Bramble

tmonkey

Guest Invicta_Toon

what do u mean i am clearly not watchin the games? r u tryin to say newcastles defence are good?

i'm saying bramble is the weakest link by FAR

i know theres a thread slagging taylor off too. so what? what im saying is the majority of the time when ppl have a go at newcastles defence they mostly have a go at bramble and in my opinion he shudnt be singled out when all of our defence r rubbish every game apart from Gucci.

Rubbish, Babayaro and Carr get far more stick than Bramble on here although I think him being partly to blame for one goal last night and completely to blame for the other explains why he's currently getting more stick than two full-backs who didn't even play last night. As far Taylor, he was poor last night but at least he's got a chance to improve with age, etc. (I'm not convinced he'll turn out to be good enough myself) but Bramble has shown he isn't good enough over several seasons now (the odd decent spell of form notwithstanding).

Guest Invicta_Toon

if bramble cut the mistakes out his game he wud be good. taylors never goin to be good

swap the names around and you're spot on

if bramble cut the mistakes out his game he wud be good. taylors never goin to be good

:lol: Thanks for cheering me up.

Get to fuck. He's rubbish, slow, and thick as fuck.

He's pretty quick actually, unless you mean his speed of thought.

Taylor is young and has time on his side. If you can get a classy, experienced centre-back in alongside him - then he'll come on leaps and bounds.

Bramble has proved time and time again that he's not good enough, and yet he's still here. The kid is built like a centre half should be, but he just doesn't have it upstairs to be a top CB. He's Championship level at best, now. If he gets a new contract, then it sums up the current ambition of the club.

I meant both. And speed of reaction. So thats actual pace, speed of reaction and speed of thought. All 3 let him down for the 2nd goal last night.

I meant both. And speed of reaction. So thats actual pace, speed of reaction and speed of thought. All 3 let him down for the 2nd goal last night.

He's got plenty pace. The other two let him down for the 2nd goal with actual running speed being a negligible factor in that instance. I'm not defending him btw.

He's got plenty pace. The other two let him down for the 2nd goal with actual running speed being a negligible factor in that instance. I'm not defending him btw.

His pace is not good, mate. I reckon shearer coudl outpace him. Now.

THe girls love him.

Whatever, we both agree he's s****. Not worth arguing about the details really, is it? :lol:

Not really, no, he's so s**** it doesn't matter about detail.

I hope to god all of the "keep him as a back up" fans have shut up for good now.

shut up !

He's so shit huh?  Bollocks all defense had a shit game yesterday he has been really good for last 5 games you ignored that. generally done well this year but ye why don't you kneejerk to the max ! you big tit

Whatever, we both agree he's s****. Not worth arguing about the details really, is it? :lol:

I hope to god all of the "keep him as a back up" fans have shut up for good now.

This is exactly it, i don't know why people go on about him having a good tackle or the pace to be a top premiership defender when he does the worst thing a defender can do (makes blatant goal costing mistakes) in almost every 2nd match he plays in. He's a liability, always has been and always will be. I hope to fuck he's shown the door in the summer like he should of 2 seasons ago.

Is he finished here, lads? From Roeder's comments I cannot see him getting a new contract now, his words about the defence described Bramble better than anyone: "you think they've learned and then it happens again"... etc.

Let's hope we finally see Taylor and Onyewu paired together in the middle - and then some good defenders brought in over the summer.

he WAS bollocks last night, i admit that, he has played well recently but where it really mattered he became a bag of nerves.

However, is there a defender in the world who would look forward to playing between Taylor and Huntington?

Is he finished here, lads?

I pray to fuck he is. 

He might have looked a talent a few years ago, might have had some of the ingredients, but if it's not glaringly, blindingly, smack-you-in-the-face-with-a-brick obvious yet, he's never going to be the quality we need. 

We will never have a good defence until we play with some organisation and tactics.

Good defenders are made, not born.

Our problem is that we keep buying or producing young defensive talent, but do nothing with it, in fact, not only do we not make them into quality defenders, we seem to make them worse than they were before our coaches ever went near them. This is what happened to Bramble (plus others before him), what is happening with Taylor, and what will happen with Huntington and Edgar. We will never have a good defence until we get coaches that know what they are doing, I had hoped that Roeder and Pearson might sorting this out, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

People are more than happy to slag off the players and say they're not good enough, but the fact is no one player can sort out our defence and no one player is to blame for how shit it is. People are going to go: "What about Woodgate, he was great, I lurve him", but I'd say he is the perfect example of what I'm saying. He is widely considered to be a good player - when he actually manages to play - but did he make us have a strong defence? Did he bollocks, we were still shaky as fuck at the back, even with him in the team.

Our coaches have consistently had decent to good raw materials to work with, yet they've consistently failed to make them into the finished article. It can be done, look at Tony Adams, look at Greece for fuck's sake!!

Guest the_guv_nor

shut up !

He's so s*** huh?  Bollocks all defense had a s*** game yesterday he has been really good for last 5 games you ignored that. generally done well this year but ye why don't you kneejerk to the max ! you big tit

Are you crazy?  had 5 good games!  He has been sh!t for 5 yrs and has made no progress whatsoever.  Coincidentally, neither has the team or the defence. 

If he was a race horse, my dog would no doubt be feeding on him by now. 

I couldnt give a sh!t if he is man of the match for all the remaining games.  He is a disgrace to the shirt and he cant leave town quick enough for me.