Sell Dyer?

Guest Alan Shearer 9
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Definitely don't sell him, there's no point.

Erm: get someoen better in/not actually that good/very high wages?

We wouldn't get enough money because of his injury record and his wages are pittance when compared to the total.  Plus, you clearly hate him.  I don't and think he's fantastic when on form and in his correct position.  Imo he was a major factor in our initial turnaround.  Starting with the Arsenal game.

He's gone off the boil a bit in the last few weeks, but I think people are judging him in comparison with his previous performances when he came back from injury, when he was inspirational. He's still one of the players that can make things happen for us, and I'd definitely hang on to him.

I always ask this question and never get an answer.  Where is the actual propf that Dyer gets paid £80,000 a week?  Because until I see some good sources for this I'm going to keep assuming its nothing but exagerated paper talk.

How much do you think he's on?

£50,000 to £60,000 would have been my guess.

Guest KeithKettleborough

If anybody would pay decent money for him then get rid of him. All he has to offer is a bit of pace as his first touch, ability to shoot, score goals, head a ball or pass is woeful. The real Dyer was shown in the recent England game when he fluffed a couple of chances and he will never be the force he reckons he is.

Once his pace goes he will be finished as he has few other qualities to offer. Certainly not much of a football brain there to utilise when the legs are gone and with his injury record that may not be long coming.

We should have cashed in a few seasons ago when the rumoured big money was being bandied about but perhaps it was just mischief as surely other managers will realise how much of a waster he is.

Unfortunately as has been pointed out in this thread, he won't be off and we will be stuck with him until he goes on a free probably when he decides. Til then no doubt we will be subjected to more infuriating performances and the possibility of a testimonial match sometime in the future. I am sure it will go towards some Kieron Dyer Academy down in Ipswich and will be supported by many fans who have criticised him in the past.

I always ask this question and never get an answer.  Where is the actual propf that Dyer gets paid £80,000 a week?  Because until I see some good sources for this I'm going to keep assuming its nothing but exagerated paper talk.

Double what he's worth, i reckon.

He contributes very little, other than running around fairly fast and then losing the ball. Which seems to be enough to fool some people into believing that he's top class. :lol:

Double what he's worth, i reckon.

He contributes very little, other than running around fairly fast and then losing the ball. Which seems to be enough to fool some people into believing that he's top class. :lol:

He speaketh the truth.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I say no.I think he is still an important player for us and it would stupid to sell him.

have a scan through the thread

I do believe you are the only person saying don't get rid of him

no wonder you have that portugese twat as your avatar

isn't 80k/w one of those things everyone just accepts as true because it's repeated so often?  Is there any source other than journalists "understanding his wages are on or about" ?

Yes, as far as i'm aware, Dyer is on £60k, and Owen on £80k, but the media/fans always add an extra £20k to both.

How are you more aware? Got secret access to the clubs books?

I missed this cracker yesterday, thought it was worthy or being highlighted again.

"But ask any opposition Premiership manager who they'd least like to see on the ball just past halfway, with wingers to his right and left, and strikers in front of him, they'd say Dyer each time." :lol: :lol:

Why does he not play for one of the big teams then? Erm, because he's shite.

Guest Gemmill

Keep him.  There are literally dozens of players in our squad that I'd get rid of ahead of Dyer.  I'm not saying he's a world-beater, but if we're prioritising players we should get shot of, Dyer comes way down the list.  Anyone that doesn't see that he's one of our more important players when fit is a *pulls spacka face*.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Keep him.  There are literally dozens of players in our squad that I'd get rid of ahead of Dyer.  I'm not saying he's a world-beater, but if we're prioritising players we should get shot of, Dyer comes way down the list.  Anyone that doesn't see that he's one of our more important players when fit is a *pulls spacka face*.

aye he's been top draw value for money

if we get rid of the useless cunt we might actually be able to fund improvements to the postitions we really need to change

we don't even need to replace him, he's proven he can't be a striker, and there's no midfield place for him in most matches

How rude.

The fact that Dyer is one of our best players says more about how crap we are as opposed to how good Dyer is.

Guest Gemmill

aye he's been top draw value for money

if we get rid of the useless cunt we might actually be able to fund improvements to the postitions we really need to change

we don't even need to replace him, he's proven he can't be a striker, and there's no midfield place for him in most matches

*pulls spacka face*

Guest Gemmill

How rude.

The fact that Dyer is one of our best players says more about how crap we are as opposed to how good Dyer is.

It also logically says sell the shitter players first though, surely?  Or should we start this restructuring by disposing of our better players and retaining the crap? :razz:

How rude.

It also logically says sell the shitter players first though, surely?  Or should we start this restructuring by disposing of our better players and retaining the crap? :razz:

Get rid of very mediocre players and replace them with others who, at a lower cost, will provide a greater return. Its not too difficult, even for Roeder, surely?

How rude.

Obviously the likes of Bramble, Carr and Babayaro need to be shipped out first, but Mr Dyer would be quick on their heels out the door if I was in charge. :razz: