Now what you think about MOTD women commentator

Guest Alan_Shearer
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aye, just heard it for the first time on Match of the Day 2. Christ - she was forcing that. It just didn't sound right, tbh. I thought it wouldn't make any difference whether it was a male or female voice, regardless of the quality of the commentating, but it just did.

No ta.

Guest Gemmill

I fell asleep watching MOTD2 and was awoken by the bitch.  Not nice at all.  I bet she was pretty self conscious about it though, which probably contributed to the "sounded like she was acting" theme in this thread.  Maybe she'll improve once she's settled in a bit.

Guest nufc_geordie

To be fair she is quite fit for a relatively older woman.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/presenters/media/jacqui_oatley.jpg

I don't really understand why this is even under debate.

I couldn't give a flying fuck. She does her job well, its just all the old fashioned morons who'd think she useless, they need to get a life.

.....oh and by looking at that photo, erm.......I'd give her one :buck2:

• 3 weeks later...

It's not the fact that she's a woman, it's just the fact that she's a shit commentator.

EDIT: Well, maybe she isn't actually a shit commentator - but like TMonkey says below me, she just hasn't got the voice to sound right.

You need to have a strong voice to be a commentator, the likes of Tyler, Darke, Motson and Davies all have / had really powerful voices. This women has the voice of a 13 year old boy.

What got me was the way she went "With a backheel"....it sounded exactly like the piss-taking womens commentary you hear on things like Soccer AM.

in Italy, there are quite a few women commentators and sports presenters and they're doing ok, because women are generally more interested in footie there and don't just talk bollocks and also italian language is more melodic compared to english, so it doesn't sound that strange when a lady is raising her voice after a tackle or something..

Did you know that Zheng is the captain of China?

Well if you didn't you do now after that cow said it about 25 times.

:lol: i thought that

absolutely no need for it. Once fine, everytime he gets near the ball though...no.

Guest Hodgson09

Women can commentate the women, let men commentate the men. The only place for women in men's sport is to get more beer and snacks if at home, to fan me when it gets a little warm, half time sex for stress relief, do a nice little dance if the match is a little drab, at no point is she allowed to talk never ever ever. Because it just isn't right now is it?

It's like watching a movie they always ask questions when you just want to watch.

I'm only a sexist when it comes to male sports, that is a time when we should be allowed to objectify women and treat them like slaves, because lets face besides that 90 minutes we are under their complete control.

Stay away from our game women, you take everything else not our game please.

Guest Geordiesned

Did you know that Zheng is the captain of China?

Well if you didn't you do now after that cow said it about 25 times.

Aye that was doing my head in!

"Just wide from the China captain"

"So close from the China captain"

I used to slate Motson for overkill on stats about players. I whole heartedly apologise Mr Motson and will never do it again!