Now what you think about MOTD women commentator

Guest Alan_Shearer
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All seemed a bit.....fake, like she was trying to act like a commentator.

Exactly what I thought. She seemed to be saying lines that she thought Motson or Davies would come out with.

Nail head hit. If she's going to be a success, she needs to develop her own style.

It's not as though the traditional male style of commentating is all that entertaining or interesting. More often than not, it gets on the nerves.

All seemed a bit.....fake, like she was trying to act like a commentator.

Exactly what I thought. She seemed to be saying lines that she thought Motson or Davies would come out with.

Nail head hit. If she's going to be a success, she needs to develop her own style.

It's not as though the traditional male style of commentating is all that entertaining or interesting. More often than not, it gets on the nerves.

I'm thinking the same. I'm not to bothered about her being female more the fact she's crap at commentating.

The trouble she has is when she she gets excited at a goal scoring opportunity and her voice goes up a few octaves, it just sounds like a woman NAGGING or SHOUTING and I watch MOTD to get away from that crap, thank you very much

Hmmm, maybe its John Motson in drag.

Guest Synthespian

I just think she tries to hard and that's what sounds odd.

She's no worse than the men really, but they don't feel like they've got a point to prove.

• 5 months later...

:lol:

--------------

WOMEN in football? No, leave them in the kitchen where they belong

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_02/oatleyGetty_228x286.jpg

Woman are good for many things. Not just washing, ironing and cleaning.

They do not make for good football commentators.

Jacqui Oatley, reporting from Birmingham versus Manchester City on Match of the Day, showed why she should never be allowed near the microphone again.

"There is nothing to shout and scream about here," she said from Saint Andrews. So why did she then spend the commentary shouting and screaming?

Her tone of voice reminds me of Mrs Hatchet complaining when I'm late in from the pub. Her pitch (not the green one) is a shrill and a whine.

The BBC are right to have given her a go. Now thank her for her efforts and give her a mop.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=550970&in_page_id=1779

DOes this women have any actual experience??  She seems to be rather out of her depth.  I noticed that she nicked a few phrases from motson, and in general her commentary was full of stereotypes.

Overall though she needs to change her pitch from that of excited fan to that of a more measured analysis.

Gaby logan need sto give her a few tips!

DOes this women have any actual experience??  She seems to be rather out of her depth.  I noticed that she nicked a few phrases from motson, and in general her commentary was full of stereotypes.

she used every commentary cliche in the book, that alone was an achievement in ten minutes.