Bramble back for Chelsea

Rich

Also i agree completely with kojak.Roeder put the blame on his players especially the defence when it was obvious that Roeder was to blame for the performance against AZ.

Roeder has lost it...

Bollocks tbh.

Roeder was PARTLY to blame for the defeat, but the players were equally to blame with their inability to string 3 passes together or close defend properly.

The players were equally to blame (along with Roeder) but Bramble should have been made a scapegoat (according to you)? No wonder you're sticking up for Roeder, you talk as much self-contradictory guff as he does.

Guest kojak

Bramble for England!

6 months after he leaves us.

Not that im suggesting for one minute that he'll ever play for England but it could also be the best thing for Titus Bramble's career if he was to leave. As separate entities Newcastle United's defence and Titus Bramble as seen as slapstick mistakes waiting to happen. Nether has any chance of rehabilitation while they are still together.

Roeder was more to blame than anyone else for that game tbh, from his pre match comments everyone knew we were going to f*ck it up due to his negative approach and it was no suprise when it all went tits up!

Ramage is even worse then Bramble but its obvious that Roeder has some players which he never criticize no matter what performance they put.Bramble is the scapegoat because he was doing his mistakes for years now and he did it again in the most important game of our season.

Taylor was no better in that game but when you compare their performance this season i think Taylor was more solid then Titus,also he scored a couple of important goals and he can develop considering his age.

Its time for Titus to go but its really sad as Jon said that players like Ramage are not in the big picture of players who must leave too.Some of his performance were the most shocking i've ever seen in the level of the premiership.I guess because he is local lad he is getting away with this.

Also i agree completely with kojak.Roeder put the blame on his players especially the defence when it was obvious that Roeder was to blame for the performance against AZ.

Roeder has lost it...

Roeder hasn't ever come out and blamed anything on Titus or said that he is the scapegoat (the people on this board and in the press have jumped to those conclusions). He has just left him out. But... he has also left out Ramage, who has been fit for about a month now. So let's be fair... both of them have been made scapegoats.

Are you on glue or what?

Roeder said that the defence was to blame for the defeat.That defence was Solano-Titus-Taylor-Huntington

From this 4 who do you think Roeder was refering to?

I think it was obvious that it was Titus

About Ramage im almost sure that he will be here next season.Even when he made his shocking performances against Bolton and West Ham Roeder didnt say anything wrong about him

Roeder has lost it...

Bollocks tbh.

Roeder was PARTLY to blame for the defeat, but the players were equally to blame with their inability to string 3 passes together or close defend properly.

So i guess its also players fault that we lost to Fulham twice,get beaten by Birmingam 5:1,lost to Shefield Un,Charlton,Man City etc.etc

Do i have to continue...

Ramage is even worse then Bramble but its obvious that Roeder has some players which he never criticize no matter what performance they put.Bramble is the scapegoat because he was doing his mistakes for years now and he did it again in the most important game of our season.

Taylor was no better in that game but when you compare their performance this season i think Taylor was more solid then Titus,also he scored a couple of important goals and he can develop considering his age.

Its time for Titus to go but its really sad as Jon said that players like Ramage are not in the big picture of players who must leave too.Some of his performance were the most shocking i've ever seen in the level of the premiership.I guess because he is local lad he is getting away with this.

Roeder has lost it...

Roeder hasn't ever come out and blamed anything on Titus or said that he is the scapegoat (the people on this board and in the press have jumped to those conclusions). He has just left him out. But... he has also left out Ramage, who has been fit for about a month now. So let's be fair... both of them have been made scapegoats.

Including you.

Yep! Including me, but if you think about it, he has also made a scapegoat of Ramage.

Did he injure Ramage against West Ham and force him to miss all the games since with an injury, like?

Have you forgotten Roeder's post-match comments that were blatantly about Bramble?

Has Glenn Roeder publicly criticised Peter Ramage directly after a defeat? Was Peter Ramage ever a first-choice player, when we had a fully fit defensive pool to choose from? Could it be simply that he's protecting Ramage until next season after his nightmare against West Ham?

