Roeder Out

johnnypd

I take it Roeder backed our completely impotent approach of hoofing the ball up the pitch for Sibierski to head on for a Martins sprint. You might've thought we'd learn after the first six or seven attempts that not much good was coming of it - for us, anyway - I'm sure Alkmaar loved it. We scored four fine goals against them in the first leg and not one of them involved that particular manoeuvre at any one point. Fast, precise, incisive grass-level passes were the order of the day and we tore them apart. Today we did everything we could to avoid such guile. Bloody idiocy. As ever, of course, once we were behind we decided to try something other than aimless punts. Too late by then, unfortunately, with desperation then commanding our guiding strategy.

Agree with that. I think we lost this tie during the 2nd half of the first leg. Fuck knows what Roeder said to them at half time last week. They had clearly re-organised and came out a different team with different tactics. They dominated the 2nd half and got another away goal. They also went out of their way to make sure they weren't caught out again in the 2nd leg.

Meanwhile, Roeder stood in his technical area scratching his fucking arsehole, doing/changing fuck all. Just can't get my head around 4-1 up at half time in the first leg and STILL lose the tie. Fucking staggering. The bloke's so far out of his depth it's untrue.

Look the person we should be really having a go at is Fat Fred, he hired Roeder!, him and the Board nobody else can take the blame for this fiasco. Roeder has never had a proven track record but because of the feel good factor at the end of last season most on here said Roeder was the one to take us back to the top, there has been only a few of us that have said consistently he wasn't the man for us. I'm sorry to say the only way this club is ever going to take notice is, if you don't buy anymore from the club, protest with your wallet is the only way Fat Fred and the Board will ever sit up and take notice and only then. Then again pigs may fly!.

For me the UEFA Cup was the only thing to justify keeping him on. Madness today, he waited until the 85th minute to make a significant change. Emre wasn't going to change the match was he?!

Emre did change the game, in terms of how we were playing and our ability to drive forward. It's a pity he took off Duff for him though, it should have been Parker.

Roeder: "I have to find defenders who are good enough to play in front of Shay Given."

Well done Glenn, you've finally got it. Bit late like.

He might want to also find a coaching team worth more than fuck all. Oh, and some managerial talent for himself, and some more outfield players.

I have said for months that Gormless Glen is hopeless and will take us nowhere other than mediocrity at best. I have seen so many defending him in unbelievable circumstances and at times attacking me. At the end of the day it is not his fault, he was offered the job and jumped at the the money when he was never going to get a job even in the lower leagues. What alternatives are there ? Probably not many while Jabba the Hutt is in charge. But he must go at the end of this season or it will be even worse and more frustrating next season.  If we can't attract a real high quality foreign coach then we could do worse than going for Chris Coleman who has done a good job at Fulham, fought off clubs trying to buy his players on the cheap, can attract good players eg Montella and at least has some tactical nous. I admit he has got some things wrong but is young and is learning....something I am afraid Gormless Glen is beyond doing.

I have said for months that Gormless Glen is hopeless and will take us nowhere other than mediocrity at best. I have seen so many defending him in unbelievable circumstances and at times attacking me. At the end of the day it is not his fault, he was offered the job and jumped at the the money when he was never going to get a job even in the lower leagues. What alternatives are there ? Probably not many while Jabba the Hutt is in charge. But he must go at the end of this season or it will be even worse and more frustrating next season.  If we can't attract a real high quality foreign coach then we could do worse than going for Chris Coleman who has done a good job at Fulham, fought off clubs trying to buy his players on the cheap, can attract good players eg Montella and at least has some tactical nous. I admit he has got some things wrong but is young and is learning....something I am afraid Gormless Glen is beyond doing.

We should be looking for something  better than Coleman

I think we need foreigh coach

Someone who has tactical knowledge and knows what to do

Roeder is clueless

Guest Phil K
Chris Coleman who has done a good job at Fulham, fought off clubs trying to buy his players on the cheap,

The only club he managed to "fight off" was us.

The players going elsewhere, went - and for what was offered.

He demanded 3 times what the player was worth to us, then off the player went elsewhere for a fraction of what he demanded of us. (Steed whatsits for example)

I'd prefer to keep Roeder than that tosser.

Roeder: "I have to find defenders who are good enough to play in front of Shay Given."

Isn't this what we were screaming at Roeder at BOTH transfer deadlines ?

Gooch is one - we needed 4 times as many.

Bring in Houllier.

Roeder is clueless

Houllier, in other words.

Chris Coleman who has done a good job at Fulham, fought off clubs trying to buy his players on the cheap,

He demanded 3 times what the player was worth to us, then off the player went elsewhere for a fraction of what he demanded of us. (Steed whatsits for example)

Bring in Houllier.

what have you seen from onyewu to think he is better than what we already have ?

Guest Phil K
what have you seen from onyewu to think he is better than what we already have ?

Fair point.

But he has to have a little time don't you think ?

The rest have had more than enough, and have been found wanting (to say the least)

So far Gooch has been no worse, and that just starting off.

Fair point.

But he has to have a little time don't you think ?

The rest have had more than enough, and have been found wanting (to say the least)

So far Gooch has been no worse, and that just starting off.

yes he does need more games,i just thought your "gooch is one" was very definite.

even then how can we gauge a defender with the way we defend as a team ?

Bring in Houllier.

Roeder is clueless

Oh please dont say this name as a possible successor after Roeder

Liverpoo get rid of him and now are going really well

Lyon hired him and immediately were eliminated in the Champions league

He is not what we should be looking for.

Only my opinion of course

Guest Phil K

Roeder has never had a proven track record but because of the feel good factor at the end of last season most on here said Roeder was the one to take us back to the top, there has been only a few of us that have said consistently he wasn't the man for us.

Yes, and I often felt like a voice in the wilderness on the subject that Roeder was NOT the man, and that three quarters wanted him (the abuse I got from that comment alone was unbelievable ! Especially as the prats denying it were ones who HAD praised Roeder and said he should get the job) - I was pilloried by many on here including several commenting against Roeder RIGHT NOW. At this moment.

Proven right on him doesnt make me feel any better, believe me.

Bring in Houllier.

Roeder is clueless

Here Here

We don't need another mouthy welsh cunt at the club tbh

Roeder has never had a proven track record but because of the feel good factor at the end of last season most on here said Roeder was the one to take us back to the top, there has been only a few of us that have said consistently he wasn't the man for us.

Yes, and I often felt like a voice in the wilderness on the subject that Roeder was NOT the man, and that three quarters wanted him (the abuse I got from that comment alone was unbelievable ! Especially as the prats denying it were ones who HAD praised Roeder and said he should get the job) - I was pilloried by many on here including several commenting against Roeder RIGHT NOW. At this moment.

Proven right on him doesnt make me feel any better, believe me.

There were quite alot of us on here who didnt want him as manager. Frustrating as fuck after all that crap Freddy told us about taking his time, appointing the right man, having to go abroad if he had to get the right man, how it was his last chance. Pissed plenty of us off when it became clear that Glenn was to be our next manager and we were looking to bend all the rules in an effort to make that appointment.