Newcastle 0 - 2 Blackburn Rovers - Post Match Thoughts

James

come on then. where are the fans who wanted to give Glenn next season, or the ones who thought Shambles was good enough?

glenn roeder picked the wrong players, formation and tactics. because he's f****** awful. anyone who stayed and applauded at the end is an idiot.

i'll hold my hands up and say i was in favour of giving him a bit of time but i'm converted, he's a fucken clown

one of the things that i thought was in his favour was that he either didn't have cash to spend or didn't want to pish it away on more garbage...thought he was being hung out to dry to a degree by shepherd on transfers

be that as it may (or may not be) nothing excuses the utter inability to get a team playing football - it's all too much like souness where the faults for every defeat were nothing to do with him, totally ignoring the fact that it's his job to get the best out of the players available, not piss and moan about the ones missing

i mean were would reading/sheff utd etc.. be if all they did was complain about players they didn't have?  not in the premier league that's where, and neither will we if this continues

get him oooooooooooooooooooot

come on then. where are the fans who wanted to give Glenn next season, or the ones who thought Shambles was good enough?

glenn roeder picked the wrong players, formation and tactics. because he's f****** awful. anyone who stayed and applauded at the end is an idiot.

i'll hold my hands up and say i was in favour of giving him a bit of time but i'm converted, he's a fucken clown

one of the things that i thought was in his favour was that he either didn't have cash to spend or didn't want to pish it away on more garbage...thought he was being hung out to dry to a degree by shepherd on transfers

be that as it may (or may not be) nothing excuses the utter inability to get a team playing football - it's all too much like souness where the faults for every defeat were nothing to do with him, totally ignoring the fact that it's his job to get the best out of the players available, not piss and moan about the ones missing

i mean were would reading/sheff utd etc.. be if all they did was complain about players they didn't have?  not in the premier league that's where, and neither will we if this continues

So you've changed your mind in the last few days?

So you've changed your mind in the last few days?

last week or so, thought it through aye

previously i'd been of the opinion that we'd be better keeping him unless someone top class came available but really, thinking about what i've watched when he's been in charge i just can't justify that any more

not sure if he ever had the plot but if he did one things for sure, he's totally lost it...on the pitch, off the pitch, in his head, everywhere...

come on then. where are the fans who wanted to give Glenn next season, or the ones who thought Shambles was good enough? glenn roeder picked the wrong players, formation and tactics. because he's fucking awful. anyone who stayed and applauded at the end is an idiot.

I never wanted GR, I wanted Sam.

I do think Bramble is good enough as a SQUAD PLAYER and have said this all along.  Take yesterday for example, I was in the chatroom, the goal goes in certain members say its Brambles fault.  I said nothing and waited until MOTD. There I clearly saw Nobby,Carr were pushed out, Bramble stepped up to join the rest of the team and Gooch played him onside.  Its been the same for ages now, always Brambles fault regardless. That is not me dismissing Brambles howlers.  Bramble goes off and Ramage/Gooch are a complete farce.

Moore and Gooch going. Carr and Baba need to go before anyone.  That leaves Hunty and Edgar both probably going out on loan as they aren`t good enough to not have thier careers ruined by making mistakes along the learning curve. Ramage.....joke defender, he is old enough now to be showing something but isn`t.

That leaves only Taylor who is a typical up and coming defender. A string of good games followed by a string of poor games. That will go in time, something we don`t really have.

We have a better defensive record than teams above us. I am a firm believer that our problems stem from a piss poor manager and an inability to hold the ball up long enough to bring the midfielders into attacking play. Also we can`t string 1 pass together let alone 2-3. We still have the midget problem we had 2 years ago where we get out muscled and out jumped.  We can`t score, we havn`t scored for 8 hours yet the defense still get the blame ? How many of those games have been lost by an odd goal and how many draws could have been wins if we could find the net with the chances we had before it broke down in the final third.

