Who is the most overrated player in Europe?

Guest nufc_geordie

1. Wayne Rooney- Good player and alot better than what is at our club but has failed to set the world alight.

2. Arjen Robben- Can't remember the last time Robben impressed me, expect him to be sold in the summer.

3. Cesc Fabregas- Wank,wank,wank. Good passer but his lack of tackles or goals makes him way over rated.

3 best in the world:

1. Gattuso

2. Kaka

3. Ronaldo

I struggle to believe anyone playing in a CL semi-final is over-rated. To have Rooney over rated after scoring two goals in a CL semi seems a bit strange.

Over rated has to be JJ. That he is in an England squad seems bizarre. What set of injuries would get him into starting position ?

Scott Parker is over rated. Again to be on the fringes of the England squad yet seemingly unable to dominate a Premiership game, just doesn't stack up.

Any player who gets the label  of "intelligent". Just means they are slow, and occasionally get a good pass in.

Guest alex

Gattuso :lol: Tell me that's a piss-take.

He is class.

In the world's top 3 though? Howay man.

Guest Gemmill

1. Steven Taylor

2. Frank Lampard

3. Oba Martins

Steven Taylor? If you'd said that a few months ago, I could understand it (a bit), but now?

My choices -

1. Cristiano Ronaldo - he's a very good player, but he's still got a fair bit to learn about when to keep and when to release the ball. Not anywhere near the best in the world yet.

2. Michael Owen - again, a good player who poses a threat, but he hasn't lived up to the reputation that he built up in the early stages of his career.

3. David Beckham - not sure how you'd define his reputation right now, but I have never known a footballer where the gap between his standing in the game and his actual ability was so huge.

Oh no don't dare say such a thing, the posse will round on you now.

Maybe I'm being a bit reactive. I just thought he played like a great big egotistical jerk last night. Whereas Paul Scholes - who really should have been Footballer of the Year - gave a magnificent performance in a midfield that was being overrun.

Don't worry mate I'm firmly in your corner and stand by everything that I've originally said about Ronaldo when he's up against top class opposition and last night proved it again.

He clearly wasn't fit tbh.

1. Steven Taylor

2. Frank Lampard

3. Oba Martins

Steven Taylor? If you'd said that a few months ago, I could understand it (a bit), but now?

My choices -

1. Cristiano Ronaldo - he's a very good player, but he's still got a fair bit to learn about when to keep and when to release the ball. Not anywhere near the best in the world yet.

2. Michael Owen - again, a good player who poses a threat, but he hasn't lived up to the reputation that he built up in the early stages of his career.

3. David Beckham - not sure how you'd define his reputation right now, but I have never known a footballer where the gap between his standing in the game and his actual ability was so huge.

Oh no don't dare say such a thing, the posse will round on you now.

Maybe I'm being a bit reactive. I just thought he played like a great big egotistical jerk last night. Whereas Paul Scholes - who really should have been Footballer of the Year - gave a magnificent performance in a midfield that was being overrun.

Don't worry mate I'm firmly in your corner and stand by everything that I've originally said about Ronaldo when he's up against top class opposition and last night proved it again.

He clearly wasn't fit tbh.

Also all of the other big games he has done nothing in? not fit then as well. Last night proved when he's against top class opposition and they suss him out he just looses his rag like he did towards the end as he cannot get past such players with ease like he can against most teams over here.

don't get me started on Totti.. he's a legend, the same way Shearer is..

nowadays you don't see many players spending their whole careers at their favorite club, because they don't want to play for anybody else for whatever salary or trophies..

and most importantly, he's still world class.. he didn't have the best of world cups last year, but you may want to check who is the current top goalscorer in Serie A.. he was also the assist leader a couple games ago..

Totti is a playmaker, but unlike other similar players, he made a transition to a more offensive role as he got older and is usually playing as a lone striker for Roma the last couple of seasons and still manages to play as good as ever..

I'm suprised Clarence Seedorf's name hasn't come up yet. I've always liked him but he normally seems to be one of the leading contenders for this dubious honour whenever this topic gets a mention. People been turned around by the performances against Manure? Or has he just been forgotten and will now make everyone who posts after this' top 3. :uglystupid2:

Proved he doesn't play that well when he's carrying an injury for me.

Ah right so he's carried an injury in all of those games he's played against Chelsea and Liverpool and not done anything as well, fair point.  O0

I'm suprised Clarence Seedorf's name hasn't come up yet. I've always liked him but he normally seems to be one of the leading contenders for this dubious honour whenever this topic gets a mention. People been turned around by the performances against Manure? Or has he just been forgotten and will now make everyone who posts after this' top 3. :uglystupid2:

"What do Clarence Seedorf and Pete Doherty have in common? They both get caught in possession an awful lot." :lol:

[/James Richardson]

Gattuso :lol: Tell me that's a piss-take.

He is class.

In the world's top 3 though? Howay man.

Suppose it depends what you look for in a player. He is certainly one of the best at what he does even if he doesn't fit the top 3 in the world category.

Gattuso is my type of player. I've always been a fan of tough central midfielders like him and Keane. It's all well and good having your flair players but it's the Gattusos who balance the world up.

Think Cannavaro is/was awesome aswell.

Gattuso is my type of player. I've always been a fan of tough central midfielders like him and Keane. It's all well and good having your flair players but it's the Gattusos who balance the world up.

Ditto, give me a Gatusso or a David Batty over a Kaka or Ginola anyday.

Guest teepee

I think people need 'overrated' defined tbh.

I agree.

as do i!

typical - slate-the-players-i-dont-like attitude in this thread

people on here are forking clueless

i have seen Ronaldo, EPL player of the year, awesome world cup apparently the most overrated player in europe.

seen Totti, who carries the Roma team pretty much

and top it all off, one of the most underrated player in Europe Andrea Pirlo on the lists...

who was man of the man in 3 of Italy's WC run, bronze ball winner and has absolutely astute football brain and is the supply line, and temp settter for Kaka.

Guest kingdawson

The Over-rated players list

1) Fernando Torres

2) Anrea Pirlo

3) Fat Face Frank

4) Michael Owen

5) Francesco Totti

6) Deco

7) ibrahimovic

8. John Terry

9) Jamie Carragher (Though he was exceptional against Chelsea)

10) Cesc Fabregash

10) Jens Lemon

Guest alex

The Over-rated players list

1) Fernando Torres

2) Anrea Pirlo

3) Fat Face Frank

4) Michael Owen

5) Francesco Totti

6) Deco

7) John Terry

8. Jamie Carragher (Though he was exceptional against Chelsea)

9) Cesc Fabregash

10) Jens Lemon

How old are you btw? :lol: