Article on BBC Sport, Roeder Rubbish, Big Club?

Mowen

thought you said we make nothing but "trophy signings" ?

Shame it isn't written by your london journo chum you dug the dirt on the club to eh ?

Anyway, the sentence the year they threw the Premiership away because Kevin Keegan started pointing and shouting live on telly should tell you its written by a biased idiot with little idea of the club, along with the quote

The fans will continue to turn up, as they invariably do which shows he also knows nothing about the club, like the KK bandwagon jumpers ie thickmick and ozziemandiarse, who certainly didn't "invariably show up" when the club had s*** directors, along with 30,000 others.

Who are you posting as today?

Are you Leazesmag?

Are you NE5?

Are you Beermonster?

Or, are you Steve?

Or lastly, are you all 4 again?

I'm only asking because I like to know who I'm replying to.

thought you said we make nothing but "trophy signings" ?

Shame it isn't written by your london journo chum you dug the dirt on the club to eh ?

Anyway, the sentence the year they threw the Premiership away because Kevin Keegan started pointing and shouting live on telly should tell you its written by a biased idiot with little idea of the club, along with the quote

The fans will continue to turn up, as they invariably do which shows he also knows nothing about the club, like the KK bandwagon jumpers ie thickmick and ozziemandiarse, who certainly didn't "invariably show up" when the club had s*** directors, along with 30,000 others.

Who are you posting as today?

Are you Leazesmag?

Are you NE5?

Are you Beermonster?

Or, are you Steve?

Or lastly, are you all 4 again?

I'm only asking because I like to know who I'm replying to.

I don't believe anyone, even you, believes that utter crap about losing the title because of Keegan shouting on TV.

For that alone, the post should be ignored for what it is. Which is what I posted earlier, that you haven't responded to, surprise surprise.

The only name I am is NE5.

Are you macbeth, gejon, toonstaylor, delima to name a few. I suspect you are, because you all copy and paste each other

Guest goal!

All true in this article

At the moment we are mid table team with some very good players with the best fans in the world with one of the biggest stadiums in England with poor manager and even poorer and more stupid chairman

That is what newcastle united football club is

One more thing about our beloved chairman

They are right in the article when they say our chairman always brings and gives money to bring good,famous and star players

The only thing they didnt say is that he didnt bring the good,famous and star manager to manage this players

If Shepherd appointed some class manager after SBR was sacked i would still back him up and i will still wanted him to stay

But he f***** 2 times and he f***** big time so he needs to go like Glenda too

You don't seriously believe that do you? Thought it was just Sky that state that... really that's worse than all those that sing "we are the loyalist football supporters" and actually believe it.

Sub-30,000 attendance for a big 'last 16' UEFA Cup game kind of devalues that opinion.

Agree your point on Shepherd though, after such a 'right manager at the right time' choice in SBR he has seriously f%&ked up time after time ever since.

I don't believe anyone, even you, believes that utter crap about losing the title because of Keegan shouting on TV.

For that alone, the post should be ignored for what it is. Which is what I posted earlier, that you haven't responded to, surprise surprise.

Are you macbeth, gejon, toonstaylor, delima to name a few. I suspect you are, because you all copy and paste each other

So do you lie when you deny being those or did you lie when you told me you were Leazes and Beermonster on other forums?

Which one is the lie?

Have I ever claimed to be one of those you mention?

Guest Knightrider

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A20812862

Newcastle can chalk off another year without a trophy after their wretched, spineless Uefa Cup exit against AZ Alkmaar.

Glenn Roeder's desperately negative and naive game-plan was a cast-iron guarantee that it would be 38 years and counting since the distant black and white memories of the Inter Cities Fairs Cup win against Újpest Dózsa.

Newcastle supporters have not been short on suffering, and the alarm bells signalling another inevitable disappointment must have been ringing when Roeder proclaimed before the game that a goalless draw would do his side nicely.

And once the game started, their worst fears were confirmed. Roeder, with a two-goal cushion, sent Newcastle to their demise.

