Bramble or Gooch

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Absoltuely no contest - Onyewu. Melan's post was a very good one - it was spot on. We've watched Bramble, for the past five years here 'develop' into nothing, and not fulfilled any potential that we may have had. He's not going to get any better - he's the same player now as what he was in 2002. s***. If he was going to improve, and turn in to this player that so many people claim is sublime, then he would have done it by now. He's going to be 26 next season, he's hardly a whippersnapper.

Gooch on the other hand, has a similar potential to Bramble, and he's a bit younger. He's come from other shores, and he hasn't been especially bad. He's been a bit ropey but then he's played with a different backline in every game, and he's never played in the Premiership beforehand.

No-brainer for me, but i know that Roeder will keep Bramble on. It's inevitable.

gooch for me.  not b/c of his age, or potential (everyone agrees they both have potential)  but b/c i think gooch is much more intelligent.  his positioning has been suspect as people have said, but i think that's down to him having the athletic ability to get away with a bit of sloppiness in an inferior league.  he's been burned and soon he'll have learned, he needs his physical AND mental abilities in the EPL.

Gooch no contest, he has the hunger and willingness to learn, and is yet to fully settle. Bramble has had chance after chance.

The only question marks over choosing gooch would be that when Bramble isnt effing up he can play exceptionally well, we are yet to see an 'outstanding performance' from the goochmeister. I think there is much more to work with though with gooch and for the nominal fee he would command id probably want him over Bramble.

They both seem like similar players right now, but Gooch has the potential to adapt to this league and become a much better player.  Bramble's had years to do that and still not managed it.

Thing is people defend Gooch with the "not had a regular back 4" or "Needs a leader to play with" when has Bramble ever had these things?

I'll tell ya what Bramble had:

Four or five fucking years to get his act together!

Thing is people defend Gooch with the "not had a regular back 4" or "Needs a leader to play with" when has Bramble ever had these things?

I'll tell ya what Bramble had:

Four or five fucking years to get his act together!

Doesn't mean the excuses given for Gooch are things he has had to put up with and Bramble hasn't. I agree with the settling into a new league thing but Bramble has had all the other things mentioned really.

Anyway given todays selection I think Roeder has made up his mind, both will go.

Anyway given todays selection I think Roeder has made up his mind, both will go.

By that logic Moore might stay...? Do I get to say "I told you so" if that's the case? ;)

Just thought I'd provide an update.. It seems everyone on this board except me is convinced Moore is going back to Australia - I'm equally convinced he is not coming back (even if he doesn't stay at NUFC)

From today's Courier Mail - media whore/Queensland coach Frank Farina's column:

...The recruiting drive continues, as do discussions with members of our playing squad.

I'm still in contact with Craig Moore about his plans for next season, but he's still a young man and is definitely good enough for a few more years overseas.

Hopefully one day we'll have him at the Roar, but whether it's next season remains unknown...

I'm of the opinion that Moore is hanging out for another contract with NUFC, and if that doesn't happen I reckon he's more likely to end up in one of the "retirement leagues" of the Middle East hoping for one last payday. Coming back home to Australia, contrary to what he may have said earlier in the season, is his last choice in my opinion...

After all, does anyone think Roeder will allow three centre halves to leave in the summer?

By that logic Moore might stay...? Do I get to say "I told you so" if that's the case? ;)

Just thought I'd provide an update.. It seems everyone on this board except me is convinced Moore is going back to Australia - I'm equally convinced he is not coming back (even if he doesn't stay at NUFC)

From today's Courier Mail - media whore/Queensland coach Frank Farina's column:

...The recruiting drive continues, as do discussions with members of our playing squad.

I'm still in contact with Craig Moore about his plans for next season, but he's still a young man and is definitely good enough for a few more years overseas.

Hopefully one day we'll have him at the Roar, but whether it's next season remains unknown...

I'm of the opinion that Moore is hanging out for another contract with NUFC, and if that doesn't happen I reckon he's more likely to end up in one of the "retirement leagues" of the Middle East hoping for one last payday. Coming back home to Australia, contrary to what he may have said earlier in the season, is his last choice in my opinion...

After all, does anyone think Roeder will allow three centre halves to leave in the summer?

