Bramble back for Chelsea

Rich

There isn't anything that Bramble could do now to convince me that he deserves a new contract. What's the use in being a good defender 70% of the time?

Something that could convince me is Roeder not getting the right players in the summer and Ramage moving up the pecking order. As much as I think Bramble should move on I would rather him near the team than Ramage.

Agree.Although the only advantage he has ahead of Bramble is that he is versatile and can play anywhere at the back 4

When it comes to abbilities though Bramble is much more of the better player

I doubt Roeder will ever mention the name of Ramage when it comes to people who will leave in the summer

Still remember his "Conference style" performances against Bolton and West Ham  :rant: :rant:

The problem with the Bramble situation is that, unless we give him an attarctive new contract he'll probably get a better offer for a longer period at somewhere like Portsmouth with him being on a Bosman. So ignoring the issue of whether he should be here next season, if he's good enough/better than we have etc. we aren't in a very good bargaining position as a club. I think he's off fwiw.

The problem with the Bramble situation is that, unless we give him an attarctive new contract he'll probably get a better offer for a longer period at somewhere like Portsmouth with him being on a Bosman. So ignoring the issue of whether he should be here next season, if he's good enough/better than we have etc. we aren't in a very good bargaining position as a club. I think he's off fwiw.

hasn't the guy just bought a house, i really dont think he'll want to go anywhere

hasn't the guy just bought a house, i really dont think he'll want to go anywhere

Could just be an investment. Means nowt either way imo.

mansion in medburn doesn't sound like an investment, especially when ur throwing parties in it left right and centre. The guy blatantly wants to stay in fairness.

mansion in medburn doesn't sound like an investment, especially when ur throwing parties in it left right and centre. The guy blatantly wants to stay in fairness.

Hearsay tbh. And I don't see the club using his new house as a bargaining tool in negotiations so I'm not too sure about the relevence anyway.

It's

It's not necessarily a problem either though. We will offer him what we think he is worth to us, i.e. squad player wages. It will then be up to him to either accept the offer or move on. Either way we win, as in the first case we will have a decent squad player on squad wages (creating some space in the wage structure to allow for a better centre back) or we lose a squad player on first team wages (it should be easier to find a squad player or alternatively we loan out Huntington or Edgar alternatively for half a season or keep one of them here for the entire season)..

Whatever Bramble's shortcomings he is a better defender than Taylor. Both were good yesterday but generally Taylor has been shocking, he gets lost too much, gets wrong side and then is liable to commit the most stupid fouls. I think too many are falling for his "self appointed local hero" stuff.

Despite most people thinking Taylor was to blame for the Alkmaar defeat it was Bramble (again ) who was made the scapegoat.

I think if you watch the AZ's first goal you will see that in the first place it was more Bramble's mistake then Taylor's

Bramble tried to leave one of the forwards offside,that didnt work out,then Hunty was slow to close the cross and after that it was mostly Taylor's fault that he didnt marked Arveladze who scored

For the 2nd goal it was 100% Bramble's fault because he lost his man before the corner

And finally the fact that Bramble was made the scapegoat is because he was doing this amateurs mistakes for 4-5 years already.It was time that he takes the blame(of course i dont support the idiotic manner of which Roeder criticized Bramble in public).

Point is Taylor was shocking against Alkmaar. Who was worse is debatable but Bramble was made scapegoat.

Taylor also conceded a stupid penalty at 4-1, which he's always liable to do with the habit he has of closing people down with his arms flapping at his sides to try and widen his body.

Whatever Bramble's shortcomings he is a better defender than Taylor. Both were good yesterday but generally Taylor has been shocking, he gets lost too much, gets wrong side and then is liable to commit the most stupid fouls. I think too many are falling for his "self appointed local hero" stuff.

Despite most people thinking Taylor was to blame for the Alkmaar defeat it was Bramble (again ) who was made the scapegoat.

I think if you watch the AZ's first goal you will see that in the first place it was more Bramble's mistake then Taylor's

Bramble tried to leave one of the forwards offside,that didnt work out,then Hunty was slow to close the cross and after that it was mostly Taylor's fault that he didnt marked Arveladze who scored

For the 2nd goal it was 100% Bramble's fault because he lost his man before the corner

And finally the fact that Bramble was made the scapegoat is because he was doing this amateurs mistakes for 4-5 years already.It was time that he takes the blame(of course i dont support the idiotic manner of which Roeder criticized Bramble in public).

Point is Taylor was shocking against Alkmaar. Who was worse is debatable but Bramble was made scapegoat.

Taylor also conceded a stupid penalty at 4-1, which he's always liable to do with the habit he has of closing people down with his arms flapping at his sides to try and widen his body.

His arms was close to his body and to be honest that was very harsh penalty

Besides i cant remember any other penalty that Taylor has conceded besides this one and the one against Villa when he was sent off

Hearsay tbh. And I don't see the club using his new house as a bargaining tool in negotiations so I'm not too sure about the relevence anyway.

He had it built himself. Nothing to do with the club. Glenn was so up his arse at the start of the season he thought he was staying.

Proves what a two faced wanker Roeder is. Regardless of Bramble being good enough or not Roeder would have known this from watching games before he was near the first team.  Its probably that what has caused the disruption within the squad.

Skeletor - Great tackle by Bramble.

Dave - What a tackle from Bramble. Fucking ace.

johnnypd  - bad defending once again, saved by a top-class tackle by bramble.

nufc 4 life - fucking hell bramble pure class

Newcastle Fan - This is the best Tackle i EVER saw Bramble make

The College Dropout  - Well done Titus.

Phil K - Just popped downstairs and saw a magnificent goal saving tackle from Bramble.

Superb.

Yorkie-Geordie  - I'm usually the first to lay into Bramble, but he had about half a second to stop the ball from going in there.

GeJon - Bramble made (imo) as good a tackle as you will ever see, that was a goal all the way without a complete fuck up of a finish or a world class save!

markluk  -  that tackle was amazing  Superb game, excellent tackle to stop the attacker clean through

toonarmy - that bramble tackle was shockingly good

Yorkie-Geordie - Practically perfect performance from Bramble. He was an absolute rock. His sliding tackles, his headers, his marking, everything - was fantastic. Thought he was a bit wayward for their first goal but other than that, he was just fantastic

gray - bramble was pretty much quality tonight

Wullie - I'm going to be Ronaldo-tastic and say Bramble's tackle was one of the finest I've seen in years

Ronaldo - 4 excellent games in a row now for Titus. In terms of aerial and tackling ability, none of our other defenders can touch him. And when was the last time he made a notable error that cost us?

Howaythelads  - Well done Bramble. Had a really good game. Good job he didn't do what Taylor managed, otherwise we'd be on page 100 by now.

Northern Monkey - Taylor: 5 - Wasn't a penalty, but got himslef lost a few times.

Bramble: 7 - Best game for a while against decent opposition, but was positionally caught out a couple of times.                    Did well, though.

Carr: 4 - get to fuck, you fat waste of space. Roeder, you're a cretin.

CoachHTT  - One of his best performances in a Toon shirt, that tackle was simply world-class, and had Terry made it... Decent distribution too.

The list goes on. The point being he kept us in it in the first leg. The second leg if I remember rightly he messed up for one of the goals, but thats what players do apart from the the few wonder goals ( goal of the month comp ). Thats how goals are scored in football you know.

Show me a thread like that about any of our other CB`s. Yet AZ was all his fault.

Dave - What a tackle from Bramble. f****** ace.

nufc 4 life - f****** hell bramble pure class

Phil K - Just popped downstairs and saw a magnificent goal saving tackle from Bramble.

Superb.

Yorkie-Geordie  - I'm usually the first to lay into Bramble, but he had about half a second to stop the ball from going in there.

GeJon - Bramble made (imo) as good a tackle as you will ever see, that was a goal all the way without a complete f*** up of a finish or a world class save!

markluk  -  that tackle was amazing  Superb game, excellent tackle to stop the attacker clean through

Yorkie-Geordie - Practically perfect performance from Bramble. He was an absolute rock. His sliding tackles, his headers, his marking, everything - was fantastic. Thought he was a bit wayward for their first goal but other than that, he was just fantastic

Wullie - I'm going to be Ronaldo-tastic and say Bramble's tackle was one of the finest I've seen in years

Ronaldo - 4 excellent games in a row now for Titus. In terms of aerial and tackling ability, none of our other defenders can touch him. And when was the last time he made a notable error that cost us?

Howaythelads  - Well done Bramble. Had a really good game. Good job he didn't do what Taylor managed, otherwise we'd be on page 100 by now.

Northern Monkey - Taylor: 5 - Wasn't a penalty, but got himslef lost a few times.

