Pav, Beardo and Taylor talk in tonight

Guest smoggeordie

Distin is better than what we have but still makes the odd error. Having said that I can't claim to have seen that much of him this season, I'll hunt for Dr. Spectrum's opinion in a second, it's bound to be on here somewhere. He's also got a good 5 years+ experience in the Premiership now so that's good.

Sylvain Distin is the in the top 4 centre halves outside the top 4 of the premiership. In the premiership. IMO. If that makes sense.  :uglystupid2:

(The other 3 are King, Yobo and Campbell, what order you wanna put em in is meh)

Yobo is a good player but Lescott is a lot better.

I like Lescott a lot too. But he is new to the league and has spent a lot of time at full back. Personally I don't feel its right to suggest he's better than guys who have been consistently playing well at centre half over a long period in the same way I don't feel right accepting that Woodgate is better than the consistently excellent Distin based on hearsay over his performances for 20 something games.

I really can't believe anyone thinks Distin is anywhere near as good as Woodgate. People are living in a dream world here  :lol: Distin is a solid defender. Woodgate is fucking top class tbh. Better than any defender in the Premiership. Quote me on that as well. The best

Guest SLK

I really can't believe anyone thinks Distin is anywhere near as good as Woodgate. People are living in a dream world here  :lol: Distin is a solid defender. Woodgate is f****** top class tbh. Better than any defender in the Premiership. Quote me on that as well. The best

I was on the same opinion as yours until I saw the three goals Spurs scored against Boro last week...Jonathan stood there like a Bramble...

Guest Darth Toon

I really can't believe anyone thinks Distin is anywhere near as good as Woodgate. People are living in a dream world here  :lol: Distin is a solid defender. Woodgate is f****** top class tbh. Better than any defender in the Premiership. Quote me on that as well. The best

I was on the same opinion as yours until I saw the three goals Spurs scored against Boro last week...Jonathan stood there like a Bramble...

Aye, Woodgate's still quality, but he's not the player he was when we had him - seems to have lost half a yard and always looks to be playing well within himself - probably understandable given most of his body is held together with rubber bands and sticky tape.

Wasn't Lescott involved in the Emre fracas? Seems doubtful he would ever come as long as Emre and possibly Roeder were around.

I wasn't suggesting him for Newcastle mate :lol:

Distin is s****. Error-prone and no sense of positional play. Foreign and crap - young players are what we need. He didnt want to come to us the first time cos he wanted higher wages - tell him to f*** off if he wants to come to us now. We need young players who want to play like Taylor, Milner, Krul, Edgar and to some extent Huntington - not washed up has beens

F*cking hell what a goon. :lol:

Woodgate is/was better player then Distin

Maybe he lost some of the pace he had but nevertheless he is class act.

Anyone thinks Real Madrid would have bought Distin when he was at his best form?

I dont think so.

As far as Distin situation i prefer if we sign Campbell or Hyypia instead of him

They will bring so much more experience into our back 4

Distin is good player but i rate Campbell and Hyypia more.

The only advantage Distin has is that he can play at LB too

I think I would take Distin over Hyypia. I think Woodgate is by far the better player but Distin would be much less of a gamble (in price and the amount of games we are likely to get from him).

I think I would take Distin over Hyypia. I think Woodgate is by far the better player but Distin would be much less of a gamble (in price and the amount of games we are likely to get from him).

Don't forget that Woodgate has signed for Boro as well now Jon.

Don't forget that Woodgate has signed for Boro as well now Jon.

Well yeah I was just saying he would be less of a gamble, obviously one we don't have the option to take but if we did....

p.s. GOOD! :D

Hyypia -  Nonononononono. No.

He might only be 33 but he's been a near ever present in Liverpool's team for getting on for 7 years, and with the amount of games they've played in Europe and the cups during recent times...what, 60+ games a season, there's a whole load of miles in those legs. I bet he can barely walk nowadays. I just look at Hamann - he's only a couple of months older than Hyypia and he is well fucked...for us he usually does absolutely nothing but do a crap job of chasing shadows for an hour then comes off so out of puff his lungs are pouring out of his nostrils. Abysmal signing for us, can't help but feel Hyypia will be the same for whatever mug wants him. IMO, stay well clear - he is more than likely finished.

