Roeder Out

johnnypd

Guest Invicta_Toon

As he said a couple of weeks ago, he reckons with the players we've got we should be a lot better than we are. Do you not think he'd fancy taking that on?

if he really did, do you not think he would be here? it's just chatting shit for the media FFS

I wonder what Leazes thinks of Roeder's comments on his defenders not being good enough. After all, it's forwards we need, right?

*Reverting from Shepherd Is God mode*

*Entering Non Shepherd Related mode*

*Search memory database for "Need Defenders"*

*No replies found*

*Exit*

*Re-Enter Shepherd Is God mode*

*Open file "Preivous Boards No Ambition"*

*Copy Paste*

*Open file "Im Older Therefore Better"*

*Copy Paste*

*Exit*

*Have a wank*

hee hee... mackems.gif

Guest redmayne

i'd take souness right now what a fucking cunt roeder is - its one of the worst decisions ever - he was a shit footballer and has always been a shit manager cunt has teflon all over him how he even got the job i do not know

god i am so angry i cant even talk sense about the cunt

Guest Invicta_Toon

i'd take souness right now what a fucking cunt roeder is - its one of the worst decisions ever - he was a shit footballer and has always been a shit manager cunt has teflon all over him how he even got the job i do not know

god i am so angry i cant even talk sense about the cunt

got that right :lol:

As he said a couple of weeks ago, he reckons with the players we've got we should be a lot better than we are. Do you not think he'd fancy taking that on?

if he really did, do you not think he would be here? it's just chatting shit for the media FFS

:lol: Amazing how much your knowledge of football is lacking.  I'd go so far as nonexistent.

I think Van Gaal might fancy the challenge and we'd pay him a canny bit more than Alkmaar. Doubt he's even on Shepherd's radar though in any case.

someone said theyre paying him shitloads, can't see why the fuck he would want to come here

For the money and the challenge, possibly. Like I said though, I can't see it happening. I'm struggling to think of why anyone decent would want to come here tbh. I don't believe they've got more financial clout than us though.

I think Van Gaal might fancy the challenge and we'd pay him a canny bit more than Alkmaar. Doubt he's even on Shepherd's radar though in any case.

someone said theyre paying him shitloads, can't see why the fuck he would want to come here

For the money and the challenge, possibly. Like I said though, I can't see it happening. I'm struggling to think of why anyone decent would want to come here tbh. I don't believe they've got more financial clout than us though.

....if we wait Rijkaard and Benitez will be out of jobs in the summer.

Guest Invicta_Toon

:lol: Amazing how much your knowledge of football is lacking.  I'd go so far as nonexistent.

what the fuck has football knowledge got to do with that post numbnuts?

so he really wants to manage newcastle but instead ends up at some two but small time dutch club who happen to be challenging for a title and embarrassing us in uefa?

you honestly think us not approaching him is why he's not here? give over FFS

I bet you think hitzfeld would have come if only we had asked him

....if we wait Rijkaard and Benitez will be out of jobs in the summer.

You mean Ancelotti..

Actually there an Alkmaar fan on TT who reckons their chairman is minted, so I reckon Vic is right about us having no chance with Van Gaal.

so he really wants to manage newcastle but instead ends up at some two but small time dutch club who happen to be challenging for a title and embarrassing us in uefa?

I quoted your most recent post.  I could have quoted any post you've ever made and stated you know nothing.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Actually there an Alkmaar fan on TT who reckons their chairman is minted, so I reckon Vic is right about us having no chance with Van Gaal.

not just that, it's a dutch club too, and by the sounds of it, VG is a media whore who loves being a dutch darling of the press

but people can't see past the ends of their noses when it comes to thinking about potential managers

Guest Invicta_Toon

I quoted your most recent post.  I could have quoted any post you've ever made and stated you know nothing.

thanks for the info, now run along and bother someone else blackshirt

Just listened to that interview:

Glenn, "I've got to get defenders". mackems.gif :cheesy:

Surely not!? :o

Him blaming the defence makes me feel more than a bit "off" with the bloke. How low can you stoop when you're blaming two young lads, who you "coach" every day and who you select to play in your team, along with an ageing right-winger filling in at right-back and a player who has a consistent track-record of failing to turn up in the big games? Aye Glenn, it's their fault that they're not good enough to play for Newcastle United. Never mind that Huntington never had an ounce of help from Parker, Butt or Duff, never mind that Nicky Butt didn't seem to turn up and did absolutely zero to protect the back-four, never mind that your long-ball tactics were utterly futile, as usual.

