Tonights CL games

tmonkey

you're English. Man Utd, Chelsea, Wigan, Blackburn etc etc are English. It's not exactly hard to comprehend even if you don't support them yourself.

No, i don't comprehend it. I spend every weekend hoping they lose. Why the fuck would i suddenly want them to become more successful?

People here hate those clubs mainly because of their fans,but trust me after you meet fans from italian or spanish teams,you will do what i do,support English team playing in CL as if they were Newcastle..

How f****** patronising. Sorry, didn't realise only YOU have ever met any fans of italian or spanish teams. Damn the rest of us, and our insular little lives.

I would never, ever, support another PL club in the CL*, just the same as i wouldn't support Germany if England weren't in the world cup. What have Chelsea or Man Utd got to do with us, as Newcastle fans, when they are playing in the CL? f*** all.

* Unless they were playing Liverpool, naturally.

For I hate any Spanish/Italian  as much as i hate Sunderland here,And because i am (not) from Newcastle,i don't hold anything against any other PL team,but i do hold alot against those team mainly because of their fans..

People here hate those clubs mainly because of their fans,but trust me after you meet fans from italian or spanish teams,you will do what i do,support English team playing in CL as if they were Newcastle..

How f****** patronising. Sorry, didn't realise only YOU have ever met any fans of italian or spanish teams. Damn the rest of us, and our insular little lives.

I would never, ever, support another PL club in the CL*, just the same as i wouldn't support Germany if England weren't in the world cup. What have Chelsea or Man Utd got to do with us, as Newcastle fans, when they are playing in the CL? f*** all.

* Unless they were playing Liverpool, naturally.

For I hate any Spanish/Italian  as much as i hate Sunderland here,And because i am (not) from Newcastle,i don't hold anything against any other PL team,but i do hold alot against those team mainly because of their fans..

I've met plenty of Italian and Spanish teams fans. Doesn't make me support Man Utd!! :lol:

you're English. Man Utd, Chelsea, Wigan, Blackburn etc etc are English. It's not exactly hard to comprehend even if you don't support them yourself.

No, i don't comprehend it. I spend every weekend hoping they lose. Why the fuck would i suddenly want them to become more successful?

I can understand it, but I agree with the bit in bold.

i think you're pretending not to comprehend it, simply cos you don't agree with that line of thinking. this happens every champion's league week, people suddenly get a bout of brain disease and pretend they can't understand something that is perfectly understandable.

btw i do generally support english clubs in europe, but i can understand why another english person wouldn't.

I'd always want an English team to win over a foreign one, I can't understand why you wouldn't to be fair....

What link do i have to them? The same league? So what, they aren't playing in or representing that league, so its irrelevant.

I don't support Germany on the world cup because they are European. I don't support Torquay in their league because they are English.

They have fuck all to do with the 2 teams i support  NEwcastle and England. I don't support any other teams, because to do so woudl be - in my opinion - odd. I don't "support" a spanish team and/or an italian team as well as Newcastle - they have fuck all to do with me/where i'm from.

i think you're pretending not to comprehend it, simply cos you don't agree with that line of thinking. this happens every champion's league week, people suddenly get a bout of brain disease and pretend they can't understand something that is perfectly understandable.

btw i do generally support english clubs in europe, but i can understand why another english person wouldn't.

No, no, you misunderstand. I know WHY some fans say they do this, i just don't comprehend the whole thing - it makes absolutely no sense to me.

To extend it further: i know why some people do heroin, but i can't comprehend it.

Personally i support whichever team i actually want to win, wether they're English or not doesn't automatically make my decision. Tonight, for example, i wanted Valencia to beat Chelsea, and Man Utd to beat Roma.

No, no, you misunderstand. I know WHY some fans say they do this, i just don't comprehend the whole thing - it makes absolutely no sense to me.

To extend it further: i know why some people do heroin, but i can't comprehend it.

fair enough.

I'm pretty sure that heroin anaology is flawed like!

Really? I don't.

I know why some people drink-drive. Can't comprehend it. I know why some people choose to live in a caravan. Fucking can't comprehend it. Not everyone can totally understand everyone elses choices.

Doesn't seem so outlandish to me.

Really? I don't.

I know why some people drink-drive. Can't comprehend it. I know why some people choose to live in a caravan. Fucking can't comprehend it. Not everyone can totally understand everyone elses choices.

One is a simple decision: I think I'll support Man Utd against Roma, the other (heroin) is most likely a complicated issue based on previous drug use, friends, where you grew up, ease of availability, etc. I don't think you'll find many people who suddenly go 'Oh, I think I'll become a crack addict this year'.

Really? I don't.

One is a simple decision: I think I'll support Man Utd against Roma, the other (heroin) is most likely a complicated issue based on previous drug use, friends, where you grew up, ease of availability, etc. I don't think you'll find many people who suddenly go 'Oh, I think I'll become a crack addict this year'.

Drink driving, then, or choosing to live in a caravan, or wearing bright yellow. It doesn't fucking matter which analogy you personnally like, it still stands.

Really? I don't.

Drink driving, then, or choosing to live in a caravan, or wearing bright yellow. It doesn't fucking matter which analogy you personnally like, it still stands.

I know what you're saying. I can't quite get my head around it either.