If I lived in fantasy world with some on here I would be saying yes replace the whole defense with 8 new ones better than we have but that isn`t going to happen.  The Bramble out crew are either saying they are happy with Ramage ( Gooch and Moore going remember ) as back up over Bramble or are fully expecting us to go out and buy someone to partner Taylor, a new RB and LB aswell as cover for every position in the back four.

man, we've been playing the exactly same way for the whole season.. and it has occurred to you that Roeder is a clown just last week?

who, me?

obviously not no but i'm willing to admit my mistake; suppose i wanted to like the guy as much as anything else & hoped he'd turn it around but he just ain't gonna do it

plus i was, and still am to a degree, sick to fuck of our seemingly constant merry-go-round of managers and wasted money and wanted to see an end to that

bramble is not good enough to be a squad player as he is not good enough to play in the first team if required.

the fact that the other centre backs are also shit doesn't mean that suddenly bramble is worth keeping.

he is simply not a premiership player. never will be.

bramble is not good enough to be a squad player as he is not good enough to play in the first team if required.

the fact that the other centre backs are also shit doesn't mean that suddenly bramble is worth keeping.

So you believe that we can bring in eight defenders in the summer or are you happy with Ramage?

So you believe that we can bring in eight defenders in the summer or are you happy with Ramage?

here we go again. right, i'll try again- the fact that Ramage is not good enough does NOT somehow make Shambles good enough. not in any way shape or form.

shambles lack of ability is not caused by, linked to or mitigated by Ramage being rubbish as well. as a matter of urgency we need a left back and centre back. preferably two centres, and a right back as well.

but don't tell me we should keep a player who is NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THIS DIVISION , just because a backup player is also not good enough. cos thats the kind of pathetic wank that keeps shit like carr, baba, moore and ameobi here.

One of the most enthusiastic people clapping at the end was a woman with "Ramage" on the back of her shirt.  Also saw some lad after the match with Dyer 8 on the back of his brand new top.  The mind boggles.

the fact that the other centre backs are also s*** doesn't mean that suddenly bramble is worth keeping.

here we go again. right, i'll try again- the fact that Ramage is not good enough does NOT somehow make Shambles good enough. not in any way shape or form.

shambles lack of ability is not caused by, linked to or mitigated by Ramage being rubbish as well. as a matter of urgency we need a left back and centre back. preferably two centres, and a right back as well.

but don't tell me we should keep a player who is NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THIS DIVISION , just because a backup player is also not good enough. cos thats the kind of pathetic w*** that keeps s*** like carr, baba, moore and ameobi here.

one thing we DO need is a manager with the balls to actually do something about this situation eh?  you're right that shambles, moore, ramage are not good enough and i'd add to that dyer, luque, ameobi (perhaps), sib, carr, baba

i'd like, for once, someone to come in as a manager and just say "you're fucken out son, not good enough, i don't need anymore time to assess you as i've watched you play like shite for the last 5 years"...get rid of the lot of them then start rebuilding

enough of this piecemeal shit

you're right about sib, and ameobi should definately be in there. he's a terrible player. like shambles, he has no place in she premiership.

dyer isn't shite , but anyone who thinks he's worth his salary, or a top player, is a mental.

Guest mishka17

out of words to express this shite they called "football match performed by Newcastle" ... I can't stand Roeders intervievs or announcments. denying himself all the time... last season he said that "no more long balls from defence to attackers, we will play attractive and effective football"....and some times last season under him we did... everybody expected a good season...and this shite happends....then he said that he won't use injuries as an excuse...recently he said that with so many injuries he couldn't do better.... i hate him more than souness

Guest sicko2ndbest

Footage of the protest

also chants of Big Sams Black and White army which are not heard

out of words to express this shite they called "football match performed by Newcastle" ... I can't stand Roeders intervievs or announcments. denying himself all the time... last season he said that "no more long balls from defence to attackers, we will play attractive and effective football"....and some times last season under him we did... everybody expected a good season...and this shite happends....then he said that he won't use injuries as an excuse...recently he said that with so many injuries he couldn't do better.... i hate him more than souness

Boumsong. 8m.

Luque. 10m.

Amdy Faye. 2m.

Getting a grip? Priceless.

