Portsmouth 2-1 Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Another loss, nothing less than we deserved.

Start Carroll up front with Oba in next match.

Good call.

Not going to happen if it's up to Roeder! Same as with Edgar...youngster impressed pretty much everyone so is there a reason to play him anymore? Nah...let's just drop him back to reserves

Guest smoggeordie

Im just waiting to hear what Roeder has to say!!! I cant wait to hear his excuses and hear him blaming everyone accept himself

Glenn Roeder doesn't blame injuries. However, Glenn Roeder didn't have Scott Parker, Michael Owen, Shola Ameobi, Kieron dyer etc etc blah blah blah

Guest Glenn Roeder

We can have no excuses for this defeat, we had virtually a fully fit squad and we were a shambles in the first half.  The second half was a bit better but in reality it couldn't get any worse.

I wonder what or who gets the blame for this? 

Failure is threaded into the badge.

To be fair we have had injuries this season.

I can't fault the players reaction.

The crowd need to realise they are not helping.

Shola wasn't playing.

Some of the lads I used to coach play for Chelsea. Glenn Roeder fears nothing. Glenn Roeder has the pedigree to turn this club around.

Well,Just a look at how we start the game was enough for me to know we are going to lose it

Really Poor first half,Martins doing nothing playing all alone,N'zogbia have trouble playing on the right side,Milner playing in a DMR postion,Duff is shit as usuall,and Pompy found no trouble at all breaking through our defence

Seconed half was better,but still we never looked dangerous,good play by Milner to win to penalty,and another assist in what have been a fantastic season for him,Duff with a funny injury,though watching it on TV it seems he is going to be out for the rest of the season,Good..

Players Rating:-

Harper,6 : Average,one or two good saves but shouldv done better with their first goal,he was beaten way too easily in the seconed,Fantastic strike by Taylor though..

Carr,7 :decent,seemed to be one of our better players today

Craig Moore,5:We should release him by next season,Injured himself again and it's clear he is past his best

Steven Taylor,6: In fault for the first goal,seems over confident of winning everything,wich caused him to give away many freekicks

Solano,7: Good,his experince is really helping him playing as our RB,some nice touchs and looked calm whenever with the ball

Butt 6,: rarley saw him today,was playing on his own in the first half wich didnt help him,looked better in the seconed half

N'Zogbia 5,:Really poor,how he turned from the fantastic player he was last season to this is beyond me

Duff 5,:As ever,another poor game from the Irishman,Injured himself in the seconed half and out for the rest of the season,hopefully

Milner,7: Won us the penalty,had a decent game

Emre 7,: tried hard all game,should calm down a bit but gave a good peformence today

Martins 6,: Poor game,and that was down to the fact that Roeder played him all alone in the seconed half

Subs:-

Gooch,6: Good game,better then the usuall

Carroll ,6, Tried hard,but with no real impact,we should play him more starting next season

Luque ,6: Nice pass to set up Martins,looked decent,shouldve been given more time..

Overall,it was our first half that caused us to lose the game,and that was down to Roeder's poor team selection,No europe next season,but we really should sack the basterd,its not fair that after such a poor season he still gets to stay for next season..

Guest smoggeordie

NSG bums Carroll on local radio second week in a row. Must be love

Carroll improved us today. Yes, or no?

Season was over already tbh.  Anyone who thought we were going to get europe is deluded.

Not at all, had we won today we'd be two points off European qualification with a much easier final four games then Portsmouth.  Our season is certainly over now though..

Guest BooBoo

I'm surprised how un-arsed i am about the result and performance today. Roll on the summer and a mass upheaval.

Guest Insane Psycho

look on the bright side lads

that being?

sorry .. "look on the bright side" was a leftover from last night copy & paste .. my reply was only lads .. as in lads(loads) of shit .. the game was

Guest craigy225

our season never started, been a crap season, know we had injuries but we a big club that should be in the top 6 at least,

cant wait till season is over, looking at our fixtures wheres are next win ? cause i cant see one the way we playing.

on todays game crap first half, better second half, heard martins could have got us a point late on.

roll on the excuses roeder

boo boo boo boo boo

look on the bright side lads

that being?

sorry .. "look on the bright side" was a leftover from last night copy & paste .. my reply was only lads .. as in lads(loads) of s*** .. the game was

no problemo, but i really was hoping you'd throw us a lifeline of hope! 

I'm surprised how un-arsed i am about the result and performance today. Roll on the summer and a mass upheaval.

I'm surprised that I still get pissed off that we're going nowhere.