Roeder is only too keen to paint himself as a shrewd, street-smart tactician when Newcastle win, but he should have known Alkmaar, under the vastly superior coaching of Louis van Gaal, do not do goalless draws.

So timid Newcastle sat back and almost accepted their fate like frightened men, hoping to scrape a goal or somehow hang on against a side that looked full of goals and attacking intent.

Roeder shifted some of the blame on to the referee and a lot of the blame on to his defenders.

Strangely enough, not too much of the blame appeared to land at his door.

Sorry Glenn, this one rotted from the top down and you must take your share as well.

True enough, Newcastle were without Michael Owen, as they have been for virtually 15 months, but does one serious injury have such a debilitating effect?

Roeder talks of bringing in defenders, but he has had plenty of time to do that and this is a classic case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

And why was James Milner, a positive influence and arguably Newcastle's best player this season, left on the bench when Roeder surely knew a goal would pile almost insurmoutable pressure on Alkmaar?

Even Emre was thrown into the fray before him, a move that was hardly a raging success.

What would a warrior like Alan Shearer have made of Newcastle's pathetic approach in Holland, seemingly stripped of positive intent and cowering their way out of the cup?

Newcastle play in a big city with big support, but the question remains about whether they are a big club.

They have certainly acted like a big club.

And chairman Freddy Shepherd - for all the criticism - could never be accused of not thinking big in the transfer marker.

The big signings have arrived on a regular basis, namely superstar captures like Shearer and Owen, but trophies have the same effect on Newcastle as kryptonite did on Superman.

Newcastle will only be a truly big club when they have a recent history to speak of and trophies to parade.

Big clubs win silverware on a much more regular basis than Newcastle.

Not every year maybe, but they tend to trouble the trophy room cleaners rather more than once every 40 years.

The fans will continue to turn up, as they invariably do.

But they can no longer rely on boasting about a history no-one can actually remember, the amount of supporters who turn out to greet new signings, or the year they threw the Premiership away because Kevin Keegan started pointing and shouting live on telly.

Newcastle United is currently a middle of the road club that has not won a trophy for 38 years. These are the facts.

And now questions will be asked about whether Roeder is the man who can actually ends this period in the wilderness.

On the evidence of what was little more than a surrender against Alkmaar, that is a question that needs to be pondered very seriously.

Some decent points about Glenda I reckon, the talk of being a 'big' club will no doubt get some people going.

Who wrote that, Sherlock Holmes?

Newcastle can chalk off another year without a trophy after their wretched, spineless Uefa Cup exit against AZ Alkmaar.

Glenn Roeder's desperately negative and naive game-plan was a cast-iron guarantee that it would be 38 years and counting since the distant black and white memories of the Inter Cities Fairs Cup win against Újpest Dózsa.

Newcastle supporters have not been short on suffering, and the alarm bells signalling another inevitable disappointment must have been ringing when Roeder proclaimed before the game that a goalless draw would do his side nicely.

And once the game started, their worst fears were confirmed. Roeder, with a two-goal cushion, sent Newcastle to their demise.

Roeder is only too keen to paint himself as a shrewd, street-smart tactician when Newcastle win, but he should have known Alkmaar, under the vastly superior coaching of Louis van Gaal, do not do goalless draws.

So timid Newcastle sat back and almost accepted their fate like frightened men, hoping to scrape a goal or somehow hang on against a side that looked full of goals and attacking intent.

Roeder shifted some of the blame on to the referee and a lot of the blame on to his defenders.

Strangely enough, not too much of the blame appeared to land at his door.

Sorry Glenn, this one rotted from the top down and you must take your share as well.

True enough, Newcastle were without Michael Owen, as they have been for virtually 15 months, but does one serious injury have such a debilitating effect?

Roeder talks of bringing in defenders, but he has had plenty of time to do that and this is a classic case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

And why was James Milner, a positive influence and arguably Newcastle's best player this season, left on the bench when Roeder surely knew a goal would pile almost insurmoutable pressure on Alkmaar?

Even Emre was thrown into the fray before him, a move that was hardly a raging success.

What would a warrior like Alan Shearer have made of Newcastle's pathetic approach in Holland, seemingly stripped of positive intent and cowering their way out of the cup?

