For those who think we need a full back before forwards

NE5

Isn't it obvious we need defenders and midfielders every bit as much as we need strikers?!

We haven't score in fucking ages, mainly because we've only had one fit striker capable of scoring goals all season, with Owen and Ameobi still short of match fitness the situation still hasn't got any better, next season we need another striker to boost the ranks in case injury hits us again.

Our midfield is absolutely shocking, are we the only team in the Premiership that play 2 holding men?! wouldn't surprise me if we were, on top of that Dyer is offering fuck all, N'Zogbia is average and massively overrated, Duff was a waste of money and Emre is always injured, Milner is the only bright spark from an attacking point of view from midfield and we've treated the lad like shit.

Then we get on to our defense, the only good defender we have is Taylor and he has more bad games than good, Ramage, Gooch, Babayaro, Carr and Moore are possibly the worst group of defenders in the league, our problems have been made worse by Bramble thinking he's Pirlo or something capable of pinging 70 yard balls about the place, only to give it away and put us straight back under pressure, the worst thing is he's been doing it for four fucking years! Our only bright spark has been Solano and he isn't even a defender, his lack of pace will soon be exposed if he's at right back next season.

As Gemmill said this club is in a shocking state, no coaching or tactics have gone into this team which is why we're getting shown up against the likes of Reading, Birmingham, Portsmouth etc and buying a striker, midfielder or defender would only paper over the cracks for so long.

Btw it's typical NE5 to ignore all this mess was brought on by Shepherd appointing two of the worst managers the Premiership has ever seen, both managers he backed in the beginning, and try and use the whole shambles as a point scoring exercise to try and make out he was right again.

Now if you don't mind I'm off to watch Arsenal vs Chelsea, two decent teams worth watching.

typical of Baggio and his ilk to think that the current board have ruined all the decades of trophies and success we had before they took control. Those were the days when we always appointed trophy winning managers, kept all our best players, bought all the top players at the right price at the right time and never made a bad signing, ever.

What exactly is the point you're making here? I can't see it.

Can you explain how your reply to Baggio's post challenges anything in his post (which I thought was a lucidly descriptive and incisively critical post, by the way)?

I'm surprised you ask this. Because you aren't an idiot like some people on here, and the majority of people who post on toonspastic.

The simple fact is that the post by Baggio is a typical comment he makes, as he constantly appears to lack a grasp of reality, in that he thinks that every other club except NUFC have DOF's, appoint perfect managers, buy the right players for the right fees at the right time, and win loads of trophies as a result.

So take the comment as you find it, which basically is a well deserved piss take.

At the end of the day, only 4 clubs have qualified for europe more than us over the past decade, which in a nutshell makes his apparent view that Newcastle United cannot do anything right, and all the other top clubs do things better than we do, all the time, to be an absolute and complete load of bollocks.

Unless of course you can produce some league positions, and facts to show this to be incorrect.

The comment "2 of the worst managers the premiership has seen" is typical of the bollocks he has posted, which i replied to. For starters, count how many clubs have finished below us in the last few years. And consider the fact, that some of his chums on toonspastic backed one of these "worst managers the premiership has seen" for the changes he made at the club until the day he left, and STILL  insist he was right to make such changes.

I think you ought to really be challenging such inconsistent and daft views mate, rather than picking up on an actual factual statement by me

Dont you agree that the last 2 managers shouldnt have been given the job?

Dont you agree that our club has gone massively backwards after the sacking of SBR?

Dont you agree that it was Shepherd's fault that he hired Souness at the time and backed him with alot of money?

I think Baggio is blaming Shepherd for the time after the sacking of SBR not before that.

Because after that started the regression of Newcastle United Football Club

thats quite a lot of questions from someone who has yet to reply as to which angle he views the action that he bases his view of the team on ?

Despite being asked by 3 different posters.

Thats a lot of avoiding too :D

Isn't it obvious we need defenders and midfielders every bit as much as we need strikers?!

