fergie's rant

lovejoy

ALEX FERGUSON launched a foul-mouthed attack on a TV reporter in a bust-up over Cristiano Ronaldo.

Manchester United's boss called Sky's Geoff Shreeves a 'f*****g bastard' and told him to 'f**k off'.

Ferguson was furious with Shreeves for questioning his Portuguese wing wizard about allegedly cheating for his controversial penalty winner against Middlesbrough in Monday's FA Cup clash.

The fiery Scot's off-camera rant was so loud a BBC interview with Boro chief Gareth Southgate had to be abandoned.

Shreeves grilled Ronaldo about his latest 'cheat' storm in the tunnel after the quarter-final replay.

Beeb reporter Ivan Gaskell then tried to record Southgate's verdict on the defeat for Match of the Day, only to have his work wind up on the cutting-room floor thanks to Ferguson.

Here is the full transcript of the blast at Shreeves from Fergie's renowned 'Hairdryer'.

SHREEVES: "I asked him . . . "

FERGUSON: "F*****g (inaudible) bastard."

S: "Don't talk to me like that."

F: "F**k off to you."

S: "Don't talk to me like that. Don't even think about it."

F: "Don't you think about it, you ****. F**k off. Right?"

S: "Listen, are you going to do the interview in a professional manner or not? Do you want to do it or not?"

F: "You f*****g be professional. You be professional. You're the one."

S: "I'm entitled to ask . . . . Cristiano gave the right answer."

F: "F*****g hell with your answers."

S: "Don't talk to me like that. Go away. If you want to behave civilly, fine. Don't talk to me like that."

F: "F**k off." (door slams).

Gaskell to Southgate: "I'm going to have to ask that question again, if that's all right."

Ferguson later announced he was 'disgusted' at Shreeves' 'disgraceful' TV interview with Ronaldo.

He said of Monday's spot-kick and Boro's anger: "It was a clear penalty. It's a shame. They are putting a stigma against the boy that he doesn't deserve."

Guest Gemmill

Good craic from Shreeves like.  "Don't talk to me like that."  How to wind up an already irate Scotsman. :lol:

Geoff Shreeves is a class act. Last week after we lost to Chelsea he was asking Pearce if he feared the sack, Pearce tried to fob him off with a jokey answer, Shreeves basically told him to STFU and answer it properly (Pearce was nearly in tears). And now this. Top marks for not being intimidated by that twat like so many others. :clap:

Shreeves is a legend IMO. Always liked him.

Its funny how he always tries to worm answers to potentially controversial questions from unsuspecting (or rather thick?) players after the match.

Bet this gets mentioned on Soccer AM this Saturday if they have a live link-up with him.

Ha Ha.

Both men at fault. Shreeves's questioning of Ronaldo overstepped the mark, and Ferguson was wrong to lose his rag like that.

At the end of the day though, I've got far more admiration for a guy who's really achieved something than for someone who's just a critic on the sidelines who follows the herd and decides to have a pop at an easy target.

Guest Gemmill

I didn't think Shreeves was out of order in what he said to Ronaldo at all.  And I thought Ronaldo handled it perfectly well.  It's Fergie that's attracted more attention to Ronaldo and himself by having his little strop than anything else.  If not for that we wouldn't even be talking about the lad.

Ronadlo is a cheating diving little twat, yeah there was contact but he knew what he wanted and Woody did it. As soon as he slid in Ronaldo was going to go down, contact or not he is a cheating twat, if my son fell over under that kind of cantact I would rant and rave at him for being a winp!!

Fergie is a complete knob, the whole Country knows Ronaldo is a cheat all Fergie does is look very silly when he tries to defend him..

Guest Gemmill

Ronadlo is a cheating diving little twat, yeah there was contact but he knew what he wanted and Woody did it. As soon as he slid in Ronaldo was going to go down, contact or not he is a cheating twat, if my son fell over under that kind of cantact I would rant and rave at him for being a winp!!

It was a blatant penalty ffs!

Ronaldo is a cheating greasy twat so he deserves to be questioned about diving, he does it enough!

He's got the talent not to do it but does it all the same, it's that Man u win at all costs bollox, scum twats!

Both men at fault. Shreeves's questioning of Ronaldo overstepped the mark, and Ferguson was wrong to lose his rag like that.

At the end of the day though, I've got far more admiration for a guy who's really achieved something than for someone who's just a critic on the sidelines who follows the herd and decides to have a pop at an easy target.

Why did Shreeves overstep the mark? Since when did any of the "herd" have the b******s to stand up to Fergie?

Ferguson is a truly great manager - probably one of the two or three best ever - but he can also be a complete f***** tit.

Ronadlo is a cheating diving little t***, yeah there was contact but he knew what he wanted and Woody did it. As soon as he slid in Ronaldo was going to go down, contact or not he is a cheating t***, if my son fell over under that kind of cantact I would rant and rave at him for being a winp!!

Nowhere in there do I say it was not a pen, Woody slid in touched him, PEN.

But fkn hell you know as well as everyone else does, it was the only thing Ronaldo wanted, looking to get a pen. Would have made no difference if Woddy had got his leg out of the way and not made contact, he still would have gone down.

Guest Gemmill

Ronadlo is a cheating diving little t***, yeah there was contact but he knew what he wanted and Woody did it. As soon as he slid in Ronaldo was going to go down, contact or not he is a cheating t***, if my son fell over under that kind of cantact I would rant and rave at him for being a winp!!

But fkn hell you know as well as everyone else does, it was the only thing Ronaldo wanted, looking to get a pen. Would have made no difference if Woddy had got his leg out of the way and not made contact, he still would have gone down.

So you're having a go at him for cheating because if he hadn't been fouled (which he was) then he would have cheated anyway?

So you're having a go at him for cheating because if he hadn't been fouled (which he was) then he would have cheated anyway?

I am having a go because I hate the slimey little cheating cunt,!!

Guest Gemmill

Best player in the Premiership by a mile tbh.  I hate the cheating stuff, but he's gone up in my estimation this season for the way he's come through all the World Cup shit.

I hated him way before the WC stuff, but I agree he is an awseome player but the cheating and constant whinging ruins what he could be.

He will try to gain an advantage no matterwhat  from, dives, play acting when tackled, if there is a chance of a player sent off he will do what he can to get the ref to show red.

arghhh I just hate him!!