I can't help but feel that you're simply trying to redirect an argument that you're getting buggered in by Alex... and how were Glenn's comments after the AZ game not about Bramble? Who was dropped altogether directly afterwards? I agree that he has to try and get a performance out of Bramble if he does play against Chelsea, which you've already said, but it's simply laughable that it's ended up at this point after the lad was all but out of the door a month ago and I think that was the point that Alex was making, more than anything.

The Ramage situation simply cannot be compared, man. It's not the same.

Guest kojak

Roeder has lost it...

Bollocks tbh.

The players were equally to blame (along with Roeder) but Bramble should have been made a scapegoat (according to you)? No wonder you're sticking up for Roeder, you talk as much self-contradictory guff as he does.

Yes Bramble should have been made a scapegoat. He was particularly poor in that game and in others this season. I didn't mean the players were all equal to each other. I meant they were as much to blame as Roeder... but some more than others.

None of the players should be being made a scapegoat man. The manager should have the courage of his convictions to put out whatever team he feel's appropriate, but when it all goes expectedly tits up, he should be man enough to take the flak himself. Not rant about at his players failing yet again, and in the case of Bramble, banish him from the first team squad (although its a good idea in principle) then make himself look a right prat by having to pick him again when his preferred choices are unavailable for selection due to injury/being just as shite, then giving sickly gushing soundbites to his mate at the Chronic, trying to pretend that nothings happened.

Its piss-poor management and that's what people are getting at. We all know that Bramble or Ramage are poor footballers, everybody in the country knows that.

Guest Gemmill

Roeder has lost it...

Bollocks tbh.

Yes Bramble should have been made a scapegoat. He was particularly poor in that game and in others this season. I didn't mean the players were all equal to each other. I meant they were as much to blame as Roeder... but some more than others.

None of the players should be being made a scapegoat man. The manager should have the courage of his convictions to put out whatever team he feel's appropriate, but when it all goes expectedly tits up, he should be man enough to take the flak himself. Not rant about at his players failing yet again, and in the case of Bramble, banish him from the first team squad (although its a good idea in principle) then make himself look a right prat by having to pick him again when his preferred choices are unavailable for selection due to injury/being just as shite, then giving sickly gushing soundbites to his mate at the Chronic, trying to pretend that nothings happened.

Its piss-poor management and that's what people are getting at. We all know that Bramble or Ramage are poor footballers, everybody in the country knows that.

Aye, spot on.  How anyone can defend Roeder on this is beyond me. 

When there is bad results in 1-2 games you can blame aswell the manager and the players

But when you are playing football like crap all season you cant blame the players

Its the manager's fault

If you cant acccept that then you are living in some other planet

Has Glenn Roeder publicly criticised Peter Ramage directly after a defeat? Was Peter Ramage ever a first-choice player, when we had a fully fit defensive pool to choose from? Could it be simply that he's protecting Ramage until next season after his nightmare against West Ham?

I can't help but feel that you're simply trying to redirect an argument that you're getting buggered in by Alex... and how were Glenn's comments after the AZ game not about Bramble? Who was dropped altogether directly afterwards? I agree that he has to try and get a performance out of Bramble if he does play against Chelsea, which you've already said, but it's simply laughable that it's ended up at this point after the lad was all but out of the door a month ago and I think that was the point that Alex was making, more than anything.

The Ramage situation simply cannot be compared, man. It's not the same.

OK, if you are right, and he's not using him as a scapegoat aswell, then why, when we are in need for defenders for the Chelsea game is he bringing back his scapegoat rather than the lad he is just 'protecting'?

And these are Roeders comments after the AZ defeat.

"Shay Given is a top-drawer keeper but he does not get the protection he should get," said Roeder. "He is exposed far too easily.

"Too many defenders make too many mistakes that cost us.

"They do well, you are happy with them and you think they have learned.

"Then 'bang!' - they go and make the same mistake again and let you down."

No mention specifically of Bramble. What I'm getting at is that he hasn't publically slammed Bramble himself, which is what people were trying to say earlier. He has obviously used him as a scapegoat by not playing him, I don't dispute that, and rightly so, but he hasn't come out and slated him directly in the press. Therefore, with today's quotes, he isn't backtracking on anything. He is handling it quite well by using his reserve performance as the reason that he's back in the frame.

