England

Stevie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shearer...not much of a pundit is he  :idiot2:

"Wayne is not playing well and the England manager Steve McClaren is not getting the best out of him at the moment," he added.

"We are not seeing the same performances for England as we are for Manchester United but I still wouldn't doubt his quality.

In competitive England matches, no goals in 15. In the Champions League for Manure, no goals in 15. Both over the same time period (approx 2.5 years).

You should be doubting his quality Alan...cos that record is fkn abysmal. And some people dont think he's overrated cos he produces the occasional flash of magic against some ordinary sides. :idiot2:

I'm glad Lampard is out, he deserves it. The only problem being that is if it clicks tonight, it wont be becuase there is no Lampard, it'll be because "Its only Andorra" and McClaren (if he survives) will have him straight back in.

Guest eyeball_tickler

why do we need to play with a defensive midfielder against andorra?

he should drop Hargreaves for Dyer and show some attacking intentions.

Guest eyeball_tickler

Hargreaves was excellent against Andorra last time around and won't it be Dyer & Lennon on the wings anyway?

Hargreaves was excellent against Andorra last time around and won't it be Dyer & Lennon on the wings anyway?

i cant remember him doing anything worth mentioning simply because they didnt attack once. a manager desperate for a win at any costs cant be as defensive as he has been. its officially all or nothing tonight, there's no middle ground to be cautious.

Richards coming in aswell. God knows why he chose to play fucking Phil Neville over Richards.

Who are Chelsea gonna pay £20m for? Phil Neville or Micah Richards? :lol:

Not a huge fan of Downing, but might aswell play him there because Lennon was totally ineffective down the left, and was so in one of Spurs' recent games.

Scapegoat Ally? I dont think he's International class.

Theres plenty of others in that squad that aren't international class, its just always Downing that gets picked up on.

Well maybe that's because he's only popped into the frame now his former club manager is in charge. I'd play Barry ahead of Downing.

Sven always played him!

Barry isn't international class either imo

Guest TheOrder

Downings in the squad because he's left footed. Thats it.

Says more about the manager than anyone else.

Shearer...not much of a pundit is he  :idiot2:

"Wayne is not playing well and the England manager Steve McClaren is not getting the best out of him at the moment," he added.

"We are not seeing the same performances for England as we are for Manchester United but I still wouldn't doubt his quality.

In competitive England matches, no goals in 15. In the Champions League for Manure, no goals in 15. Both over the same time period (approx 2.5 years).

You should be doubting his quality Alan...cos that record is fkn abysmal. And some people dont think he's overrated cos he produces the occasional flash of magic against some ordinary sides. :idiot2:

I'm glad Lampard is out, he deserves it. The only problem being that is if it clicks tonight, it wont be becuase there is no Lampard, it'll be because "Its only Andorra" and McClaren (if he survives) will have him straight back in.

Rooney needs players all around him offering movement and options otherwise he just gets isolated, shown down the channels, or forced to take a shot from poor positions where he can be easily closed down. No coincidence that his best football at man utd is when he has ronaldo and giggs either side of him, with scholes supporting and saha ahead. Last time he played well for England he had Owen in front of him, Lampard AND Gerrard supporting him from midfield, as well as Beckham and Cole out wide, both of whom spent more time infield than on the flanks. we played quite narrow which suited us when we counter-attacked

I suppose this is why McLaren went for Lennon on the left and Gerrard on the right, so both could cut inside, but with no natural full-backs supporting them, Lennon and gerrard ended up going out wide and Johnson and Lampard were fairly useless. i can't see Downing improving the situation, it will just exacerbate our problems when it comes to keeping possession and getting players in and around the box.

Richards coming in aswell. God knows why he chose to play f****** Phil Neville over Richards.

Who are Chelsea gonna pay £20m for? Phil Neville or Micah Richards? :lol:

Not a huge fan of Downing, but might aswell play him there because Lennon was totally ineffective down the left, and was so in one of Spurs' recent games.

Didn't Richards pick up a knock or something though so they didn't start him?

Lampard is out because of a wrist injury?

Hahaha, what a load of shit.  Just come out and say he's been dropped, you cunt.

I'll bet he starts for Chelsea at the weekend.

they've said its broken and he has torn ligaments in it... bit of an over the top injury if its a simple dropping. I think "the flu" would've been more appropriate, or my personal favourite "picked up a virus".