He might only be 33 but he's been a near ever present in Liverpool's team for getting on for 7 years, and with the amount of games they've played in Europe and the cups during recent times...what, 60+ games a season, there's a whole load of miles in those legs. I bet he can barely walk nowadays. I just look at Hamann - he's only a couple of months older than Hyypia and he is well f*****...for us he usually does absolutely nothing but do a crap job of chasing shadows for an hour then comes off so out of puff his lungs are pouring out of his nostrils. Abysmal signing for us, can't help but feel Hyypia will be the same for whatever mug wants him. IMO, stay well clear - he is more than likely finished.

Hyypia was a great player in his prime but he's garbage now.

Hamann has been suprisingly crap for City. Although he's a big smoker as well as being old so maybe I shouldn't have been so suprised.

Players can improve. Distin will need to have because i don't have many good memories from last time.

Might be decent as the LUMP playing alongside an intelligent CB.

That wouldn't be Taylor imo.

Players can improve. Distin will need to have because i don't have many good memories from last time.

If we are gonna sign a central defender we need to sign an experienced one to partner Taylor and help bring the massive potential out of him, not one to replace him in the team.

If we are gonna sign a central defender we need to sign an experienced one to partner Taylor and help bring the massive potential out of him, not one to replace him in the team.

Um, my point was that i don't remember Distin being the player who could bring the potential out of anybody. Rather i remember him as a player who needs a smart defender alongside him.

IMO Taylor is not good enough to cover another eejit's lapses of concentration.

Also dispute the notion the Taylor has 'Massive potetial' tbh.

Surely though if there's the chance of getting two centre-backs who are better than Taylor, then get them?! No room for sentiments man.

Thats true but it depends how good these 2 defenders are. If you can find two brilliant centre backs who would come to us then fair enough snap them up. If you are looking at the likes of Distin though i think we would be a lot better keeping Taylor in the team cos in the long run he can be a top defender and much better than Distin imo.

Sylvain Distin is not a lump. He is an intelligent, classy performer. He has picked up the grand total of one card this season - Booked at Reading - And that was only from when Leroy Lita went down like a complete sissy holding his face after a perfectly legitimate arm across the chest. You've got it the wrong way round...Richard Dunne is a lump, and he compliments Distin well in the main. Can Taylor learn to be as good a lump as Richard Dunne?  :parky:

Sylvain Distin is not a lump. He is an intelligent, classy performer. He has picked up the grand total of one card this season - Booked at Reading - And that was only from when Leroy Lita went down like a complete sissy holding his face after a perfectly legitimate arm across the chest. You've got it the wrong way round...Richard Dunne is a lump, and he compliments Distin well in the main. Can Taylor learn to be as good a lump as Richard Dunne?   :parky:

I did qualify it with 'from what i remember.'

I haven't watched him much since he left us so i can't judge him properly now, which is what i said.

I'm sure he's a big improvement on Ramage/Bramble/Huntington if your opinion of him is only half right ;-)

Can't say i'm too sure on Hypiia myself... He's very experienced yes - but he is a bit too high up in the age bracket, seeing as he'll be 34 come the end of next season. And has he not been that good for Liverpool recently?

He might only be 33 but he's been a near ever present in Liverpool's team for getting on for 7 years, and with the amount of games they've played in Europe and the cups during recent times...what, 60+ games a season, there's a whole load of miles in those legs. I bet he can barely walk nowadays. I just look at Hamann - he's only a couple of months older than Hyypia and he is well f*****...for us he usually does absolutely nothing but do a crap job of chasing shadows for an hour then comes off so out of puff his lungs are pouring out of his nostrils. Abysmal signing for us, can't help but feel Hyypia will be the same for whatever mug wants him. IMO, stay well clear - he is more than likely finished.

Hyypia was a great player in his prime but he's garbage now.

Hamann has been suprisingly crap for City. Although he's a big smoker as well as being old so maybe I shouldn't have been so suprised.

Hamann cost only 400k, so it wasn't really a waste of money. Dabo was a free transfer too.

I don't think Hyppia would play well for us (if he were to come) cos he is now old and slow. But surely his immense experience would help Taylor a lot.