Managers you'd realistically like us to go for

Guest Albert Ayler

I'm truly happy with Roeder.

His only problem is the majority of Newcastle fans are living in cuckoo land at the moment. They think that after the Souness fiasco we should just be able to go back to being a top 6 team.

Sure we probobly could have squeezed out a couple more pionts this season but overall he is rebuilding the team well. He's got our striking and midfield departments sorted relatively well and the only thing that needs to be overhauled is the defence, which can be done this summer.

The midfield is as bad as the defence.

"His only problem is the majority of Newcastle fans are living in cuckoo land at the moment. They think that after the Souness fiasco we should just be able to go back to being a top 6 team."

So losing to Fulham, SU, Birmingham, Man City all at home is acceptable?

Against Fulham we went to pieces after Parker went off, what can Roeder do about that? Sheffield United was played less than 48 hours after the Palermo game.

As for the other two you are always gonna have bad games over the course of a season.

1-5 against Birmingham is more than just a "bad game" :lol:

I'm truly happy with Roeder.

His only problem is the majority of Newcastle fans are living in cuckoo land at the moment. They think that after the Souness fiasco we should just be able to go back to being a top 6 team.

Sure we probobly could have squeezed out a couple more pionts this season but overall he is rebuilding the team well. He's got our striking and midfield departments sorted relatively well and the only thing that needs to be overhauled is the defence, which can be done this summer.

The midfield is as bad as the defence.

"His only problem is the majority of Newcastle fans are living in cuckoo land at the moment. They think that after the Souness fiasco we should just be able to go back to being a top 6 team."

So losing to Fulham, SU, Birmingham, Man City all at home is acceptable?

Against Fulham we went to pieces after Parker went off, what can Roeder do about that? Sheffield United was played less than 48 hours after the Palermo game.

As for the other two you are always gonna have bad games over the course of a season.

Tbh we have rode our luck for quite a few wins. Villa,Watford,Liverpool even Wigan.

Im not so worried about us going down this season but im terrified about next season if Roeder is still in charge.

Spurs were ALL over us in the Martins wonder goal game aswell.

Stozo, yes you will have bad games over a season. Unfortuantely we have had a hell of a lot of bad games. Going to AZ with the mindset that we don't need to score was suicide especially with their ability to score goals and their home record!

Only Juande Ramos i'd find it realistic and suit us perfectly. Ramos has showed in many interviewed he loved to get into EPL. One heard his last interviewed... he doesn't think CL club is priority for him. He told he just loved the atmosphere of English football.

He's got our striking and midfield departments sorted relatively well

As our last 5 games show, he hasn't got out striking department sorted.

Take Drogba and Shevchenko away from Chelsea and I don't think they would be scoring that many either. We have spent nearly the whole season without Owen and Amoebi and I'm just amazed it's taken us this long to hit a dry patch. With Owen and Shola back we will have a very solid set of strikers for next season.

I held this opinion 'til recently, but the charlton and city performances were such disgraces.  There was no desire and they were idealess.  Surely this is down to a tactically inept manager.

He's got our striking and midfield departments sorted relatively well

As our last 5 games show, he hasn't got out striking department sorted.

Take Drogba and Shevchenko away from Chelsea and I don't think they would be scoring that many either. We have spent nearly the whole season without Owen and Amoebi and I'm just amazed it's taken us this long to hit a dry patch. With Owen and Shola back we will have a very solid set of strikers for next season.

I heald this opinion 'til recently, but the charlton and city performances were such disgraces.  There was no desire and they were idealess.  Surely this is down to a tactically inept manager.

Exactly. Fair enough if we were getting in front of goal and were not able to convert then this opinion would certainly be correct, but we haven't been doing that and neither of those strikers (Owen & Ameobi) create their own goals, they need it made for them, Owen less so if its played nicely infront of him, but Ameobi needs chances bang infront of goal to convert, sure we'd have more goals if they were fit, but not as many as we should with the star studded mid we've got.

Personally I think Roeder deserves another season. Still, if he were to go

* Klinsmann has done great things with the German national side, but has never managed at club level, so a bit of a risk

* Ranieri did a good job at Chelsea, worth a look I'd say

* Strachan, if he's prepared to leave Celtic

* Allardyce has got the CV, but I can't stand him

I've got the horrible feeling that if Roeder did go we'd get a big name manager in easily. Step forward Mr Sven Goran Eriksson...

Because as usual with Newcastle fans people remember things being better than they were. SBR was a fantastic boss but was on his way down when we got rid. Should have let him go in the summer not 4 games in though.

Guest redmayne

i'd take allardyce to sort out the backroom and training

other than that any top level manager - hell even Sven

we also need to attract quality players especially now the london clubs pretty much take who they want due to their location

we can't compete with roeder in charge....