Guest mishka17

fact, but souness was stupid...just stupid - as for glenn, he was supposed to be the one who will change ways in newcastle, to make thing happend, made a lot of promises ... and now we all see what's happenin.....in one thing roeder was better than souness for whole season-souness paid a lot of cash for shit players (boumsong, luque) and roeder did nearly the same, but loaned them, not spent almoust 20 mlns (gooch, rossi)

the fact that the other centre backs are also s*** doesn't mean that suddenly bramble is worth keeping.

but don't tell me we should keep a player who is NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THIS DIVISION , just because a backup player is also not good enough. cos thats the kind of pathetic w*** that keeps s*** like carr, baba, moore and ameobi here.

one thing we DO need is a manager with the balls to actually do something about this situation eh?  you're right that shambles, moore, ramage are not good enough and i'd add to that dyer, luque, ameobi (perhaps), sib, carr, baba

i'd like, for once, someone to come in as a manager and just say "you're fucken out son, not good enough, i don't need anymore time to assess you as i've watched you play like shite for the last 5 years"...get rid of the lot of them then start rebuilding

enough of this piecemeal shit

You are completely and utterly missing the point ! I could write it in capitals maybe that will help ?

WE HAVE NOT GOT ENOUGH PLAYERS TO COPE WITH THE LEVEL OF INJURIES WE ALWAYS GET.  WE HAVE TO KEEP SOME OF THE NOT GOOD ENOUGH PLAYERS AS OUR SQUAD IS TOO SMALL AS IT IS. WE ARE NOT CHELSEA, WE HAVE TO HAVE BACK UP PLAYERS THAT AREN`T PREMIERSHIP STARS. WHAT PLANET ARE YOU LIVING ON THINKING WE CAN BRING IN ENOUGH NEW PLAYERS IN ONE TRANSFER WINDOW TO REPLACE AND ADD TOO THE PLAYERS PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT GITTING RID OF.

My point is Bramble is the best of the worst that aren`t leaving anyway. Why keep Ramage if Bramble would be happy with a new squad player contract.  Don`t come back with he is shite as we all know this and that isn`t answering the question. 

Simple would you rather keep Ramage or Bramble ?

One other question, do you think in one window we can replace and add to the following with better players

Moore

Bramble

Carr

Baba

Gooch

Luque

Edgar - Loan

Zoggy - If he goes like it seems

Dyer - If he goes like people want

Ameobi - People want out

Sibierski - People want out

Parker - Not good enough according to alot on here

Emre - Supposedly going

Even replacing the top 9 listed above and adding to our small squad is near impossible.

i'd like, for once, someone to come in as a manager and just say "you're fucken out son, not good enough, i don't need anymore time to assess you as i've watched you play like s**** for the last 5 years"...get rid of the lot of them then start rebuilding

enough of this piecemeal s***

You are completely and utterly missing the point ! I could write it in capitals maybe that will help ?

WE HAVE NOT GOT ENOUGH PLAYERS TO COPE WITH THE LEVEL OF INJURIES WE ALWAYS GET.  WE HAVE TO KEEP SOME OF THE NOT GOOD ENOUGH PLAYERS AS OUR SQUAD IS TOO SMALL AS IT IS. WE ARE NOT CHELSEA, WE HAVE TO HAVE BACK UP PLAYERS THAT AREN`T PREMIERSHIP STARS. WHAT PLANET ARE YOU LIVING ON THINKING WE CAN BRING IN ENOUGH NEW PLAYERS IN ONE TRANSFER WINDOW TO REPLACE AND ADD TOO THE PLAYERS PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT GITTING RID OF.

My point is Bramble is the best of the worst that aren`t leaving anyway. Why keep Ramage if Bramble would be happy with a new squad player contract.  Don`t come back with he is s**** as we all know this and that isn`t answering the question. 

One other question, do you think in one window we can replace and add to the following with better players

Moore

Bramble

Carr

Baba

Gooch

Luque

Edgar - Loan

Ameobi - People want out

Emre - Supposedly going

Even replacing the top 9 listed above and adding to our small squad is near impossible.

are you supposed to be addressing me?

to answer your question bramble or ramage, then bramble, agreed

as for your list of players i'll do the following without too much forthought:

Moore - get ben haim on a free

Bramble - get Distin on a free

Carr - sign replacement, lets say 5m max for a competent player

Baba - sign replacement, lets say 5m max for a competent player

Gooch - replaced by huntington in the squad

Luque - doesn't exist anyway but let's say give lua lua/troisi a shout

Edgar - don't fucken loan him out, man, new manager remember

Zoggy - don't let him leave, new manager remember

Dyer - we'd get some type of fee and a huge boost to the wage bill

Ameobi - replace with carroll, although i wouldn't let him go

Sibierski - meh, either way who cares, stay or go he's cheap

Parker - would command 5m+ fee and replaced by sidwell free anyhow

Emre - would command 5m+ fee to sign replacement

so without much thought we've signed 2 good CB's for nothing other than wages and signing on fees and lost 2 that weren't good enough

signed sidwell for nowt and raked in 5m+ for parker

sold emre for 5m+ and used the money to sign a replacement

spent 10m max on 2 good fullbacks

then we've put some faith in youth about the squad

net spend 5m - it's impossible is it?  spend another 10m and you could add 2 good attacking players to that

all total bollocks like but don't tell me anything is impossible

i'd like, for once, someone to come in as a manager and just say "you're fucken out son, not good enough, i don't need anymore time to assess you as i've watched you play like s**** for the last 5 years"...get rid of the lot of them then start rebuilding

enough of this piecemeal s***

My point is Bramble is the best of the worst that aren`t leaving anyway. Why keep Ramage if Bramble would be happy with a new squad player contract.  Don`t come back with he is s**** as we all know this and that isn`t answering the question. 

Moore

Bramble

Carr

Baba

Gooch

Luque

Edgar - Loan

Ameobi - People want out

Emre - Supposedly going

are you supposed to be addressing me?

to answer your question bramble or ramage, then bramble, agreed

as for your list of players i'll do the following without too much forthought:

Moore - get ben haim on a free

Bramble - get Distin on a free

Carr - sign replacement, lets say 5m max for a competent player

Baba - sign replacement, lets say 5m max for a competent player

Gooch - replaced by huntington in the squad

Luque - doesn't exist anyway but let's say give lua lua/troisi a shout

Edgar - don't fucken loan him out, man, new manager remember

Zoggy - don't let him leave, new manager remember

Dyer - we'd get some type of fee and a huge boost to the wage bill

Ameobi - replace with carroll, although i wouldn't let him go

Sibierski - meh, either way who cares, stay or go he's cheap

Parker - would command 5m+ fee and replaced by sidwell free anyhow

Emre - would command 5m+ fee to sign replacement

so without much thought we've signed 2 good CB's for nothing other than wages and signing on fees and lost 2 that weren't good enough

signed sidwell for nowt and raked in 5m+ for parker

sold emre for 5m+ and used the money to sign a replacement

spent 10m max on 2 good fullbacks

then we've put some faith in youth about the squad

net spend 5m - it's impossible is it?  spend another 10m and you could add 2 good attacking players to that

all total bollocks like but don't tell me anything is impossible

Sorry it was more towards NM as he didn`t answer the question, but seems like a good answer from you.  My problem being ok in theory your saying its possible. First you have to identify the players that will fit in, that are avalible or want a move to us. Then you have to outbid any other club down south that might want the player. Then you have to be able to get said player at no extra cost that is supposedly better. We also need to get squad players as you have said that Bramble and Ramage aren`t good enough squad players. If you use Edgar and Hunty ( Birmingham 5-1) to cover injuries at CB then again its a repeat of this season unless they suddenly transform into good players close season.  How much they would cost is debatable.  What happens when our new RB and LB get injured ? No cover again. Zoggy will probably leave regardless of the new manager tbh. He has no commitment to NUFC, i`m sure if a big club came for him or mid table down south he would go regardless.

edit. Once you get the clubs to agree on the 8-10 replacements you then have to get the players to agree contracts too.  These players also would have to have been scouted as we don`t want any rush buys like Souness - Luque - Boumsong.

as cover, i'd not keep shambles or damage. i'd keep the kids, buy two central defenders if possible, then we have 3 first teamers, i.e. one on the bench. and edgar etc as bench cover if needed, and continue their development.

to keep shambles would be to accept that its ok to be shite, as long as you can fool people into thinking slow and shit is good enough.

Its all well and good saying get rid of him and buy him, but football is not as straight forward. The things that will probably happen this summer, at Newcastle, is:

N. Solano and A. Sibierski sign new one year deals.

A. O'Brien, K. Gate, O. Onyewu (back to Standard then to a European club), C. Moore (back to Australia or to Qatar), O.Bernard and P.Cave leave the club.

S. Sidwell joins on July 1st on a free.

T. Bramble joins Portsmouth on July 1st on a free.

C. N'Zogbia leaves Newcastle, as does A. Luque to PSV on loan (already confirmed - Chronicle).