Bramble

tmonkey

Guest Invicta_Toon

Ankdh

you do understand the concept of marking your man right?

and that if you lose your man and he scores it's your fault, and fuck all to do with how anyone else did or did not play

He had a poor game, but shouldn't take all the blame.

On the first goal, he shouldn't have moved up. However, I don't know if my memory is playing tricks on me, but it didn't make any difference. The wide player would have got the ball regardless. For some reason, they were able to expose our full backs at will.

The second goal is down to him, but the reason he lost his man was he had to run around a knot of players in order to try and stay with his man, and in the end didn't make it in time. There was an element of bad luck there, although all in all he wasn't aggressive enough.

Ankdh

and that if you lose your man and he scores it's your fault, and fuck all to do with how anyone else did or did not play

You're so slow, you're Huntington.

Guest Knightrider

Blame Bramble all you like, the fact we have to resort to keep playing him and players of his ilk, says more about the club than Bramble's ability and performances, rather embarrassing tbh.

Nobby's distribution was shocking, but defensively he was OK for me.

Butt had a poor game, but he regularly has had a poor game when playing alonside Parker. No idea why.

Huntington was worse than Bramble in a way, yes, but hes a kid being played out of position and hes probably shiite in the first place now that hes had a fair few games.

Taylor had one thuggish moment, and another where he let the ball go over his head and was lucky to get away with it. His third shiite moment was the first goal where he didnt cut the cross out. Poor game from him, but the rest of the time he was average.

Bramble was awful the entire game. Time and time again he was ball watching. What kind of a defender watches a man IN FRONT OF HIM, about a yard onside when the ball is passed, run through on goal, and stop entirely with his hand raised? Simple answer, a defender like Bramble, who only sees the ball. Arvaldaze probably didnt even register in Bramble's brain till he recieved the pass. He did this the entire game, ball watch, and hes done it his entire career. Hes ALWAYS failed to pick his man up, hes always watching the ball, because thats the type of defender he is - he sees the ball, he goes for it. On top of this, his clearances were shiite the entire game. Sliced, panicked, whacked, no methodology, no technique, no consistency or control. His passing was also abysmal the entire game - he could have cost us 3 goals on another day purely from playing us into trouble. Particularly the pass to Butt where he played it into the path of 2 AZ players who would have been through, and Butt somehow managed to get a last ditch touch in and get it between one of the players' legs.

Shocking player who costs us far too often when its mattered. He should be playing for a club like Fulham, with all due respect, although I doubt theyd take him after he gifted them a few goals and the win earlier on in the season by - you guessed it - ball watching.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Blame Bramble all you like, the fact we have to resort to keep playing him and players of his ilk, says more about the club than Bramble's ability and performances, rather embarrassing tbh.

we don't resort to, we give him a fuckoff contract and choose to play him FFS

Same as the other 10 tbh. If you want to pick on him because you've been "waiting" for it to happen, by all means do so, but Paolo-fucking-Maldini couldn't have kept a cool head/held his position/dominated the defence alongside Huntington, Taylor and Solano.

he was bloody awful, you could equally say "huntington couldn't keep a cool head alongside such and such" or "solano couldn't keep a cool head" etc etc. load of crap to say he's some put upon hero a la Maldini who is wrongly suffering due to his team mates, he made by my count about 15 or 16 INDIVIDUAL errors tonight, which is pretty incredible. awful even by his poor standards.

Yes, yet there's a thread exclusively for him! The whole defence was shit. What would you expect from this CB you evidently wish was out there in his place? A god-like saviour amongst schoolkids?

It says much for your tenuous stance that you would count his errors alone, after he'd been one of our best players recently. I take it you counted the errors of Oba Martins? Butt, maybe? Shay Given? Pathetic. Trying to scapegoat a god-awful team performance on any one player is worthy of Andy Townsend, brother.

why is it pathetic? i have no grudge whatsoever against him. i actually think he is our best defender when on song. i even thought he looked immense for the first 5 minutes. i only started counting his mistakes as he made about 4 in one minute around 10 minutes into the match, and this caught my attention. but i notice you've no more to say about his actual performance.

btw a piece of advice, stick to talking about the player rather than trying to undermine someone's motivations.

My bad. I was wrong to lump you in with others who I've come across on the board.

That said, I don't think he was the worst defender out there on the night. AZ focused much of their attack on the right because Louis Van Gaal had the critical knowledge of any N-O poster worth their salt, and knew that to disorientate our central defence, he had to get them to cover for our incompetent full-backs.

This is why I think it is wrong that Bramble has his own thread.

Huntington - Patently obvious that he was the worst player out there. Skinned repeatedly to the point where he single-handedly disrupted the shape of our team. Full-backs are uber-important in Europe.

