Has anyone on here...

Guest smoggeordie

Just imagine the day when we actually do win something (other than the Intertoto). It'll be special in every sense of the word, it'll be amazing. It'd be so appreciated I can't fathom the scenes of celebration.

One day, one day...

edit; I stopped for 10-15 seconds after posting this and had a little look to the ceiling, and smiled. Thoughts involved scenes of blue skies, a black and white sea of happy people, jubilant, proud players. It will happen before I die, and I'm already excited about it.

Many, many times.

The worst time ever, and I worse than any lass, was when Everton put us out the FA Cup QF's in 1995.  I really took it to heart, I really felt we were going to win the Cup, and all season I pictured myself walking up Wembley Way.  I was only 17, and I'd been to the pub with me dad, and I was mortal really, but I was unconsolable.  I cried non stop for about 25 minutes, shaking, everything.  What made it worse was Ruel Fox missed a sitter in the last minute.

If it's any consolation going to Wembley with my dad to see us beat the mancs in the final is still one of my best ever days

Aye, well I'm not arsed about Everton, but that day I wanted Manchester United to win the Cup Final, you see what made it even worse was, if Man Utd had've won they'd have went in to CWC, therefore freeing up a UEFA Cup berth for the 6th placed toon. :(

Whatever happened to that c*** that hit the bar?  Joe Parkinson, aye that's him, sort of defensive midfielder.

The last time I cried over football was probably England v Germany at Euro 96.  I'm hardened to disappointment now, I expect the toon to f*** up, because they always do, so I'm never as disappointed these days.  Pisses you off when you think fans of sides like Chelsea and Man Utd don't appreciate the winning anywhere near as much as we would.

Parkinson got a terrible injury that he never recovered from about a year or so later and eventually retired in '99. It was a shame because he was a good little player and tough as nails. Was tipped for an England call up around the time he got injured.

The club gave him a cushy job for a couple of years but he's stopped doing that now. Him and his kid have a season ticket at Goodison

I've cried loads of times, off the top of my head - with England Euro '96, France '98, the two Portugal games and with Newcastle, after blowing the title, both cup finals, the Chelsea semi, Marseille and Lisbon. I might have after Partizan as well come to think of it.

I vividly remember sitting in the back porch in my Grandma's house late in 97-98 and crying because I genuinely thought we'd get relegated. I was sure it was after we'd blown a lead against Wimbledon but we drew 0-0 with them late that season, I've just looked. Can't work out which game it was now, might still have been that one I suppose.

Just imagine the day when we actually do win something (other than the Intertoto). It'll be special in every sense of the word, it'll be amazing. It'd be so appreciated I can't fathom the scenes of celebration.

One day, one day...

edit; I stopped for 10-15 seconds after posting this and had a little look to the ceiling, and smiled. Thoughts involved scenes of blue skies, a black and white sea of happy people, jubilant, proud players. It will happen before I die, and I'm already excited about it.

I always picture people hanging out of cars and tooting horns, people running naked across city centre streets.  It'll never happen though.

Many, many times.

The worst time ever, and I worse than any lass, was when Everton put us out the FA Cup QF's in 1995.  I really took it to heart, I really felt we were going to win the Cup, and all season I pictured myself walking up Wembley Way.  I was only 17, and I'd been to the pub with me dad, and I was mortal really, but I was unconsolable.  I cried non stop for about 25 minutes, shaking, everything.  What made it worse was Ruel Fox missed a sitter in the last minute.

If it's any consolation going to Wembley with my dad to see us beat the mancs in the final is still one of my best ever days

Aye, well I'm not arsed about Everton, but that day I wanted Manchester United to win the Cup Final, you see what made it even worse was, if Man Utd had've won they'd have went in to CWC, therefore freeing up a UEFA Cup berth for the 6th placed toon. :(

Whatever happened to that c*** that hit the bar?  Joe Parkinson, aye that's him, sort of defensive midfielder.

The last time I cried over football was probably England v Germany at Euro 96.  I'm hardened to disappointment now, I expect the toon to f*** up, because they always do, so I'm never as disappointed these days.  Pisses you off when you think fans of sides like Chelsea and Man Utd don't appreciate the winning anywhere near as much as we would.

Parkinson got a terrible injury that he never recovered from about a year or so later and eventually retired in '99. It was a shame because he was a good little player and tough as nails. Was tipped for an England call up around the time he got injured.

The club gave him a cushy job for a couple of years but he's stopped doing that now. Him and his kid have a season ticket at Goodison

O0

I remember him being a hard player like. 

Guest smoggeordie

If we won a cup and there was a parade, the city would virtually come to a standstill and just become one massive piss up for days on end.

One day, one day...