There are plenty of other reasons why we didn't go through tonight, it's not just because the three defenders we did play are not good enough to play at this level.

I've been fairly even-handed with Roeder, but to absolve himself from the blame in the way that he has done in the media last night/today is a fucking wretched way to conduct yourself for someone who still has to pick his players up for the remaining 9 league games. "Aye lads, you're all fucking shite and you're getting replaced in the summer... now here's how I want you to play against Charlton... I don't expect anything less than 100%"

Unbelievable.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Just listened to that interview:

Glenn, "I've got to get defenders". mackems.gif :cheesy:

Surely not!? :o

Him blaming the defence makes me feel more than a bit "off" with the bloke. How low can you stoop when you're blaming two young lads, who you "coach" every day and who you select to play in your team, along with an ageing right-winger filling in at right-back and a player who has a consistent track-record of failing to turn up in the big games? Aye Glenn, it's their fault that they're not good enough to play for Newcastle United. Never mind that Huntington never had an ounce of help from Parker, Butt or Duff, never mind that Nicky Butt didn't seem to turn up and did absolutely zero to protect the back-four, never mind that your long-ball tactics were utterly futile, as usual.

There are plenty of other reasons why we didn't go through tonight, it's not just because the three defenders we did play are not good enough to play at this level.

I've been fairly even-handed with Roeder, but to absolve himself from the blame in the way that he has done in the media last night/today is a fucking wretched way to conduct yourself for someone who still has to pick his players up for the remaining 9 league games. "Aye lads, you're all fucking shite and you're getting replaced in the summer... now here's how I want you to play against Charlton... I don't expect anything less than 100%"

Unbelievable.

you'd rather he came out and defended them? I can see the reactions now

it's not about defending them.. it's about telling the true for once

not the typical 'we are aware of our performance. we'll work hard to improve.' bullshit.. too bad there are no new injuries, so that Roeder can remind us how he never uses that as an excuse.. or how he fears nothing.. i just wish he'd admit he was wrong in something

Guest Invicta_Toon

it's not about defending them.. it's about telling the true for once

not the typical 'we are aware of our performance. we'll work hard to improve.' bullshit.. too bad there are no new injuries, so that Roeder can remind us how he never uses that as an excuse.. or how he fears nothing.. i just wish he'd admit he was wrong in something

that just reminds me of mick mcarthy

sooner or later, you have to call a spade a spade

I'd rather he didn't single them out, Vic. Out of the entire team last night he's picked on the youngest section of it to place the blame, when the fact of the matter is that Martins, Dyer, Duff, Parker and Butt were as bad, if not worse, at doing their own "jobs" than the defenders were. It's a laugh that everyone has been saying exactly what he's come out with for seasons now regarding Bramble and since Huntington's debut a good number of people have been certain that he was never going to be good enough, especially at left-back. But now, when the pressure is really on, Roeder reverts from type and changes the record to shift the blame to the usual section of our team.

Like I said, I've never been one to lambast Roeder for everything and I do realise how much of a difficult position himself/the team has put him in last night, but I just think it's exceptionally poor man-management to come out and say that your players, who you pick, are not good enough when all of them are still going to play a big part in the final 9 games of the season.

I would have preferred if he'd held his hands up, on this one occasion, and say that he was tactically outclassed by one of the best managers in the world. To say that the entire team did not do their jobs properly and that it is not the sole responsibility of the defenders to stop the goals. Given wasn't exactly blameless for either of them, yet he gets praised to the hilt? It just doesn't sit right with me the route that he's taken after this game.

To blame the referee, as well, after Taylor didn't even see yellow for the elbow, after Huntington's foul right on the chalk of the area wasn't even given in the first half, Nicky Butt only getting yellow for a blatant kick and after multiple other occasions in both ties of the round where the referee treat us extremely favourably is another example of nothing else but blame-shifting. We had the better of both referees in both ties from what I could see, yet Roeder is using their decisions as an excuse as to why we lost?

It's extremely poor form from a man who has always gone out of his way to appear to take the moral high ground... the fact that he's now decided to pull out the injuries "excuse" is another nugget, as well. Not that he hasn't used that one before, like (in a less than direct manner, of course.)

I'm not saying "Roeder Out", but I am severely questioning his tactics/selection during the second-leg and his media response after yet another low point in his reign.

Guest Invicta_Toon

He never did that arm waving defence push up signal I've seen a lot of top managers do...That's why we lost innit?

you can't push up - you'd be exposing the youngest and most vulnerable section of our team

they should be protected at this delicate time in their lives

(right before they get the sack)