If Shepherd takes full control...

Guest Knightrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i actually think it's all idle speculation too...i just don't see a "win" in it for shepherd any more....

i'm sure until the souness fiasco he thought all was well and that he was doing a good job and the fans and city loved him for it - once it started to turn nasty under souness and as it has treatened to do with roeder at times i that changed and i think he'll ship himself out in the not too distant future

my rumours, if you will, of the game come from the national broadhseets and they all basically reported the same thing the last time we had some "shepherd out" stuff....that his wife was/is sick and he's starting to get sick of taking the flack for the halls (which he more or less came out and said himself)

well if he's sick of taking the flack for the halls i find it very unlikely that he'll put himself in the position to be the sole target for fan disgruntlement in what would have to be a long term venture

the other option is that he's thick-skinned enough yo believe he CAN turn the club around but just needs the hall monkey off his back, but i just don't see it....he'll sell but will guarantee himself a place within the club as a result and that'll suit him fine

Well, this is all very well but completely ignores what is definitely Shepherd's main motivation: Money.

The poll results are interesting, only 2 see it as a positive. :D

I wonder who the 2 posters are? God, this is tricky......which 2 people would possibly think that Shepherd taking over would be a good thing??? I sense a postcode and an acronym... :lol:

I wonder who the 2 posters are? God, this is tricky......which 2 people would possibly think that Shepherd taking over would be a good thing??? I sense a postcode and an acronym... :lol:

I would just like to clear one thing up before you go looking, I'm not one of them. :cheesy:

I would just like to clear one thing up before you go looking, I'm not one of them. :cheesy:

That'll certainly make my job easier... ;)

Who owns Greggs btw? Any idea?

that is total bullshit speculation

the offers were UNANIMOUSLY rejected by the board

SJH has 70% of the company, he's not likely to let Fred tell him which offers get put to the shareholders and which don't

the problem with this club is the amount of completely f****** ignorant fans we have

The Halls total shareholding - father and son - is about 45%. They don't even have a majority. On the question of bids, what happened was there was a long period of negotiation, but everyone failed to come to an agreement. That doesn't suggest that Polygon's or Belgravia's bids weren't tempting, to the Halls at least, because otherwise they'd have been rejected out of hand.

Shepherd then challenges Sir John Hall to stop trying to sell his shares to 'time-wasters', which is pretty insulting. SJH is a successful businessman and he's as well capable of spotting a timewaster as Shepherd. The directors of Liverpool, Villa and West Ham have seen this as a good time to sell, and I can't see that the Halls are any different. It's clear now that there's a division between the Halls, who want out, and Shepherd, who wants to stay.

It really looks like Shepherd is rejecting any bids simply because he wants to take over the club himself. He's a proven incompetent who's taken the club downwards since he took over, there's no sign that he'd be able to bring in any fresh investment, and it's not in the club's interests short-term or long-term.

To return to the question, I'd be pretty disgusted if it happened. Really disillusioned. I wouldn't stop being a supporter, but I think my interest would wane.

the premier league generates more and more money.. whatever happens (except relegation) the club will only get richer and Shepherd knows it..

....and then suddenly as if by magic the money............stops!!

Guest Invicta_Toon

the premier league generates more and more money.. whatever happens (except relegation) the club will only get richer and Shepherd knows it..

incorrect parkster

relegated slubs gets a parachute payment in the order of 10's of millions

the winner of the championship gets 1 million

incorrect parkster

relegated slubs gets a parachute payment in the order of 10's of millions

the winner of the championship gets 1 million

TV companies are overpaying and it is reliant on other factors like the adv they can draw to the marquee...Simply saying that TV money isn't something (at the current levels) that we should take for granted forever. The market has a habit of correcting itself.

How will Shepherd afford it??? He's rich but he's not that rich, and i think IF he could afford it he would've taken over already. I can't see it happening myself.

He can't afford it. He'd have to borrow. The club would then be lumbered with paying off the debt. That combined with his proven ineptitude in various areas would condemn us to mid-table mediocrity (at best) for a generation.

So, the same as now, then?

Basically, yeah, but with even less possibility of anything changing.

We obviously need to sign more players like your hero who scored 2 league goals in a season.

Your London scumbag journo that you dished the dirt on the club to, will be quite happy at todays result.

bobby seems to think freddy taking full control would be a good thing, claiming that dougie and the halls are the cancer.

and lets face it, he should know. In spite of people on this board thinking that THEY do  mackems.gif

Guest Knightrider

Bobby thought Viana was a great replacement for Speed, signed Bramble, thought we'd made a profit on Cort etc.

Even more interesting, is the fact it shows a lot of people to be fickle, but you know all about that don't you.

Also - for your info - I don't vote in these silly polls. Never have done.

Bobby thought Viana was a great replacement for Speed, signed Bramble, thought we'd made a profit on Cort etc.

True, but Baggio - for one - seems to think he's completely sane.

Guest Knightrider

True, but Baggio - for one - seems to think he's completely sane.

Oh, I don't want to get involved in that debate, for the record I don't think SBR is senile, I was just messing basically with my comments above. I would rather have FS than DH too, but that's like asking which ball do you want cut off, the right or the left.

and lets face it, he should know. In spite of people on this board thinking that THEY do  mackems.gif

I thought you said Bobby was losing his marbles when he wrote his book?

Bobby knows more about who is the cause of our problems yet he's wrong about getting undermined by the chairman because he's losing his marbles at an earlier date. bluelaugh.gif

Even more interesting, is the fact it shows a lot of people to be fickle, but you know all about that don't you.

Also - for your info - I don't vote in these silly polls. Never have done.

Fickle, define the word.

This issue, more than anything needs to be sorted out as soon as possible. Especially given the run of recent results. The club has no clear leadership at the top and no clear strategic direction. No one knows if there is going to be more investment or a complete change in ownership.

Fred's comments about 'taking the flak' was not an insinuation he doesnt want to take control. In fact i dont think that the failure of the possible take-overs were to do with the debt, i think that Fred either demanded too high a price for his shares or wanted a continued role in the club. He clearly wants to take full control.

If he does, then it would mean that the imbecile Douglas Hall would have nothing more to do with the club. 

This issue, more than anything needs to be sorted out as soon as possible. Especially given the run of recent results. The club has no clear leadership at the top and no clear strategic direction. No one knows if there is going to be more investment or a complete change in ownership.

Fred's comments about 'taking the flak' was not an insinuation he doesnt want to take control. In fact i dont think that the failure of the possible take-overs were to do with the debt, i think that Fred either demanded too high a price for his shares or wanted a continued role in the club. He clearly wants to take full control.

If he does, then it would mean that the imbecile Douglas Hall would have nothing more to do with the club. 

Ah sense, how I love you.

Guest Knightrider

This issue, more than anything needs to be sorted out as soon as possible. Especially given the run of recent results. The club has no clear leadership at the top and no clear strategic direction.

Been like that pretty much since the club's leadership changed hands after the IPO, so no real change there then.

Get a room. :razz:

You cheeky goat.

Chez was spot-on about the issue needing resolving, though, hence why I'm one of 3 people to vote for a certain option in the poll (I was the first, you know?). The club is like a big rudderless tanker at the minute, at least with Shepherd in complete control we'll have some kind of identity. I genuinely think we'll be better off for it, as well, as the bloke isn't daft enough to take 100% control and then not back his investment, is he?

I honestly don't believe that he'll see us relegated. Really.

What the feck are our other options, exactly!?