Even some 8 years child will find out that he is talking about Bramble

So all of that isn't necessarily about Bramble, then? The player who seemed to be the immediate casualty of the aftermath as he was dropped fully. Okay.

I've never had Bramble down as being a genius... but surely he will realise exactly what the situation is, no matter how you try and spin it in Roeder's favour. He knows that before Onyewu got injured and before Moore got found-out he was never going to play for this football club again and he knows that Roeder has criticised him in the media after the AZ game, he will surely know that.

Now, after being out of his plans there is a chance he might play for us again (only a chance mind, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ramage in there after all of this conjecture!) and Roeder's dangling this "carrot" in front of his face about getting a new contract. Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit of a daft motivation technique?

Perhaps, if Bramble does play, he's doing nowt but putting himself in the shop window in order to try and drum-up his price a bit with a good performance? Or perhaps Ramage, as Oliver wrote, is still not match fit?

We obviously won't know until the day what happens, but the original point remains that he was made a scapegoat and yet again it's blown-up in Roeder's face, seeing him do yet another one-eighty and having to pick Titus Bramble after all-but pushing him out of the door. You cannot deny this at all. The fact you're saying he was rightly made a scapegoat by Roeder and now saying Glenn is doing right by trying to motivate him to play (when surely Titus knows it's hopeless) is the real bollocks in this thread. Not the posts you've cited as being so.

It's laughable, man. I can understand why people defend Roeder, but I wish they'd defend him on the things he actually does right and not when it's plain to see he's been made to look a clown again.

Thats the thing, Bramble has been making mistakes for longer because he was seen as good enough a long time ago, Ramage wasn't ever really seen as good enough but got thrown in be because there was no other option, did ok for a few games and earnt a contract.

Ramage is basically Bramble at his worst in every game he plays.

BRAMBLE is pretty much Bramble at his worst in every game he plays. He only ever has 2 or 3 games a season where he doesn't make a cunt of himself and us.

He's a laughing stock, and he makes us a laughing stock.

When there is bad results in 1-2 games you can blame aswell the manager and the players

But when you are playing football like crap all season you cant blame the players

Its the manager's fault

Bol****s. The manager puts the players on the field and they have to perform. In the games you are talking of (Birmingham at home, Fulham etc.), the players haven't performed. Sure the tactics are questionable, and sometimes theres an odd team selection, but at the end of the day the players haven't performed. Roeder can be blamed for some things, but he can't be blamed for players not being able to string two passes together, and very poor finishing, and for stupid defensive mistakes.

hahahahahaha

Hilarious stuff

If its not Roeder's fault then who's fault is it?

Maybe Derek Wright??

No offence mate but you dont understand the basic principles of the football game

So all of that isn't necessarily about Bramble, then? The player who seemed to be the immediate casualty of the aftermath as he was dropped fully. Okay.

I've never had Bramble down as being a genius... but surely he will realise exactly what the situation is, no matter how you try and spin it in Roeder's favour. He knows that before Onyewu got injured and before Moore got found-out he was never going to play for this football club again and he knows that Roeder has criticised him in the media after the AZ game, he will surely know that.

Now, after being out of his plans there is a chance he might play for us again (only a chance mind, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ramage in there after all of this conjecture!) and Roeder's dangling this "carrot" in front of his face about getting a new contract. Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit of a daft motivation technique?

Perhaps, if Bramble does play, he's doing nowt but putting himself in the shop window in order to try and drum-up his price a bit with a good performance? Or perhaps Ramage, as Oliver wrote, is still not match fit?

We obviously won't know until the day what happens, but the original point remains that he was made a scapegoat and yet again it's blown-up in Roeder's face, seeing him do yet another one-eighty and having to pick Titus Bramble after all-but pushing him out of the door. You cannot deny this at all. The fact you're saying he was rightly made a scapegoat by Roeder and now saying Glenn is doing right by trying to motivate him to play (when surely Titus knows it's hopeless) is the real bollocks in this thread. Not the posts you've cited as being so.

It's laughable, man. I can understand why people defend Roeder, but I wish they'd defend him on the things he actually does right and not when it's plain to see he's been made to look a clown again.

hahahahahaahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glenn knows we are going to be raped so he figures get 1 positive out of this game by playing Titus, then he can blame him for the 6 goals we concede thus making sure he can out him at the end of the season!!

Thats the thing, Bramble has been making mistakes for longer because he was seen as good enough a long time ago, Ramage wasn't ever really seen as good enough but got thrown in be because there was no other option, did ok for a few games and earnt a contract.

BRAMBLE is pretty much Bramble at his worst in every game he plays. He only ever has 2 or 3 games a season where he doesn't make a cunt of himself and us.

I mean Bramble can do some excellent things during a game then throw it all away with somethng stupid. Ramage will play poor the whole game then make it even worse by gifting them a goal or 2.

Guest JamesD

Its the manager's fault

Bol****s. The manager puts the players on the field and they have to perform. In the games you are talking of (Birmingham at home, Fulham etc.), the players haven't performed. Sure the tactics are questionable, and sometimes theres an odd team selection, but at the end of the day the players haven't performed. Roeder can be blamed for some things, but he can't be blamed for players not being able to string two passes together, and very poor finishing, and for stupid defensive mistakes.

hahahahahaha

Hilarious stuff

Maybe Derek Wright??

No offence mate but you dont understand the basic principles of the football game

Go on then, enlighten me with your supreme knowledge.

Because I was always taught when I played football at school that it's my responsibility to kick the ball to a team mate. I didn't realise that it was in fact my coaches fault when I misplaced a pass or didn't find space to be passed to.

I'm sorry mate, but you are deluded if you think our poor performances are solely down to Roeder.

I must say Hindu, I'm really glad you said that.  People on here about how roeder used players as a scapegoat, but ulitimetly t it is up to the people on the field to get a result.

Its the manager's fault

hahahahahaha

Hilarious stuff

Maybe Derek Wright??

Because I was always taught when I played football at school that it's my responsibility to kick the ball to a team mate. I didn't realise that it was in fact my coaches fault when I misplaced a pass or didn't find space to be passed to.

I'm sorry mate, but you are deluded if you think our poor performances are solely down to Roeder.

First you cant compare your football in school with the one we are talking about

Second its the managers responsibility in every training to teach the players to play the way his manager's philosophy is about football-atacking football,defensive football,long ball football,physical football,passing football etc.etc.

Third when we talk about players who play in the premiership there is no question that they have the abbility to pass the ball.

And then when our team cant pass the ball 2 times and our players look like shit its not their fault

Its the managers fault

At the end of the day the managers get the fault when their team cant perform

I mean Bramble can do some excellent things during a game then throw it all away with somethng stupid. Ramage will play poor the whole game then make it even worse by gifting them a goal or 2.

I don't think Ramage is any worse than Shambles. They are both game-losers.

First of all JamesD, cheers for agreeing.

Secondly:

Its the manager's fault

hahahahahaha

Hilarious stuff

Maybe Derek Wright??

First you cant compare your football in school with the one we are talking about

Second its the managers responsibility in every training to teach the players to play the way his manager's philosophy is about football-atacking football,defensive football,long ball football,physical football,passing football etc.etc.

Third when we talk about players who play in the premiership there is no question that they have the abbility to pass the ball.

And then when our team cant pass the ball 2 times and our players look like s*** its not their fault

Its the managers faultAt the end of the day the managers get the fault when their team cant perform

You still make no sense. Roeder isn't stood on the touchline with a Playstation controller pressing Square instead of X.

What exactly doesnt make sense to you?

BRAMBLE is pretty much Bramble at his worst in every game he plays. He only ever has 2 or 3 games a season where he doesn't make a c*** of himself and us.

I don't think Ramage is any worse than Shambles. They are both game-losers.

Ramage's mistakes cant be made even in the conference games

They are both "game-losers" but Bramble has quality moments in between which is the difference between the two. Like when he completely fucks up but managers to get back and put in a last ditch tackle, Ramage doesn't have the attribute (pace) to do that.