Respect to Niall Quinn

Paully

Guest Gemmill

Fucking hell, that is quality.  No doubts about Niall Quinn or his character though, so as brilliant a gesture as it is, it's no real surprise that he'd take the time out to look after the fans like that.

f****** hell, that is quality.  No doubts about Niall Quinn or his character though, so as brilliant a gesture as it is, it's no real surprise that he'd take the time out to look after the fans like that.

Exactly mate.

How do you think Mr Shepherd would react in that situation?!

Guest Gemmill

f****** hell, that is quality.  No doubts about Niall Quinn or his character though, so as brilliant a gesture as it is, it's no real surprise that he'd take the time out to look after the fans like that.

Exactly mate.

The only equivalent thing I can think of is when he did something for the handful of fans that went to one of our difficult-to-get-to European games (and I can't even remember what it was that he did).  The most damning thing is that I don't think it would even occur to him to do something like Quinn did.  I mean I literally don't think it would enter his mind that he has a responsibility to help the fans.  The best you could hope for is a PR friendly story on the website two days later - "Shepherd condemns flight operators".

Exactly mate.

The only equivalent thing I can think of is when he did something for the handful of fans that went to one of our difficult-to-get-to European games (and I can't even remember what it was that he did).  The most damning thing is that I don't think it would even occur to him to do something like Quinn did.  I mean I literally don't think it would enter his mind that he has a responsibility to help the fans.  The best you could hope for is a PR friendly story on the website two days later - "Shepherd condemns flight operators".

Absolutely spot on mate.

Exactly mate.

Wasn't it the Partizan away game and it wasn't the club but the Ambassador who helped out fans?

http://nufc.com/html/2003-08-13partizan-a.html

Fucking hell, that is quality.  No doubts about Niall Quinn or his character though, so as brilliant a gesture as it is, it's no real surprise that he'd take the time out to look after the fans like that.

Drink driving scum to be fair.

Guest Gemmill

Drink driving scum to be fair.

:lol:

Guest Knightrider

Quinn, leaving bias and piss taking aside, is a top bloke and they are lucky to have him on board, someone who not only knows the game, but also what they want and need, someone very ambitious. If they get their acts together, the mackems can become a force like, without a doubt.

Errr APRIL FOOL   mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Nope. Calmed a situation that could have got out of control, and made a fantastic gesture to 'his people' and others on the flight by all acounts. Great to see.

well done to him, personally i would have let the mackems stay there but y'know

It's probably better for everyone to have them safely back in their indigenous habitat and not making a nuisance of themselves to the public at large.

If this is true, which i gather it is, then no wonder there is a buzz around their gaff at the moment.

Well done Quinn, showing those in bigger clubs with years on him how its done.

:clap:

Exactly mate.

How did Shepherd react when supporters where shit on by Ryanair in Norway?

Not a fucking peep while NUFC.COM got on the case big style.