I always picture people hanging out of cars and tooting horns, people running naked across city centre streets.  It'll never happen though.

Don't know about that. I'm 20 years old, as long as I don't get involved in any accidents or develop cancer any time soon, hopefully I'll have a good few 50+ years left in me to experience us actually winning something. Admittedly we're a long way off winning anything at the moment but surely the club won't go so far backwards that we won't win anything in the next 30, 40, 50 years. Already gone decades without winning anything as it is.

Guest smoggeordie

One day, one day...

Don't know about that. I'm 20 years old, as long as I don't get involved in any accidents or develop cancer any time soon, hopefully I'll have a good few 50+ years left in me to experience us actually winning something. Admittedly we're a long way off winning anything at the moment but surely the club won't go so far backwards that we won't win anything in the next 30, 40, 50 years. Already gone decades without winning anything as it is.

Bet they said that when we won the Fairs Cup  ;)

One day, one day...

We won that bad boy almost 40 years ago, surely something has to come our way in the next decade or so. 50 years+ without a trophy for a club of our side, it's just ridiculous. Not saying we're likely to win anything of course, but 40 years is enough as it is.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

One day, one day...

without a trophy for a club of our side, it's just ridiculous.

We are rediculous atm; and we won't win anything without huge good fortune in the far future with the current set up. We have very few players who have an ability level to be playing at the club and a manager who is extremely limited. The chairman doesn't have a clue about football either which doesn't help.

Only other sporting occasion I've ever cried over was when Greg Norman blew up in the last round of the US Masters and lost it to Faldo.

Golf??  Surely Greg Norman is a relative or close friend? 

Last time I cried over football was after England went out of France '98.  Mostly tears of drunken frustration at wanting to punch that bastard Roa in the face.

Cried after losing to the Mancs in the FA Cup semis a couple of years back. Got all pumped up after Ameobi made it 3-1 and then when the horseface (iirc) made it 4-1, that was it, the tears came. I had genuinely hoped we would shock the world and make the final. There was just a feeling about that day, a feeling of pride that I felt before the game began. A feeling that we'd do something magical. Fuck me how wrong was I. Haven't been close to tears since and now, I barely flinch when we lose (especially this season). It's just apathy that I feel about the club atm. But like melanchronic said, one day, one day..

Only time I remember was at the end of the Liverpool game in '96 when we got relegated - Alan Ball was getting us to run it into the corners when we needed another goal. I threw a right strop at full time. "I hate City, never coming again! :weep:" or some such bollox. I wish I would have stuck with that for a while longer than I did. I'd bottled it by the time Frank Clark took over...wish I would have stuck it out to miss the second relegation. Good grief we were shite.

i think Shearer's goals have made my cry of joy a couple of times.. i was a right psychotic kid when i was younger so i often reacted to the TV in the most emotional ways.. come to think about it, i still do it.. only that i swear a lot more now and throw stuff occasionally

loadsa times... to name a few:

Liv 4-3 Nufc

Nufc 1-2 Scum when Al missed the pen

FA Cup semi vs Chelsea

It took me about an extra 5years for that 12pt gap loss to sink in, and realise what it meant. At the time, i was sure 'next season' we'd win it anyway, esp when Shearer signed. Now years later, when theres not a cat in hells chance of us winning the PL, that season hurts.

Only cried once - in 2001 (aged 25) when Australia got humiliated in Montevideo by Uraguay. After winning the home leg 1-0 we were one step away from our first World Cup appearance in my lifetime - and we were taught a lesson. Had been drinking heavily since the 5am kick-off, by full time I was smashed, tired and devastated, and the tears flowed freely...

The 1999 FA Cup final against Man Utd brought my strongest Toon related response - again drinking heavily and once again taught a lesson by the opposition I started punching walls at a mates place and was told to go outside and cool off! :lol:

Alcohol is bad, m'kay

Guest Phil K

No.

But I did lose sleep and felt actually physically sick after the 12 point loss, and losing in the final in 98 & 99

Actually, I listened to Lou "Ars*hole" Macari after the 99 one when he said "Maybe they're not as big a club as they think they are" and rage replaced my sick feeling. I couldn't get through to Talk Sport...maybe it was just as well !

Guest alexharrisonnufc

when we lost to the mancs in '99 and nearly in lisbon and was close to after the embaressment of losing to the brummies 5-1

Guest JonnyRogers

Charity Shield 1996 - I was 7

FA Cup Final 1998 - 9

FA Cup semi 2000 - 11

but not since then, although Shearer's testimonial was a bit emotional!

It must be supporting Newcastle (or just getting older) that hardens you up for football. The Lisbon and AZ nights recently were awful, as was the 1999 Cup final and the Birmingham 5-1 result, although at the time I was around other people which is probably why I didn't cry!