Toon eye up 2 Benfica Stars

Skirge

Rocha sounded out Luisao to reform their Benfica partnership at Spurs.

Indication was that he wanted a) a CL team that b) played in Spain.

That's not saying that nothing could happen but not confident.

Not being funny but it seems EVERY player Newcastle are linked with have been "sounded out" by Spurs in some way.

In regards to Domi, I agree just a shame his head went!

What do you expect from someone who talks constantly from their arse?

Indeed

Guest eltsacwen

Nelson is crap. A younger version of Baba and Carr. We will be robbed if we buy him for £4 mill. If seemed to me that the Benfica-supporterst didn't like him too much when I saw Benfica - Leiria in Lisbon two week ago. He isn't the strongest. Ok pace. But lacked confidence..(maybe because the crowd where  against him).. His crossing was terrible. And I don't thing his defending is good enough for any Premiership-club. He will be nothing in a lesser team than Benfica. And 0 in a team like Newcastle with no clear style of football

Probably the best opinion on here since someone has actually seen him play.

After the game, I actually thought about how typical it would be if he ended up in Newcastle. And two weeks later he is linked to us.... :)

What kind of partnership would that be? One 5 a side game a week in training? Rocha is already 3rd choice at Spurs. I can't see him being keen on a Brazilian international coming to the club to push him further into obscurity

Sounds like utter garbage to me

how come you think you know everything that is going on the behind the scenes? if you really do, maybe it is cos no-one who works at WHL respects the spurs leadership and instead goes and blabs their innermost secrets to strangers on websites. obviously a very poorly run club.  ^-^

how come you think you know everything that is going on the behind the scenes? if you really do, maybe it is cos no-one who works at WHL respects the spurs leadership and instead goes and blabs their innermost secrets to strangers on websites. obviously a very poorly run club.  ^-^

His sister is a PA or something, most blatant case of tapping up though.

Hows that Rocha fella got on?

Agree with Nut btw, I always rated Domi as a full back.

Getting better and more confident after a shaky time at the Emirates.  Wouldn't surprise me to see him play the majority of the remaining Pemiership fixtures with Ledley/Gardner doing the Uefa matches.  King could be back soon but heard nothing positive on the situation long term, hence the need for another quality CB.

It seems we're linked with every player out there and it never comes to pass. These are just two of many players that we'll talk about until the day before the end of the next transfer window, when Roeder will sign a couple players we had never considered on loan.

Sorry about the pessimism, but I'll believe it when they're actually signed.

Interesting to see Kenny Shepherd quoted in the press. Probably something to this transfer speculation if he's involved with it. i seem to remember we were linked to Luisao about a year ago, with the insinuation being that Kenny Shepherd was behind the attempt to get him... anyone else remember this or am i making it up?

Jol, your as much use talking about Newcastle than Alan Hansen is talking about England, feck off.

Someone asked a question about Tottenham, genius. Don't understand what some people have against him. Interesting to hear things from a non-Toon fan on here.

Jol, your as much use talking about Newcastle than Alan Hansen is talking about England, feck off.

Someone asked a question about Tottenham, genius. Don't understand what some people have against him. Interesting to hear things from a non-Toon fan on here.

Agreed. And in the short time that I've been posting here, I've never seen Jol post anything that's been anti-Newcastle or disrespectful.

Guest NUFC4

seen both of these cats play.  luisao is a commanding center half that would drastically improve the gaps in our swiss cheese defence.  judging nelson on about 3 games he's small statured but quick, decent on the ball, and loves to get forward and into the attack.  i would take luisao at 4-5mill and nelson at 3mill as he is younger but more of a risk. 

Agreed. And in the short time that I've been posting here, I've never seen Jol post anything that's been anti-Newcastle or disrespectful.

Aye, his ITK stuff may not be to everybody's liking (myself included) but there isn't any doubt he knows his football whether it be Spurs or just the general understanding of the modern game.

Time to give the bloke a break.

Guest elbee909

After Marcelino, Viana and Luque, I don't think Newcastle United and players from the Iberian peninsula make a very good match.

Helps to have a coaching set-up that's a bit more cosmopolitan rather than a bunch of local muppets.

Am I really seeing people praising Domi here?!.. talk about rose tinted glasses.. Domi was an ok defender and good going forward but he was far to weak and casual to be a good Premiership defender. Remember the FA cup final?..