I especially felt sorry for...

Guest TheOrder

Guest Gemmill

funny isnt.... we have no choice but to support this rabble, yet people from ALL over the world, pick NUFC as their club, even though weve won jack, and will never win nowt!

Proper supporters, dont jump on the Manure/Arse/Chelski bandwagon.

Personally i remember in Helsinki in 2002 there were a good 50 Nufc fans at a sports bar every weekend to watch the game, about 40 Manure fans, 30 Arse, 20 Spurs, 10 B'burn...

Now the 50 NUFC fans still exist, but theres 70-100 chelski fans and a bar called 'Chelsea Pub'. Probably rename it to Man Utd Pub in the summer... O0

I'm from Korea. We've got a good bunch of 50+ fans who hang out at our own message board and meet up regularly to watch games.

Most of us have never even been to Newcastle, but for various reasons it's become our adopted club. (We've all got domestic clubs we support as well if you want to get picky about it)

A lot of us have been through all the highs and lows of recent years, but never once have I seen somebody suggest that they couldn't be bothered to support NUFC anymore.

Something about this club just brings out unreasonable devotion in people.

Personally, I'm sitting in my room right now waiting for the 6 hour coach back to London which will be followed by a 7 hour flight back to Boston (where I reside at the moment). I flew 6000 miles to see possibly the worst match ever, and yet I still plan to come back. No idea why.

Unlucky mate, that's canny shit.  I can barely be arsed to drive into town to watch the wankers at the minute, so that's some effort coming that far to watch this shower.

Guest Invicta_Toon

funny isnt.... we have no choice but to support this rabble, yet people from ALL over the world, pick NUFC as their club, even though weve won jack, and will never win nowt!

Personally i remember in Helsinki in 2002 there were a good 50 Nufc fans at a sports bar every weekend to watch the game, about 40 Manure fans, 30 Arse, 20 Spurs, 10 B'burn...

Now the 50 NUFC fans still exist, but theres 70-100 chelski fans and a bar called 'Chelsea Pub'. Probably rename it to Man Utd Pub in the summer... O0

I'm from Korea. We've got a good bunch of 50+ fans who hang out at our own message board and meet up regularly to watch games.

Most of us have never even been to Newcastle, but for various reasons it's become our adopted club. (We've all got domestic clubs we support as well if you want to get picky about it)

A lot of us have been through all the highs and lows of recent years, but never once have I seen somebody suggest that they couldn't be bothered to support NUFC anymore.

Personally, I'm sitting in my room right now waiting for the 6 hour coach back to London which will be followed by a 7 hour flight back to Boston (where I reside at the moment). I flew 6000 miles to see possibly the worst match ever, and yet I still plan to come back. No idea why.

can't have two clubs mate

c. Stevie

Guest alexharrisonnufc

c. Stevie

why not?? maybe you can't have two clubs but does it stop you from having a softspot for them?

c. Stevie

why not?? maybe you can't have two clubs but does it stop you from having a softspot for them?

Quite right sir. A lot of us I would guess look for other results around the leagues, other local teams, family teams, friends teams, teams you saw at European away games, teams you saw on holiday, teams from other continents, all sorts of odd associations to greater or lesser degrees.

I've been over to St. James' twice this year.

Fulham and Sheffield Utd.  :lol:

Hoping to make the Blackburn game as well, should be able to afford it. Suppose I could take up supporting Man U, it's all the rage over here.

I've been over to St. James' twice this year.

Fulham and Sheffield Utd.  :lol:

Hoping to make the Blackburn game as well, should be able to afford it. Suppose I could take up supporting Man U, it's all the rage over here.

You can ferkin stay away for Blackburn, Jonah.

I don't have a problem with people not from the natural catchment area of a club supporting them, not at all, so long as the club they choose doesn't happen to be largely successful. Bandwagon jumping is evil. I'd rather my kids turned out to be Birmingham City fans than Man United fans.