Not really, just on my logic Roeder would rather play someone who is definitely off at the end of the season than the fella he has to have a look at and decide whether or not he is good enough to sign. Think Roeder has sign enough and his non selection is a clear sign unless he is carrying a knock. Think Bramble is definitely bye bye...

Not really, just on my logic Roeder would rather play someone who is definitely off at the end of the season than the fella he has to have a look at and decide whether or not he is good enough to sign. Think Roeder has sign enough and his non selection is a clear sign unless he is carrying a knock. Think Bramble is definitely bye bye...

So you would say that Moore, Bramble and Onyewu are all off at the end of the season? As depressing as it sounds, the thought of that scares me a little - can Roeder be trusted to bring in at least three adequate replacements? Plus the other signings necessary ie left back, right back, centre midfield, striker...?

So you would say that Moore, Bramble and Onyewu are all off at the end of the season? As depressing as it sounds, the thought of that scares me a little - can Roeder be trusted to bring in at least three adequate replacements? Plus the other signings necessary ie left back, right back, centre midfield, striker...?

Well they might not be but given the two (Gooch and Bramble) are supposed to be playing for contracts and a player who is definitely off at the end of the season has been selected before them doesn't look good for either.

Well they might not be but given the two (Gooch and Bramble) are supposed to be playing for contracts and a player who is definitely off at the end of the season has been selected before them doesn't look good for either.

See, I don't believe Moore is "definitely off" at all - I've had this beliefe for quite some time and recent developments re Bramble and Onyewu have strengthened this belief. But I guess our fearless leader will reveal all at the end of the season...

See, I don't believe Moore is "definitely off" at all - I've had this beliefe for quite some time and recent developments re Bramble and Onyewu have strengthened this belief. But I guess our fearless leader will reveal all at the end of the season...

I thought Moore had made his decision and given his injury record and age I can't see Roeder fighting too hard to convince him. I will be very surprised if he doesn't go.

Will have to say but Moore has said he wants to go back to Australia.

Well, Moore said he wanted to come home quite some time ago - and in the thread I posted in January ( http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=35358.0 ) the manager trying to sign him in Australia hinted very strongly that Moore was holding out for another contract.

And as I said re Bramble and Onyewu, if I was Moore I would feel I have every chance of staying another year - but I know this goes against popular opinion, thus why I ended my last post with "But I guess our fearless leader will reveal all at the end of the season..."

If he keeps Bramble, Roeder deserves everything he'll get.

To all the Bramble-defenders - he's shit. He's not premiership, he's fucking rubbish. His passing is rubbish, he's not as strong as he should be, he can't tackle consistently well enough, his positional sense is shite, and he's slow.

He's a fat useless wanker, and if he got crocked and finished his career, i'd not shed a fucking seconds worth of tears. Get shot of the cunt so he can't cost us any more games or money.

To all the Bramble-defenders - he's s***. He's not premiership, he's f****** rubbish. His passing is rubbish, he's not as strong as he should be, he can't tackle consistently well enough, his positional sense is s****, and he's slow.

He's a fat useless w******, and if he got crocked and finished his career, i'd not shed a f****** seconds worth of tears. Get shot of the c*** so he can't cost us any more games or money.

you call him fat? is there anyone on this board who wouldn't bet that he'd anihilate you in any sort of physical activity

To all the Bramble-defenders - he's s***. He's not premiership, he's f****** rubbish. His passing is rubbish, he's not as strong as he should be, he can't tackle consistently well enough, his positional sense is s****, and he's slow.

He's a fat useless w******, and if he got crocked and finished his career, i'd not shed a f****** seconds worth of tears. Get shot of the c*** so he can't cost us any more games or money.

you call him fat? is there anyone on this board who wouldn't bet that he'd anihilate you in any sort of physical activity

As a professional footballer, he's a heavy (fat) cunt.

Its nowt to do with ME, its to do with his incredible lack of ability as a footballer. He's a fat, rubbish, waste of space wanker.

As a professional footballer, he's a heavy (fat) c***.

Its nowt to do with ME, its to do with his incredible lack of ability as a footballer. He's a fat, rubbish, waste of space w******.

14 stone 4 seems about right for a 6'2" guy. I'm the same height and only a stone less, people call me slender.

No need for the personal insults. As a footballer say what you want about him.

Guest triggy99

i wouldnt call bramble fat. hes a meathead. wouldnt call him slow. wouldnt say he shouldnt be any stronger.