Newcastle play in a big city with big support, but the question remains about whether they are a big club.

They have certainly acted like a big club.

And chairman Freddy Shepherd - for all the criticism - could never be accused of not thinking big in the transfer marker.

The big signings have arrived on a regular basis, namely superstar captures like Shearer and Owen, but trophies have the same effect on Newcastle as kryptonite did on Superman.

Newcastle will only be a truly big club when they have a recent history to speak of and trophies to parade.

Big clubs win silverware on a much more regular basis than Newcastle.

Not every year maybe, but they tend to trouble the trophy room cleaners rather more than once every 40 years.

The fans will continue to turn up, as they invariably do.

But they can no longer rely on boasting about a history no-one can actually remember, the amount of supporters who turn out to greet new signings, or the year they threw the Premiership away because Kevin Keegan started pointing and shouting live on telly.

Newcastle United is currently a middle of the road club that has not won a trophy for 38 years. These are the facts.

And now questions will be asked about whether Roeder is the man who can actually ends this period in the wilderness.

On the evidence of what was little more than a surrender against Alkmaar, that is a question that needs to be pondered very seriously.

Some decent points about Glenda I reckon, the talk of being a 'big' club will no doubt get some people going.

Who wrote that, Sherlock Holmes?

Everyone does realise that this article is on 606 and is therefore written by an angry fan, not a journo fella.

It's actually written by Phil McNulty, the chief football writer at BBC Sport.  And it's f****** spot on, every single word.

The big signings have arrived on a regular basis, namely superstar captures like Shearer and Owen

This is bollocks. Two such signings in ten years is "big signings arriving on a regular basis"?

i think he meant big money signings like Robert, Luque (eh? don't start), boumsong, viana,  marcelino, woodgate, duncan ferg, dyer etc

all above 5 million pounds

Well, if he meant all these other players, why did he specify by saying "namely superstar captures like Shearer and Owen"?

Guest magpies_rawk

The big signings have arrived on a regular basis, namely superstar captures like Shearer and Owen

This is bollocks. Two such signings in ten years is "big signings arriving on a regular basis"?

i think he meant big money signings like Robert, Luque (eh? don't start), boumsong, viana,  marcelino, woodgate, duncan ferg, dyer etc

all above 5 million pounds

Well, if he meant all these other players, why did he specify by saying "namely superstar captures like Shearer and Owen"?

Overstatement to prove his point i guess...thats journalism for u.

So do you lie when you deny being those or did you lie when you told me you were Leazes and Beermonster on other forums?

Which one is the lie?

You lie regularly. You avoid questions you can't answer. You are a kK bandwagon jumper and won't admit it.

I am NE5, and I haven't even heard of the name beermonster. Typical of you to make something up I suppose.

You lie regularly. You avoid questions you can't answer. You are a kK bandwagon jumper and won't admit it.

I am NE5, and I haven't even heard of the name beermonster. Typical of you to make something up I suppose.

Yawn

:cheesy:

Liar

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=31537.msg663601#msg663601

Liar

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.sport.football.clubs.newcastle-united/browse_thread/thread/445e753ab7b336c3/88446718caeb119f?lnk=st&q=beermonster+shepherd&rnum=1&hl=en#88446718caeb119f

Same patter, same lack of style and same use of "?"

You’re embarrassing.

All true in this article

At the moment we are mid table team with some very good players with the best fans in the world with one of the biggest stadiums in England with poor manager and even poorer and more stupid chairman

That is what newcastle united football club is

One more thing about our beloved chairman

They are right in the article when they say our chairman always brings and gives money to bring good,famous and star players

The only thing they didnt say is that he didnt bring the good,famous and star manager to manage this players

If Shepherd appointed some class manager after SBR was sacked i would still back him up and i will still wanted him to stay

But he f***** 2 times and he f***** big time so he needs to go like Glenda too

You don't seriously believe that do you? Thought it was just Sky that state that... really that's worse than all those that sing "we are the loyalist football supporters" and actually believe it.

