Flamini wants Arsenal move

Delima

Any competent left back would be better than what we have now, ditto right back by the end of the season.

So of course we'd have him, but he'd never come here, he's way above us.

I think you're overrating him tbh.  He's generally solid and dependable, but not exceptional.  Comolli has said Flamini hasn't developed as expected, so maybe a change of scenery would be best for him.

Have you seen us?? He's going to want Champions League or thereabouts, not near-relegation candidates.

I reckon that's bravado. He's at a club that plays in the Champs League every year, but can't get in. I wouldn't be too surprised if he settled for us, given the wages we pay, if he got paid a fair chunk and played week in week out - which he probably would.

Any competent left back would be better than what we have now, ditto right back by the end of the season.

I think you're overrating him tbh.  He's generally solid and dependable, but not exceptional.  Comolli has said Flamini hasn't developed as expected, so maybe a change of scenery would be best for him.

Have you seen us?? He's going to want Champions League or thereabouts, not near-relegation candidates.

I reckon that's bravado. He's at a club that plays in the Champs League every year, but can't get in. I wouldn't be too surprised if he settled for us, given the wages we pay, if he got paid a fair chunk and played week in week out - which he probably would.

I'd be amazed, personally. Although i don't think he'll be this years Rooney/Ronaldo/Rivaldo season ticket-selling lie. I think Fatty might have this season off from that particular routine, and rely on our awe and worship of the £300m white elephant - i mean expansion/redevelopment plan - to boost flagging interest in NUFC.

I'd be amazed, personally. Although i don't think he'll be this years Rooney/Ronaldo/Rivaldo season ticket-selling lie. I think Fatty might have this season off from that particular routine, and rely on our awe and worship of the £300m white elephant - i mean expansion/redevelopment plan - to boost flagging interest in NUFC.

I wouldn't. Owen probably wanted Champs League footy, but money spoke. Same with Martins. Same with Duff, etc., etc. Fact is, money is pretty much the most important factor in football these days. Ask Lucas Neill or Ashley Cole.

Can't see any massive clubs going in for him because he's not a top class player. He's just a player who has done a decent job at Premiership level, a utlity player who played well in that Champions League run. I think we could get him here, players looking for regular football nearly always take a step down.

He is a dependable player and is probably the type of player Newcastle need right now. He's a hard worker who can play a bit and his versatility could prove vital to a team of crocks like ourselves. Unlike other players we've taken from the top four this one is young and has most of his career ahead of him. For nowt he'd be an excellent bit of business.

he may want CL, but if he goes to another team in the CL, then he will end up in the same situation as now. As someone said - it's bravado, and fair do's to him, can't blame him for saying it, cos it'd be daft to down talk his ambitions!

Despite the fact that Arsenal have a dissapointing two seasons by their expectations, he's not able to crack the lineup, I can't see him suddenly going to another club who are in the CL and plying week in week out, he just isn't that good. 

Guest teepee

Can't see any massive clubs going in for him because he's not a top class player. He's just a player who has done a decent job at Premiership level, a utlity player who played well in that Champions League run. I think we could get him here, players looking for regular football nearly always take a step down.

He is a dependable player and is probably the type of player Newcastle need right now. He's a hard worker who can play a bit and his versatility could prove vital to a team of crocks like ourselves. Unlike other players we've taken from the top four this one is young and has most of his career ahead of him. For nowt he'd be an excellent bit of business.

what he said!

Another defensive midfielder? Great.

Flamini hasn't developed in the past couple of seasons and his lack of technical ability has really shown up at Arsenal this season playing alongisde the likes of Fabrigas, Hleb and Rosicky.

Arsenal fans don't see any future for him as simply don't think he is good enough.

Guest smoggeordie

Flamini hasn't developed in the past couple of seasons and his lack of technical ability has really shown up at Arsenal this season playing alongisde the likes of Fabrigas, Hleb and Rosicky.

Arsenal fans don't see any future for him as simply don't think he is good enough.

IIRC he was the best player of theirs in the CL last season, playing at LB.

IIRC he was the best player of theirs in the CL last season, playing at LB.

He did well filling in at left back for a few games, but he is no long term left back. He wouldn't join any club if he thought he was going to be playing in defense, he will want to be playing in midfield.

He's an average player that needs to join a mid table club or go to an inferior league like France or Holland if he wants to play regularly.

Most of you are overestimating how good he actually is.

but I thought Wenger was a genius? HE surely can't have bought a duffer?

Will more than likely get rid for what he paid and got plenty of service out of him. Value for money imo.

Guest Knightrider

Agreed, would be a more than decent addition to Newcastle United, however I couldn't see him thinking the same myself. You never know though.

He's an average player that needs to join a mid table club or go to an inferior league like France or Holland if he wants to play regularly.

Most of you are overestimating how good he actually is.

agree. he's very similar to Parker imo, with slightly better skill and movement, but with worse physical attributes.

He wants to reach a new level?? He certainly would with us, just not in a good way.

Wouldn't touch us with a shitty stick.

I agree with monkey.................(for the first time ever)

As I said, Wenger is now prepared to let him go: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/6532919.stm

Would be a decent acquisition for the right price, and can't see Wenger asking for much more than £1.5m. If either Parker or Butt were to leave he would be a good purchase imo. If they both stay, however, I can't see him getting picked ahead of them - even if he should be.

Would also do a decent job for us a full-back when required.

If I had to choose between a reject from either Chelsea, Manyoo, Arsenal or Liverpool, I'd probably take the Arsenal player due to the style of play Arsenal youngsters are taught to play.