Bramble: 7 - Best game for a while against decent opposition, but was positionally caught out a couple of times.                     Did well, though.

Carr: 4 - get to f***, you fat waste of space. Roeder, you're a cretin.

CoachHTT  - One of his best performances in a Toon shirt, that tackle was simply world-class, and had Terry made it... Decent distribution too.

The list goes on. The point being he kept us in it in the first leg. The second leg if I remember rightly he messed up for one of the goals, but thats what players do apart from the the few wonder goals ( goal of the month comp ). Thats how goals are scored in football you know.

Show me a thread like that about any of our other CB`s. Yet AZ was all his fault.

One great tackle cant change the opinion about any player in the world

Against AZ all the players played badly.Bramble was made the scapegoat because he is doing this mistakes for years now and its time he actually gets the blame

Superb.

GeJon - Bramble made (imo) as good a tackle as you will ever see, that was a goal all the way without a complete f*** up of a finish or a world class save!

Bramble: 7 - Best game for a while against decent opposition, but was positionally caught out a couple of times.                    Did well, though.

Against AZ all the players played badly.Bramble was made the scapegoat because he is doing this mistakes for years now and its time he actually gets the blame

it's time he actually gets the blame? are you kidding me, how long have you supported nufc?

Superb.

Bramble: 7 - Best game for a while against decent opposition, but was positionally caught out a couple of times.                     Did well, though.

it's time he actually gets the blame? are you kidding me, how long have you supported nufc?

whats your point pretty?

Bramble's not fucking good enough. His Newcastle career is all the evidence you need. A blinder against Chelsea doesn't change that.

Bramble's not fucking good enough. His Newcastle career is all the evidence you need. A blinder against Chelsea doesn't change that.

I wasn`t talking about Chelsea. I was talking about the scapgoating after AZ.

My point above is that who do we have better atm ? It isn`t just the Chelsea or AZ 1st leg game its the other good performances he can make before he messes up again. No one else on our defensive books has puts in quality performances where the forum has commented to the extent. Fine if Roeder wants to go out and buy 4 CB`s this summer and gets them ahead of other teams.  Taylor is the only CB we have that is ready and thats being optimistic. What about injuries aswell? 

Before the wages issue comes up he isn`t on what people believe. There are far more underperformers in the team that are on double if not more.

Exactly. How many times has he 'turned the corner' or gone on a run of 4-6 games where he's played well? He's a liability and always will be, and I'd imagine I'd always think I was in with a shout if I was a striker coming up against him. It can't inspire too much confidence in the rest of the defence either, wondering how far away the next cock-up is.

Everytime I think of Bramble, he reminds me of a game of Deal or No Deal. He'll go a round where he takes out the £10 & £250 boxes and everything looks fine...but you just get the sickly feeling that the £100,000 or £250,000 boxes are just around the corner.

he is ten times the player Huntington or Ramage is. Moore and Gooch are going (and rightfully so)

makes no sense whatsoever to let him go when the geniunely bad defenders (baba carr et) are still here

he is ten times the player Huntington or Ramage is. Moore and Gooch are going (and rightfully so)

makes no sense whatsoever to let him go when the geniunely bad defenders (baba carr et) are still here

Not that simple though, he's out of contract and we've pissed him about. I take your point but rewarding him with a new contract isn't the way forward. If he'd take a two year deal on less cash then it's a different matter but why would he do that when he's likely to get a better deal on a Bosman.

Agree with you

I prefer to have Bramble as a back up rather then Ramage or Moore

Not that simple though, he's out of contract and we've pissed him about. I take your point but rewarding him with a new contract isn't the way forward. If he'd take a two year deal on less cash then it's a different matter but why would he do that when he's likely to get a better deal on a Bosman.

I think he would. He isn`t a money grabber tbh. He likes playing for NUFC. Its not always about money with some players.

Guest Gemmill

I think he would. He isn`t a money grabber tbh. He likes playing for NUFC. Its not always about money with some players.

Mate, he's shit 80% of the time.  Once in a blue moon we get a decent performance out of him.  I'm sure he loves playing for NUFC, because he probably knows that his next move will be downwards....and the one after that etc.  I know you're pally with him, but it's plainly obvious that we need to get rid of him and others if we are EVER going to improve our defence to one that can perform well consistently.  No one can say that Titus Bramble hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip at NUFC, but he's failed to prove himself and he needs to go.  And that applies whether there are players ahead of him in the queue to leave or not.