Sub-30,000 attendance for a big 'last 16' UEFA Cup game kind of devalues that opinion.

Agree your point on Shepherd though, after such a 'right manager at the right time' choice in SBR he has seriously f%&ked up time after time ever since.

Yes i do believe that

every away game in the premiership we have around 4000-5000 fans supporting the team

I still remember the Champions league game against Inter at San Siro when there were 10 000 geordies

Thats only my personal opinion of course

Which one is the lie?

you are lying, again.

You will not find me anywhere claiming to be any of these posters. As I told you, I haven't even heard of beermonster.

NE5/LeazesMag/Beermonster! :lol:

""bleed the club dry"...rubbish.

The club is the 3rd most spending in the premiership, that shows ambition.

If you disagree with ambition or potential, remember going to Wrexham,

Southend, Oldham, Tranmere, notts County....now were are expecting/demanding

to play in europe as a minimum, and sacking the manager if we don't ???

And you say they are "bleeding the club dry"....yeah right."

"We could always sell our best players like we used to do, or not bother

buying England players ? "

"how long have you supported the club ?

Or do you think we have always shown ambition to be among the top clubs, and

how many other clubs show the same ambition we do ....

"

"you've only supported the club since keegan haven't you ? " :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yawn

:cheesy:

Liar

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=31537.msg663601#msg663601

Liar

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.sport.football.clubs.newcastle-united/browse_thread/thread/445e753ab7b336c3/88446718caeb119f?lnk=st&q=beermonster+shepherd&rnum=1&hl=en#88446718caeb119f

Same patter, same lack of style and same use of "?"

You’re embarrassing.

hoho....you spend some time trying to prove me wrong. Shame you can't. You're obsessed.

Its not me though, and I can't see what the link to NO shows, other than the fact you're an idiot, and have linked to nothing.

"

Are you as desperate as thickmick to prove me wrong, and just as obsessed ?

mackems.gif

hoho....you spend some time trying to prove me wrong. Shame you can't. You're obsessed.

Its not me though, and I can't see what the link to NO shows, other than the fact you're an idiot, and have linked to nothing.

OK.

Anyway, this'll not apply to you but just in case you happen to know who it is, they might want to update this one as it doesn't have the url for your blog, not that it's you mind.  Oh, it wouldn't be you, this person pretends to be somebody else as you'll see further down, I think he was replying to himself while pretending to be somebody else. bluelaugh.gif

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.sport.football.clubs.newcastle-united/browse_thread/thread/1258f93adef16efc/43b92c50a6e59ff8?lnk=st&q=&rnum=4&hl=en#43b92c50a6e59ff8

Youre talking the article too literally for your own convenience. Hes referring to us losing the title because Keegan lost the psychological battle with Fergie, something which plenty of sports writers, those within the game, and fans, all with far more knowledge and intellect than you, have always acknowledged as a major factor for our failure and the way we crumbled when it mattered. Keegan couldnt take the pressure, and that outburst on live TV personified his inability to handle that pressure. So making reference to that somehow in your eyes means we all should ignore his ENTIRE article? But then, you know all this, you know what youre doing, its just another attempt to defend Shepherd using any nitpicked arguement you can lay your hands on.

You honestly do come across as an utterly ignorant and blind Shepherd lover, using any excuse you can possibly find to write off anyone or anything that comes close to criticising the man you love. Theres a difference between genuinely thinking this board is a good one despite its mistakes, and refusing to acknowledge ANY of its faults, which is just fanatical, and thats what you are. The question is, why? I know you love this board, but why defend it from every single criticism thrown at it, the vast majority of which are valid?

Anyway, I already know its a waste of time trying to talk to someone who is deaf, so what else in this "london scum's" article is there that means we should reject EVERYTHING hes written? Hasnt used punctuation correctly? Hasnt eaten at the same restaurants as you (assuming you ever have), so therefore his opinion isnt valid?

"

Are you as desperate as thickmick to prove me wrong, and just as obsessed ?

mackems.gif

Why would I want to prove you wrong?

You've admitted copy and pasting other people's opinions, posts and threads and passing them off as your own, your credibility is zero.