Players in public

Guest hindu times

Moron food? Jeez

:lol: :lol: This forum is truly up it's own arse at times like.

:thup: The food and drink snobbery on here makes me laugh like.

Alreet, Mr Working Men's Club.

Strange place to go when there's a Coast to Coast like next door. Far better American food.

Moron food? Jeez

:lol: :lol: This forum is truly up it's own arse at times like.

:thup: The food and drink snobbery on here makes me laugh like.

Alreet, Mr Working Men's Club.

Strange place to go when there's a Coast to Coast like next door. Far better American food.

:lol:

Guest neesy111

I don't get the whole Nando's craic either. You've got loads of smaller eateries in the town where you can get the same for less and it's overall a more pleasant experience.

Completely agree. 

I don't get the whole Nando's craic either. You've got loads of smaller eateries in the town where you can get the same for less and it's overall a more pleasant experience.

Cheeky.

Guest Howaythetoon

Nandos is shit like as are most chains. Expensive food that isn't that great packaged in themes packed into retail parks or retail centres. The Metro Centre badly needs some independent food places like. Yo Sushi is in decline as well.

Nandos is s*** like as are most chains. Expensive food that isn't that great packaged in themes packed into retail parks or retail centres. The Metro Centre badly needs some independent food places like. Yo Sushi is in decline as well.

The rent in the MetroCentre must be sky high so i'd imagine it'll always be mostly chains in there.

Guest Howaythetoon

Nandos is s*** like as are most chains. Expensive food that isn't that great packaged in themes packed into retail parks or retail centres. The Metro Centre badly needs some independent food places like. Yo Sushi is in decline as well.

The rent in the MetroCentre must be sky high so i'd imagine it'll always be mostly chains in there.

Aye sadly, and that also prevents independent retailers from opening up there.

I'm generally very anti-chain, I'll try and go independents or small regional chains wherever I can as far as restaurants are concerned. I'd simply rather they had my money. Trickier with pubs since most are affiliated to chains now.

The entire point of a chain for me is reduced costs, which they can pass on to the consumer, even if the quality is bog standard. So I get Wetherspoons, it's £2 a pint ffs, I get McDonald's. What I don't get is people frequenting chains where they pay a premium for stuff that a local independent will almost always be doing better for less. Anyone who goes in that Byron at the Monument when Fat Hippo is round the corner is a fucking idiot. Ditto La Tasca.

I'm generally very anti-chain, I'll try and go independents or small regional chains wherever I can as far as restaurants are concerned. Trickier with pubs since most are affiliated to chains now.

The entire point of a chain for me is reduced costs, which they can pass on to the consumer, even if the quality is bog standard. So I get Wetherspoons, it's £2 a pint ffs, I get McDonald's. What I don't get is people frequenting chains where they pay a premium for stuff that a local independent will almost always be doing better for less. Anyone who goes in that Byron at the Monument when Fat Hippo is round the corner is a f***ing idiot. Ditto La Tasca.

Couldn't agree more with this.

Guest neesy111

Is Longhorns independent?

Yes.  While they have a number of restaurants now it's just been through success from their original one in Sunderland.

Guest neesy111

I'm generally very anti-chain, I'll try and go independents or small regional chains wherever I can as far as restaurants are concerned. I'd simply rather they had my money. Trickier with pubs since most are affiliated to chains now.

The entire point of a chain for me is reduced costs, which they can pass on to the consumer, even if the quality is bog standard. So I get Wetherspoons, it's £2 a pint ffs, I get McDonald's. What I don't get is people frequenting chains where they pay a premium for stuff that a local independent will almost always be doing better for less. Anyone who goes in that Byron at the Monument when Fat Hippo is round the corner is a fucking idiot. Ditto La Tasca.

Spot on.  The byron example is perfect, though Fat Hippo in town is always full when I go and requires booking in advance.

What Nandos alternatives do you recommend?

Footballers and other famous people just name drop Nandos on Twitter to get a load of free food.

Guest neesy111

Footballers and other famous people just name drop Nandos on Twitter to get a load of free food.

In town the Chicken Coop is good.

There's a few places in the Grainger Market that do superb menus.

Slice, Urban Grill and the place that does the dumplings are all fucking class.

Agree re: Byron/Fat Hippo and Nandos/Coop. Don't understand why you'd go to Subway either, there's that lovely Camera Shop sandwich place next door to Coop anarl.

Chain restaurants have their uses, families with kids etc. Too many s**** ones about but these days there's a few decent chains about, CAU, Wahaca, Cote, Ping Pong all pretty decent really. Don't think any of them are in Newcastle mind.

In town the Chicken Coop is good.

:thup:

Turtle Bay is a decent chain restaurant.

Guest Howaythetoon

The entire point of a chain for me is reduced costs, which they can pass on to the consumer, even if the quality is bog standard. So I get Wetherspoons, it's £2 a pint ffs, I get McDonald's. What I don't get is people frequenting chains where they pay a premium for stuff that a local independent will almost always be doing better for less. Anyone who goes in that Byron at the Monument when Fat Hippo is round the corner is a f***ing idiot. Ditto La Tasca.

Agreed!