Barton at it again.

Sparks

Guest Reading Fan

Not sure about this talk of all the money you think we're going to be splashing.  Our most recent financial results are a shambles.

Really............. Maybe I'm talking nonsense then! Maybe the picture is alot gloomier than I realise.

I am only commenting on what I can see from the outside all the way down here in Berkshire and based on what Newcastle have done before. But past actions may not be a good measure of future actions.

I do think that you already have a playing staff that is well capable of finishing 5th though whether you spend money or not. Reading are 1 point off fifth and we've spent very little money in comparison.

You only need a new manager from what I can tell. you just need to shore up your back line and I think you'll be flying. You're gonna get Sidwell on a free as well so that will help squad depth. Newcastle have plenty of talented players. Sheppard doesn't really need to spend much on the playing team to get it going again. Your current team should be 5th. The fact that you are not means Roeder is the one underperforming. Get rid of him and then get a manager in who will get you to 5th with the current team. If he manages to do that then back him in the transfer market to break into the top 4. That would be my strategy. Don't keep wasting money on idiot managers who don't know what they are doing.

You need Big Sam at the helm as fast as possible. Give him £5million for next season. That will be enough for Big Sam with the current players you got to get to 5th. If Sam achieves that back him the following summer. If he can't get your current side to 5th then find another manager. The current Geordie team has got to be the 5th best in the Prem. Only the top 4 have better playing squads than Newcastle and the Yids squad is of similar ability.

Not sure about this talk of all the money you think we're going to be splashing.  Our most recent financial results are a shambles.

Really............. Maybe I'm talking nonsense then! Maybe the picture is alot gloomier than I realise.

I am only commenting on what I can see from the outside all the way down here in Berkshire and based on what Newcastle have done before. But past actions may not be a good measure of future actions.

I do think that you already have a playing staff that is well capable of finishing 5th though whether you spend money or not. Reading are 1 point off fifth and we've spent very little money in comparison.

You only need a new manager from what I can tell. you just need to shore up your back line and I think you'll be flying. You're gonna get Sidwell on a free as well so that will help squad depth. Newcastle have plenty of talented players. Sheppard doesn't really need to spend much on the playing team to get it going again. Your current team should be 5th. The fact that you are not means Roeder is the one underperforming. Get rid of him and then get a manager in who will get you to 5th with the current team. If he manages to do that then back him in the transfer market to break into the top 4. That would be my strategy. Don't keep wasting money on idiot managers who don't know what they are doing.

You need Big Sam at the helm as fast as possible. Give him £5million for next season. That will be enough for Big Sam with the current players you got to get to 5th. If Sam achieves that back him the following summer. If he can't get your current side to 5th then find another manager. The current Geordie team has got to be the 5th best in the Prem. Only the top 4 have better playing squads than Newcastle and the Yids squad is of similar ability.

On paper we might have a good squad, unfortunately football isn't played on paper.

Players like Emre, Dyer, Duff, Parker (which is conceivably our strongest midfield for some!) - they might be internationals and have some talent but actually contribute very little. I'm not going to go off the deep end and say they're shite, but they aren't top quality.

Fat paycheques? Yes. Big reputations? Yes. Consistently good performers? No...

Guest Sniffer

Why stop at just emre,duff,parker and dyer?

There's plenty more where they came from.

Why stop at just emre,duff,parker and dyer?

There's plenty more where they came from.

Well, I was thinking of the players with the biggest disparity between reputation and contribution :D

Seriously, no one thinks Babayaro, Ramage, Onyewu, Moore, Bramble, Carr, Sibierski and Ameobi are top five material. Martins, well, I like the little fella so I can't slate him gratuitously...

We had this debate the other day - who amongst our players would make a top 4 squad - I didn't contribute but I would say Given, Owen and Milner and that's about it

EDIT: Which leaves Butt, Taylor and Martins. Six players of sufficient quality to mount a charge to break into the UEFA Cup slots...

On paper we might have a good squad, unfortunately football isn't played on paper.

Players like Emre, Dyer, Duff, Parker (which is conceivably our strongest midfield for some!) - they might be internationals and have some talent but actually contribute very little. I'm not going to go off the deep end and say they're s****, but they aren't top quality.