Example: kid in Devon decides to support Man City for some screwed up reason. Fine. Kid in Devon decides to support Man United. Not fine, not under any circumstances.

I'm adopting a Sopranos style "dead to me" facial expression whilst writing this.

I don't have a problem with people not from the natural catchment area of a club supporting them, not at all, so long as the club they choose doesn't happen to be largely successful. Bandwagon jumping is evil. I'd rather my kids turned out to be Birmingham City fans than Man United fans.

Example: kid in Devon decides to support Man City for some screwed up reason. Fine. Kid in Devon decides to support Man United. Not fine, not under any circumstances.

I'm adopting a Sopranos style "dead to me" facial expression whilst writing this.

Agreed.

c. Stevie

I don't agree with that. If we're not from Newcastle, I don't see why we can't cheer for clubs in other leagues as well. Newcastle United is my top team, but I'm going to be right into Toronto FC in the MLS this year, since they're in my neck of the woods. But, there's no sense in me not cheering for one of them, just because I cheer for the other. They're in different leagues and will never play each other.

Even with national teams, I of course cheer for Canada. But at the same time, Canada games never get televised on Canadian TV (go figure) and we've never been in the World Cup. So, I cheer for England also. Pretty much everyone in Canada does the same. During the World Cup, the different areas of Toronto are great for supporting other National sides. We have the English area, the Portugese area, the Brazilan, the Italian, etc.

Ivicta_Toon: I can tell you probably you have never lived outside Newcastle for more than few weeks...

The English Premier league, Spanish, Italian, and to lesser degrees the Dutch, German, Portugal and French leagues are watched by millions and millions around the world and followed closely...Millions of those supporters have local teams too who they support...It doesn't make sense to you because your local team is actually Newcastle itself and it doesn't make sense to support another team from the other major European teams because they can actually play Newcastle in the UEFA Cup or Champoins league (hehehehe yeah right while Roeder is the boss....)

I'm from Australia and I do support Melbourne VictoryFC (my heart still goes for NUFC though) and I do have a soft spot for AC Milan and enjoy watching Barcelona but I wouldn't call myself supporter of any of the latter teams (especially not Barcelona)

I'm from the states and I have no connection whatsoever to Newcastle.

When I got into football I knew I was going to have to pick a team to support in order to learn the ins and outs of the game. Dunno why it was Newcastle, but I knew it couldn't be one of the big clubs. I wanted it to mean something when the team I supported finally won some silverware. Imagine the look on my face when I realized the club I chose never wins anything.

Still, as bad as they are, I' m always going to consider myself a supporter.

Despite the results and effort on the field, I'm still planning to see them in person next year.

Whenever my friends make fun of me for Newcastle's lack of success, I always just tell them that people don't cheer for NUFC because we think they're going to win. I've always felt that it means something to be a fan of this club. It means that you love the game and you care about passion more than silverware. It bothers me more that there are players like Bramble on the pitch, who don't seem to care at all, than the fact that we're losing. We can lose every game, but as long as the fans and the players respect the sport and conduct themselves with pride and passion, I will proudly wear the black and white.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Ivicta_Toon: I can tell you probably you have never lived outside Newcastle for more than few weeks...

The English Premier league, Spanish, Italian, and to lesser degrees the Dutch, German, Portugal and French leagues are watched by millions and millions around the world and followed closely...Millions of those supporters have local teams too who they support...It doesn't make sense to you because your local team is actually Newcastle itself and it doesn't make sense to support another team from the other major European teams because they can actually play Newcastle in the UEFA Cup or Champoins league (hehehehe yeah right while Roeder is the boss....)

I'm from Australia and I do support Melbourne VictoryFC (my heart still goes for NUFC though) and I do have a soft spot for AC Milan and enjoy watching Barcelona but I wouldn't call myself supporter of any of the latter teams (especially not Barcelona)

:lol:

it isn't my view it was a pisstake at Stevie, who actually holds that view (hence the c. Stevie)

thanks for playing though