Roeder Out

johnnypd

He never did that arm waving defence push up signal I've seen a lot of top managers do...That's why we lost innit?

you can't push up - you'd be exposing the youngest and most vulnerable section of our team

they should be protected at this delicate time in their lives

(right before they get the sack)

Vic, if you're taking this so personally the least you could do is debate the points in a sensible manner.

Guest Invicta_Toon

He never did that arm waving defence push up signal I've seen a lot of top managers do...That's why we lost innit?

you can't push up - you'd be exposing the youngest and most vulnerable section of our team

Vic, if you're taking this so personally the least you could do is debate the points in a sensible manner.

sensible debate is overrated imho :lo:

like I say, the time has passed for defending the indefensible, theyre not good enough and they need to know it

Roeder's practically said certain players let him down, he could mean Parker Solano Sibierski for all we know

As for protecting their fragile egos for Chartlon, honeslty can't see the point meself

sensible debate is overrated imho :lo:

like I say, the time has passed for defending the indefensible, theyre not good enough and they need to know it

Roeder's practically said certain players let him down, he could mean Parker Solano Sibierski for all we know

As for protecting their fragile egos for Chartlon, honeslty can't see the point meself

Still only 6 points off 6th, amazingly. I know it's an incredible long-shot, but we have one of the best-looking run-ins out of all of the teams who are challenging for Europe. Even if we don't think it possible, surely Roeder/the players should? It would be just like us to scrape 7th again after last night and I hope we do it.

I do agree with your general stance, btw, as in that even if Roeder does get the boot then who will we replace him with? The rot starts at the very top, but at least we seem to be in a more "stable" position these days, both financially and in other areas. So Glenn does deserve credit for that.

Also, if he does get us to a respectable finish in the league, it's more ammo for your current policy of defending him - surely that's motivation enough for wanting us to beat Charlton, etc. :lol:

No problem with him giving the players a bollocking in public imo, it's pretty hypocritical of him thats all.

That was the main gist of my post. He didn't accept any responsibility himself and chose simply to blame the players he coaches, buys and selects.

Guest Gemmill

What you mean Rob?

Firing Roeder won't change owt is what I mean

That's quite clearly cobblers.  If Alkmaar ditched Van Gaal and just provided the next bloke with similar funds, you think they'd perform the same.  Ditto Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal.  The quality of the manager is paramount in all of these clubs' successes.

There is absolutley no statistical evidence that changing a manager changes the results long term

The real correlation is between £££££££££ spent and points gained

As a general rule perhaps. The most important factor is having the right man with the right backing in terms of success though. I wouldn't advocate sacking Roeder now btw, it would do more harm than good imo.

There is absolutley no statistical evidence that changing a manager changes the results long term

As a general rule perhaps. The most important factor is having the right man with the right backing in terms of success though. I wouldn't advocate sacking Roeder now btw, it would do more harm than good imo.

If we dont have the right man to replace him yes but if we find some top class manager then Roeder should go asap

We should do what we didn't last year. It's pretty clear we're going to end up safe this year and we've probably done alright on the money side of things, so in the summer say thanks to Roeder for that and bring in a proper manager.

What you mean Rob?

That's quite clearly cobblers.  If Alkmaar ditched Van Gaal and just provided the next bloke with similar funds, you think they'd perform the same.  Ditto Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal.  The quality of the manager is paramount in all of these clubs' successes.

Arsenal, ManU and Liverpool were all sucessful before their current managers

And Chelski prove my point - ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££  = winners

Guest Gemmill

What you mean Rob?

Arsenal, ManU and Liverpool were all sucessful before their current managers

And Chelski prove my point - ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££  = winners

How do you explain Ranieri?  £££££££££ = Fuck all, there.

If we dont have the right man to replace him yes but if we find some top class manager then Roeder should go asap

I'm guessing we don't have the right man to replace him lined up.

I think Van Gaal might fancy the challenge and we'd pay him a canny bit more than Alkmaar. Doubt he's even on Shepherd's radar though in any case.

someone said theyre paying him shitloads, can't see why the fuck he would want to come here

For the money and the challenge, possibly. Like I said though, I can't see it happening. I'm struggling to think of why anyone decent would want to come here tbh. I don't believe they've got more financial clout than us though.

....if we wait Rijkaard and Benitez will be out of jobs in the summer.

wrong.

We should do what we didn't last year. It's pretty clear we're going to end up safe this year and we've probably done alright on the money side of things, so in the summer say thanks to Roeder for that and bring in a proper manager.

This at any other club would be the normal course of events.

I think Van Gaal might fancy the challenge and we'd pay him a canny bit more than Alkmaar. Doubt he's even on Shepherd's radar though in any case.

I think he wouldn't have been 2-3 weeks ago. Think he would now though. I think he'd relish it. He's been going on about how a team with Martins, Dyer, Solano & Butt should be pushing top 4...well come on then, show us how it's done Louis.

Then he's an idiot.

someone said theyre paying him shitloads, can't see why the fuck he would want to come here

For the money and the challenge, possibly. Like I said though, I can't see it happening. I'm struggling to think of why anyone decent would want to come here tbh. I don't believe they've got more financial clout than us though.

wrong.

Rijkaard will go back to national coach and Benny is going to Spain. Hiddink is coming to Chelsea and Moaney to Italy. ALL FACTS.  ;) :lol:

wrong.

Rijkaard will go back to national coach and Benny is going to Spain. Hiddink is coming to Chelsea and Moaney to Italy. ALL FACTS.  ;) :lol:

So how will they be out of jobs?

wrong.

So how will they be out of jobs?

Now you're being pedantic. :lol:

....Rijkaard might be swayed Dutch national team runs itself.

I'm guessing we don't have the right man to replace him lined up.

the fat pig has plenty of time during the summer break