We haven't score in fucking ages, mainly because we've only had one fit striker capable of scoring goals all season, with Owen and Ameobi still short of match fitness the situation still hasn't got any better, next season we need another striker to boost the ranks in case injury hits us again.

Our midfield is absolutely shocking, are we the only team in the Premiership that play 2 holding men?! wouldn't surprise me if we were, on top of that Dyer is offering fuck all, N'Zogbia is average and massively overrated, Duff was a waste of money and Emre is always injured, Milner is the only bright spark from an attacking point of view from midfield and we've treated the lad like shit.

Then we get on to our defense, the only good defender we have is Taylor and he has more bad games than good, Ramage, Gooch, Babayaro, Carr and Moore are possibly the worst group of defenders in the league, our problems have been made worse by Bramble thinking he's Pirlo or something capable of pinging 70 yard balls about the place, only to give it away and put us straight back under pressure, the worst thing is he's been doing it for four fucking years! Our only bright spark has been Solano and he isn't even a defender, his lack of pace will soon be exposed if he's at right back next season.

As Gemmill said this club is in a shocking state, no coaching or tactics have gone into this team which is why we're getting shown up against the likes of Reading, Birmingham, Portsmouth etc and buying a striker, midfielder or defender would only paper over the cracks for so long.

Btw it's typical NE5 to ignore all this mess was brought on by Shepherd appointing two of the worst managers the Premiership has ever seen, both managers he backed in the beginning, and try and use the whole shambles as a point scoring exercise to try and make out he was right again.

Now if you don't mind I'm off to watch Arsenal vs Chelsea, two decent teams worth watching.

typical of Baggio and his ilk to think that the current board have ruined all the decades of trophies and success we had before they took control. Those were the days when we always appointed trophy winning managers, kept all our best players, bought all the top players at the right price at the right time and never made a bad signing, ever.

Can you explain how your reply to Baggio's post challenges anything in his post (which I thought was a lucidly descriptive and incisively critical post, by the way)?

I'm surprised you ask this. Because you aren't an idiot like some people on here, and the majority of people who post on toonspastic.

The simple fact is that the post by Baggio is a typical comment he makes, as he constantly appears to lack a grasp of reality, in that he thinks that every other club except NUFC have DOF's, appoint perfect managers, buy the right players for the right fees at the right time, and win loads of trophies as a result.

So take the comment as you find it, which basically is a well deserved piss take.

At the end of the day, only 4 clubs have qualified for europe more than us over the past decade, which in a nutshell makes his apparent view that Newcastle United cannot do anything right, and all the other top clubs do things better than we do, all the time, to be an absolute and complete load of bollocks.

Unless of course you can produce some league positions, and facts to show this to be incorrect.

The comment "2 of the worst managers the premiership has seen" is typical of the bollocks he has posted, which i replied to. For starters, count how many clubs have finished below us in the last few years. And consider the fact, that some of his chums on toonspastic backed one of these "worst managers the premiership has seen" for the changes he made at the club until the day he left, and STILL  insist he was right to make such changes.

I think you ought to really be challenging such inconsistent and daft views mate, rather than picking up on an actual factual statement by me

Dont you agree that our club has gone massively backwards after the sacking of SBR?

Dont you agree that it was Shepherd's fault that he hired Souness at the time and backed him with alot of money?

I think Baggio is blaming Shepherd for the time after the sacking of SBR not before that.

thats quite a lot of questions from someone who has yet to reply as to which angle he views the action that he bases his view of the team on ?

Im watching newcastle united games on TV so what...

Alot of people on this forum cant attend every newcastle game and watch the team on the stadium

And to reply about the question you and the others asked me.

No i havent watched the game against Blackburn

But i watched enough games this season to make my conclusion that our defence is shocking and its in this condition for quite a long time.Yes we need another striker but we need defenders urgently.

So can you answer my questions now:

1.Dont you agree that the last 2 managers shouldnt have been given the job?

2.Dont you agree that our club has gone massively backwards after the sacking of SBR?

3.Dont you agree that it was Shepherd's fault that he hired Souness at the time and backed him with alot of money?