Nothing a good manager wouldn't sort out tbh.

I was just thinking if big Sam did come and we did sign Barton, then may as well sign Bellamy and all the other nutters. Go all out for a MEAN MACHINE!

Bellamy and Duncan Fergusson up Top

Bowyer Diouf Barton ect in the midfield.

That Dirty German Arsenal keeper Leaman in goal.

Be like the new Wimbledon full of hard nuts and gobby little bastards from hell! Guaranteed 6 points from Arsenal (just scare em into submission playing like a team possessed)!!!

It'd be entertaining (more so than this season)!!!

I can't agree - I think the four players I mentioned are living off reputation rather than talent.

- Duff had two or three good seasons three years ago

- Parker one good season four years ago (and was a diamond amongst dross last year, thanks to our shite play necessitating a crunching tackler in midfield, his only attribute)

- Emre (who I quite like when he's "on") is astonishingly inconsistent, a homer and a soft touch

- Dyer is easy on the eye but contributes nothing

I can't agree - I think the four players I mentioned are living off reputation rather than talent.

- Parker one good season four years ago (and was a diamond amongst dross last year, thanks to our s**** play necessitating a crunching tackler in midfield, his only attribute)

- Emre (who I quite like when he's "on") is astonishingly inconsistent, a homer and a soft touch

The same could be said about Speed, Anelka, Djorkaeff and Campo before joining Bolton, a good manager can get the best out of any player on his books.

- Parker one good season four years ago (and was a diamond amongst dross last year, thanks to our s**** play necessitating a crunching tackler in midfield, his only attribute)

The same could be said about Speed, Anelka, Djorkaeff and Campo before joining Bolton, a good manager can get the best out of any player on his books.

just adding on from that to "have it" as you put it means that there is talent there to get the best from if you were talking about players that have never had it then I think your right no manger will help.

The guardian are confirming what the Dr said, and probably everyone else will be in the mornings papers.

"Manchester City will sell Joey Barton in the summer after the midfielder put his French team-mate Ousmane Dabo in hospital yesterday with a brutal and prolonged attack at the training ground. Dabo needed treatment for facial cuts after being repeatedly punched in an incident which was witnessed by a group of children who were watching the practice session."

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2070318,00.html

Will never play for the club again apparently.

And no, I don't want him at St James. Not ever, and definately not under Sam Allardyce. I want Gattuso and Klinsmann, but in their absence I'll settle for Roeder and Parker...

ps : what are the odds of Barton being Leeds Utd's glory signing in their efforts to escape League 1, they deserve each other I reckon.

..an incident which was witnessed by a group of children who were watching the practice session."

And not one of the useless fucks recorded it on their phone? Disappointing.

..an incident which was witnessed by a group of children who were watching the practice session."

"Barton happy-slapping horror"

Guest justin99.

That bit of footage would be worth quite a bit.

btw. can someone tell me why Barton has not yet been arrested for this incident???

Dabo: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/2007/05/03/sfnmac03.jpg

btw. can someone tell me why Barton has not yet been arrested for this incident???

I gather he's left the country. And I guess the dibble want to go thru some overly long investigation process first, chance for the Chief Inspector to get on the telly a bit and whatnot...

Dabo or Blofeld?

http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/bsa25/images/Blofeld.jpg

"KILL BARTON.  NOW!"

I gather he's left the country. And I guess the dibble want to go thru some overly long investigation process first, chance for the Chief Inspector to get on the telly a bit and whatnot...

Taking tips off his brother then?

It's not difficult to imagine that Barton would be in jail by now if he wasn't a footballer.

I don't think he will be attractive to buying clubs after his third(?) assault case. Could be the end of his career.

Players like Emre, Dyer, Duff, Parker (which is conceivably our strongest midfield for some!) - they might be internationals and have some talent but actually contribute very little. I'm not going to go off the deep end and say they're s****, but they aren't top quality.

exactly. under Robson we had some real dross, yet we still finished in the top 5 3 times. agree with your point about Allardyce getting the best out of supposedly "past it" players too.

It's not difficult to imagine that Barton would be in jail by now if he wasn't a footballer.

I don't think he will be attractive to buying clubs after his third(?) assault case. Could be the end of his career.

Someone will take a gamble imo.