Shepherd apparently wants Allardyce ...

KaKa

He'll have 25 if he came here as Clarkie and Terry Mac's jobs are safe as houses tbh.

Shearer's BUM boys.

The only time Terry Mac wasnt employed by  the club in recent times was when Ruud & Bobby were gaffers. Keegan,Dogleash,Souey & Roeder all his old teamates have employed him for some reason. I am expecting Clark or Shearer to be the first people to employ him who have never played with this fukwit.

Maybe Shepherd could simply undermine Roeder. Give Allardyce title of "Director of Football". Roeder will obviously know he's not wanted and might walk. Saving us compensation money which could go towards bringing in some of Allardyce's men from Bolton.

I'm getting excited here, but one of the voices in my head is just saying "not going to happen.  too good to be true"

I've got it all planned out.

Alladyce takes over and brings speed.  He succeeds.

Alladyce leaves and the job goes to sheaer, and speed stays on as assistant.  Succeeds.

Speed takes over, succeeds.  (Brings bellamy in?)

Maybe Shepherd could simply undermine Roeder. Give Allardyce title of "Director of Football". Roeder will obviously know he's not wanted and might walk. Saving us compensation money which could go towards bringing in some of Allardyce's men from Bolton.

Roeder will never, ever walk. Not under any circumstances. Firstly, he knows full well his reputation as a manager (let alone a premiership manager) is in the toilet after screweing up yet another job. And secondly the man is far too proud and is never wrong.

If he had any honour (or inclination to walk) he would have done so after AZ

Allardyce would insist on a long contract and the power to pick his own staff and reform the club from top to toe. I don't think Shepherd will go for that. Man City will give him the authority and scope that he needs, and they'll land him for that reason.

Hope I'm wrong, because I think these rumours that Roeder has lost the players is probably true.

Shepherd’s backing is enough to make Roeder fear for his future

Matt Dickinson

The back page of the local newspaper in Newcastle proclaimed “Roeder told his job is safe” yesterday, which must have had the manager scurrying to check his contract. Being told that you are secure by Freddy Shepherd, the chairman, is about as reassuring as hearing from an estate agent that the cracks are only superficial or from a second-hand car dealer that the mileage is to be believed.

Shepherd is, after all, the man who said in July 2004 that “you simply do not sack Sir Bobby Robson”. A month later, he had done precisely that. Examples of the chairman pointing one way and walking in another are not in short supply.

Even the most experienced Newcastle watchers stopped second-guessing Shepherd when he set about replacing Robson. The names of Steve McClaren, Steve Bruce and Sam Allardyce were all prominent, and with good reason. Somehow he contrived to end up with Graeme Souness, of whom Blackburn Rovers could not wait to be rid.

All good reasons for Roeder to regard yesterday’s back-page headline with the disdain that he has unwisely adopted for stories linking Sven-Göran Eriksson and Allardyce with his position. He has even talked in the past few days about making plans for next season, but the experiences of several of his most recent predecessors should inform him that a Newcastle manager is never more vulnerable than after he has blown a transfer budget. Ruud Gullit, Kenny Dalglish and Robson all left shortly after their own summers of rebuilding.

Shepherd’s guidance to the local paper appears to point to a repeat scenario even if the word on football’s grapevine is that he is examining all his options. He should be. Not even Roeder’s friends back him to turn Newcastle into a Champions League club, which should be their aspiration.

It was a job that he fell into, just as, for all those who will wish a decent guy well, there are few who expect great things at Bolton Wanderers of the newly, and hastily, appointed Sammy Lee.

And here the two stories interweave because, now that he has walked away from the Reebok Stadium, Allardyce must surely be causing Shepherd to consider another approach for his services.

The man to lead them back into the top four, where they finished under Robson? You could not say so with certainty, but Big Sam would surely improve Newcastle’s present mid-table mediocrity.

For what it is worth, which is very little, Shepherd is denying any interest, but he would not be doing his job if he was not casting around for a new manager and he was given an extra spur in the past 24 hours. Newcastle might not even be the most talked-about club in the North East next season now that Sunderland have marched into the top division under Roy Keane.

Sunderland are a club who, through the enlightened leadership of Niall Quinn, the chairman, are re-engaging with their supporters rather than mocking them for buying overpriced replica shirts, as Shepherd so notoriously did on a debauched night with the News of the World’s fake sheikh. They are a club, too, who realise that the most important man in the organisation is the manager. They are capable of embarrassing their local rivals on and off the pitch.

Guest BooBoo

David should appreciate people are too annoyed to cow tow to the rules and regs of this board.  :knuppel2:

I say we go all French revolution on his yorkshire ass.  :cheesy:

We all know Big Sam is great with everyone's rejects - Davies and Diouf to name but a few but could he really make wine out of water (or should that be sewage) with Bramble and Luque? Amazing if he could.

Roeder will never, ever walk. Not under any circumstances. Firstly, he knows full well his reputation as a manager (let alone a premiership manager) is in the toilet after screweing up yet another job. And secondly the man is far too proud and is never wrong.

And even more importantly than that, like every post-Keegan manager except Gullit, he knows that if he walks he won't get his pay-off.

Allardyce would insist on a long contract and the power to pick his own staff and reform the club from top to toe. I don't think Shepherd will go for that. Man City will give him the authority and scope that he needs, and they'll land him for that reason.

Sadly, I think you're probably right. Reforming of the club from top to toe is definitely what's needed,, but I can't see Shepherd coping with all of Allardyce's new-fangled ideas.

Guest TinoInHiding

They are capable of embarrassing their local rivals on and off the pitch.

He can f*** right off with that, like.

No evidence whatsoever that they are capable of beating us, with the players they've got right now.

We might be s***; but they are even worse.

Mark my words, they're going straight back down again.

Guest Ridzuan

Get Big Sam in and move Roeder back to the academy team to help with Clarkie.Then both parties will be happy.

Guest Pavel Is A Geordie

Why would we have to pay compensation? He's a free agent now. The only compensation should be given to Roeder and the Krankies. What odds if Allardyce does come in that Speed is on his coaching staff in some capacity?

Speed on his coaching staff?

Get him on the pitch. Never should have been allowed to leave SJP.

Guest graemeh72

They are capable of embarrassing their local rivals on and off the pitch.

He can f*** right off with that, like.

No evidence whatsoever that they are capable of beating us, with the players they've got right now.

We might be s***; but they are even worse.

Mark my words, they're going straight back down again.

I'd never ever put money on the Makems to suceed, after all I have to live with myself

..but they won't go down next year

as much as I hate Roy Keane, I have a huge amount of respect for him - and he'll keep them up imho

Guest Brazilianbob

I was one of those advocating a period of managerial stability at NUFC, so was against sacking Roeder.  But with Allardyce now available there will never be a better chance to turn this club around and bring success.

Mind you, it just goes to show how far we have fallen, that we are clamoring for Allardyce to be appointed, when not so long ago we were appalled that he was even being considered as a replacement for SBR.

However, judging by Shepherds record of flawed managerial appointments, I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever, that he will make the wrong decision yet again, and decide to throw millions at Roeder in the summer, only to sack him in October and then have to appoint Stuart Pearce, whose Man City job will have been taken by Allardyce.  Second best yet again.  But why should we expect anything more, after all we stump up £45 for shirts that only cost a fiver to manufacture, so we are used to being shafted.