Solano - Uncharacteristically uncomposed. One of about three really stinking performances he's had at RB. In fairness to him, he was pegged back and had virtually no options. Looked very lost. Gave the ball away in dangerous areas and was out of position a lot.

Taylor - Mistakes galore. Dangerous liability. Probably second worst out there behind Huntington.

Bramble - Awful. Similarly to Solano, had little options, so ran his foot through it, so Newcastle had lost possession. This is something everyone was guilty of, mind. Was constantly pulled out of position [partly by AZ players, but more often than not, by NUFC players] and gradually lost the confidence that is so integral to his game.

My apologises again.

i'd say only Huntington was worse, simply because he couldn't even do the basic things, and looked way, way, way off the pace. totally out of his depth. the only good things i recall him doing were one tackle when assisted by butt and of course the clearance off the line.

Solano defended awfully tonight, in the first half his positioning was all over the place and this contributed to AZ's fantastic wing play. He was also making individual errors, though he was probably our best player when going forward with the ball, so that buys him a bit of credit. he's the only defender without a thread dedicated to his ineptness tonight, which is probably about right on balance.

Taylor i thought did some good things throughout the match, but also some very stupid things. he's a little shit who drastically needs to change his ways, it's not clever to carry on the way he does. he makes every single moment into a cliffhanger confrontation, he commits his body every single time and while he will win the ball quite often, he leaves the team vulnerable if he is not successful. i don't think his performance was as error-strewn as bramble's though. bramble looked unfocused all game, making lots of little unforced errors when he had no reason to, and some major errors too. and it ballooned from there. it's funny cos he looked so bloody dominant in the previous leg, and yet he's put in his worst performance in years against the very same opposition. sadly i don't see him changing this pattern 4 good games, one disaster, 4 good games, one disaster (repeat till retirement)

Guest Invicta_Toon

Ankdh

aye didn't think so tbh

I never want to hear talk of a new contract for this fat useless waste of space ever again.

A man could never be so right

As for Solano you could tell in my opinion he was trying to keep it on the floor, straight after the 2nd half you could tell Roeder was telling the defence just to keep it, Solano tried to be too clever at the start of the half and turn the winger inside and lost posession but was lucky that the striker was offside. Also i felt that Dyer cutting in far too much didn't help as Right Back to Right Wing is the easy ball option and i can't remember Dyer being there more than a couple of occasions.

If Bramble gets a new contract its a total disgrace. It made me feel physically sick when I read about him in The Sun the other week. Not the story, but the fact that it happened in HIS MANSION!!!! This cunt has been taking the piss out of us for so long. He is a Championship defender who belongs at a place like Southend of Plymouth, not in the Premiership, and certainly not in Europe. If he was foreign he would be gone long ago.

His hero chellenges (lunging when when theres no need) are getting beyond a joke! He does one successful one and the crowd love it! Why?, I havent got a clue! Its dangerous and unless this thick slow idiot times it right, it ends in disaster! Tonight he tried two and was booked for the second. Pathetic and embarasing!

Ankdh

aye didn't think so tbh

I'll give you the most exaggerated example so you understand.

Bramble is marking Invicta Toon. Ramage is marking Thierry Henry. Invicta Toon goes to Burger King, and Bramble, being fond of the odd burger, marks him. Back on the football field, Henry is running full pelt at Ramage...

...now then, do you think Bramble should have maybe helped out Ramage instead of following his inactive marker, mm?

Invicta Toon, I should reiterate for you that this is just an example. E-X-A-M-P-L-E.

Guest Wally_McFool

I dont usually have any time for Andy townsend as a TV pundit but his "ripping into"  Bramble for AZ's second goal was spot on. Bramble was caught 6 yards away from the man who scored and who he was supposed to be marking.

Its time to get rid of this error prone clown.

Given was more to blame for the first goal than anyone else.

Given had a terrible match. only footballer in the world who can't actually kick a ball.

Obviously if we went on to win the game, everyone would be mentioning his world class save at the other end when he tipped it onto the post. I personally thought he was one of the better players on the pitch. I think he only sliced it once and he had to deal with alot of the back passes and in my opinion had great composure which not alot of keepers had. However my only negative is that he hoofs is up alot, but then again with the defence he had in front i wouldn't blame him.

I dont usually have any time for Andy townsend as a TV pundit but his "ripping into"  Bramble for AZ's second goal was spot on. Bramble was caught 6 yards away from the man who scored and who he was supposed to be marking.

I'm glad he came out straight and said what was on his mind. He's won my respect! :lol:

Guest Ridzuan

Same old Bramble,always s***e.Glad that we havnt offered him a new contract because he dont deserve it.What he deserve he to get out of the club.