Martins' Worth?

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

15-20 million  ;D

Your having a laugh

hes worth at the minute hes worth about 7 million, couldn't see many teams spending much more on him especially with his shite passing ability

Agreed. No-one's going to bid anything like that money.

I think he's probably worth slightly less than what we paid. He's done okay, he's got some good goals and he's also missed a few.

errrr...not sure he's done anywhere near anough to warrant a loss on what we've paid, surely? 17 goals in a new league, first season poor team, you cat base his value on individual flaws or weakness, you base your value on his contribution to the team, and so far, he saved us from releagtion, and has made a decent contribution so far. Simple innit!

Anything over 10 mil for Martins is pissed.  He cant control a ball,  evey shot is hit with power and usually goes wide.  You can find better for 10 mil.

He has had an ok career with us so far.

I wouldn't buy Oba for 10 Mil.  You can find better players for that price.

Like who? bear in mind he's 22, has CL experience, and has played for one of the biggest teams in europe(not that that should have a baring on thier value) and 10m doesnt get you too much better in my opinion. I'd rather have potentially 10 years of MArtins for 10m then say 3 years of Klose.

Urgh impossible to say, I look at players like Bent, Yakubu and Johnson and see how much they went for and I'd say about £12M for Martins.

Yeh, yakubu sounds like a good shout, always rated him to be fair, though still there are too many for 10m with the same quality as martins. The thing is, is that with yakubu i think you can afely say that you wont get any world class performances, whereas the same definetely cant be said for martins, as inconsistent as he is, i think he's worth every penny and a little bit more then what we paid.

15-20 million  ;D

Your having a laugh

hes worth at the minute hes worth about 7 million, couldn't see many teams spending much more on him especially with his s**** passing ability

I wouldn't say less when you look at the prices of Kamara, Chopra and the like

I think he's probably worth slightly less than what we paid. He's done okay, he's got some good goals and he's also missed a few.

if yakubu went to everton for 11m then he's worth more than that, plane and simple

i find the whole thing laughable - when you have 2 strikers like owen and viduka then having a striker like martins is perfect...we have the consistent "what you see is what you get" from those two and in martins we've got the unexpected "can conjeur up something amazing" factor

perfect conbination...what's the point in bemoaning his finishing?  that's not what he's all about...fair enough people were maybe justified in complaining last year when he was basically our only striker but now we should be focusing on what he CAN do, not what he can't

if we get martins using his strengths well and owen/viduka doing the same we'll not be in bad shape

if yakubu went to everton for 11m then he's worth more than that, plane and simple

i find the whole thing laughable - when you have 2 strikers like owen and viduka then having a striker like martins is perfect...we have the consistent "what you see is what you get" from those two and in martins we've got the unexpected "can conjeur up something amazing" factor

perfect conbination...what's the point in bemoaning his finishing?  that's not what he's all about...fair enough people were maybe justified in complaining last year when he was basically our only striker but now we should be focusing on what he CAN do, not what he can't

if we get martins using his strengths well and owen/viduka doing the same we'll not be in bad shape

apart from the goal at spurs last season when has martins actually conjeured up something amazing.

more myth making ?

apart from the goal at spurs last season when has martins actually conjeured up something amazing.

more myth making ?

I would say his goals vs Bolton (overhead kick) and City were from balls where many strikers simply wouldn't have scored.

15-20 million  ;D

Your having a laugh

hes worth at the minute hes worth about 7 million, couldn't see many teams spending much more on him especially with his s**** passing ability

A good assessment...

probably worth around what we paid for him, plus another £3-4m due to transfer fee inflation. people forget that oba is a young striker, highly rated around the world, with international and champion's league experience who has played in serie A.

probably worth around what we paid for him, plus another £3-4m due to transfer fee inflation. people forget that oba is a young striker, highly rated around the world, with international and champion's league experience who has played in serie A.

Exactly, if Championship players who haven't proven anything at a decent level are going for £5m+ you would expect Martins to go for quite a bit more.

Exactly, if Championship players who haven't proven anything at a decent level are going for £5m+ you would expect Martins to go for quite a bit more.

indeed, someone with 13 international goals in 15 caps, with 9 goals in the champion's league and 8 in the uefa cup with solid seasons in the premiership and serie A, yet some are pricing him the same bracket as Kenwyne Jones. madness.

indeed, someone with 13 international goals in 15 caps, with 9 goals in the champion's league and 8 in the uefa cup with solid seasons in the premiership and serie A, yet some are pricing him the same bracket as Kenwyne Jones. madness.

Some just seem to underrate our players without looking at the market. Yes Martins has his fault but he has a little bit of magic in him aswell. He has a very decent goal ratio for us and although his play can sometimes be awful, his ability with both feet, his athletism (sp) pace and even being fairly decent in the air he is a dangerous player and someone I wouldn't really like to have playing against us.

If Yakubu cost £11m, Chopra £5.5m and Bent cost over £16m then Martins is easily £15m at least - although I wouldn't say he was worth that much - just as Bent isn't worth £16m and Yakubu £11m

If Yakubu cost £11m, Chopra £5.5m and Bent cost over £16m then Martins is easily £15m at least - although I wouldn't say he was worth that much - just as Bent isn't worth £16m and Yakubu £11m

Exactly, people here have to take into account how much money is floating around in the premiership right now