 5/1

2 - 0 11/2

2 - 1 7/1

4 - 2 66/1

why do they even bother?

Guest Brazilianbob

Got a bad feeling about this one!

I think we will live to regret giving away that penalty in the first leg, and then Martins missing that opportunity to make it 5-2.

I see us losing 3-1 to a very late 3rd goal by AZ, with them going through on the away goals rule.  We shouldn't be surprised if that does happen, because it's vintage Newcastle isn't it!

Hope I am wrong!!!

Guest magpies_rawk

hmmm...

a negative bunch aren't we? That being said, the management should just keep their mouths shut because all these hype about being the best squad w've ever had and how confident we are of being professional enough to see them off is getting on my nerves. Who knows what they'd do to our team with regards to instilling more unwanted pressure on them?

We played great football in the opening 25 minutes because we played without fear. But now, with all that jazz about us being unstoppable, it might just get into our heads tommorrow. We really do have to get the gameplan right. concede an early goal and thats it for us....

I just hope that we dont try a gameplan that we cant play. We will get punished if we sit back too much of the game. Let them worry about us, We dont have the players or are organised enough to play deep and sit back too much of the game..

We will almost for sure have to score a goal or two to advance, thats what i believe anyway..

I have forseen the future, people.........

Prepare yourselves for a barrel load of toon goals, from none other than Damien Duffster...

The irishman will firstly burn the legs of AZ with his ferocious pace...

His tricks and turns will dazzle his on-field foes....

Their defenders will think they're living a nightmare, a nightmare so real, it'll scare the living shit out of them.....their piss bags will explode, their legs will feel 200 years old...

Duff has warned the photographers directly behind the goal to say their prayers because his goals will burst the net and most likely take their heads off......

You've seen nothing yet.........this is Damiens night to ignite.......and not even a tornado of tackles can stop him

AZ.............PREPARE FOR AN IRISH INVASION!!!!!!

:angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:

I have forseen the future, people.........

Prepare yourselves for a barrel load of toon goals, from none other than Damien Duffster...

The irishman will firstly burn the legs of AZ with his ferocious pace...

His tricks and turns will dazzle his on-field foes....

Their defenders will think they're living a nightmare, a nightmare so real, it'll scare the living shit out of them.....their piss bags will explode, their legs will feel 200 years old...

Duff has warned the photographers directly behind the goal to say their prayers because his goals will burst the net and most likely take their heads off......

You've seen nothing yet.........this is Damiens night to ignite.......and not even a tornado of tackles can stop him

AZ.............PREPARE FOR AN IRISH INVASION!!!!!!

:angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:

Funniest post ever.

Guest Darth Toon

Taylor and Carr doubtful, and Moore back in the squad according to nufc.com:

"Injury doubts over Carr and Taylor saw them train away from the main group - where we presume Huntington was.

Fit-again Craig Moore took part in training - his first public sighting since the 1-1 draw at Arsenal last November."

Taylor and Carr doubtful, and Moore back in the squad according to nufc.com:

"Injury doubts over Carr and Taylor saw them train away from the main group - where we presume Huntington was.

Fit-again Craig Moore took part in training - his first public sighting since the 1-1 draw at Arsenal last November."

You raise our hopes with news of Fatty Carr's doubtful status, then cruelly dash them again with news of Moore. :(

Guest stormrider

All I know is that all the bookies have AZ a CLEAR favorite to win. And as we all know, the bookies never lose...