4.Why do you think in the last 2 games we played we didnt score goals although we played with Martins and Owen?

5.Are they not good enough strikers for you and you want someone else?

Please im waiting for you answers on all questions

Thats a lot of avoiding too :D

they have been answered many times. It is obvious that his knowledge of the history of this board is the same as his knowledge of the history of the club. Have you seen that link I gave you about editing posts or do you still not understand it

Im watching newcastle united games on TV so what...

Alot of people on this forum cant attend every newcastle game and watch the team on the stadium

And to reply about the question you and the others asked me.

No i havent watched the game against Blackburn

But i watched enough games this season to make my conclusion that our defence is shocking and its in this condition for quite a long time.Yes we need another striker but we need defenders urgently.

So can you answer my questions now:

1.Dont you agree that the last 2 managers shouldnt have been given the job?

2.Dont you agree that our club has gone massively backwards after the sacking of SBR?

3.Dont you agree that it was Shepherd's fault that he hired Souness at the time and backed him with alot of money?

4.Why do you think in the last 2 games we played we didnt score goals although we played with Martins and Owen?

5.Are they not good enough strikers for you and you want someone else?

Please im waiting for you answers on all questions

1. with hindsight, Roeder was not a good choice but he did well initially and the principle of appointing ex captains and players to manage your club, and promoting people from youth and reserve teams, has been taken by every club in the country at some stage.

2. The club has not finished 5th since Bobby Robson went, no, but they were 7th last season, and I think you should learn to look at the bigger picture and try to understand how important a manager is. You mean the "team", not the "club", because it is the same club.

3. No. It is the board as a whole. Nobody makes these decisions alone. And the majority of people on this message board - and others - actually backed his spending spree, which I did not.

4. I'm not bothered about the last 2 games, I have seen the picture all season long. A season is 38 games. I have said on many occasions that Martins blows hot and cold and I'm far from convinced of him, and also that he and Owen will not be a good partnership.

5. See answer 4

answer the fucking questions

if you don't bugger off and stay out of responding to me, I'll post that pathetic pm you just sent me

wrong

no I'm not. And you shouldn't send childish pm's, would you like me to post it, although its so pathetic there's not really much point. How old are you

wrong

Do you have any opinions on football in general or on Newcastle United in particular, or do you just post spam?

oh, i have some.. i just think it's pointless debating with spambots on Shepherd's payroll, so i keep it short and simple

wrong

Do you have any opinions on football in general or on Newcastle United in particular, or do you just post spam?

oh, i have some.. i just think it's pointless debating with spambots on Shepherd's payroll, so i keep it short and simple

Easy way out there, then.

Methinks you don't have the ability to construct any kind of reasonable argument worthy of debate. Doesn't bother me, tbh.

As I said, nobody is claiming the Board has made no mistakes, all that is being highlighted is the reality rather than the "head in the sand" and  frankly rather childish approach of only being able to see the mistakes since the appointment of Souness.

It's ironic that the people slating the Board nowadays, and also slating both myself and NE5 for pointing out the reality are the very same people who at the time supported the Souness destruction of the team.

i insist

well...

for the mods, Dave etc.....does this carry a ban ?

Its embarrassing for the lad mind and pretty stupid  ;D

it's just four letters

you're right, its not very constructive, but you come to expect that from certain people. Shame you can't offer such an opinion. Why not post it on the open board anyway ?

wrong

Methinks you don't have the ability to construct any kind of reasonable argument worthy of debate. Doesn't bother me, tbh.

As I said, nobody is claiming the Board has made no mistakes, all that is being highlighted is the reality rather than the "head in the sand" and  frankly rather childish approach of only being able to see the mistakes since the appointment of Souness.

It's ironic that the people slating the Board nowadays, and also slating both myself and NE5 for pointing out the reality are the very same people who at the time supported the Souness destruction of the team.

like Gemmill too ? ..... seeing as he's decided to offer us his words of wisdom here .....

Guest Gemmill

wrong

like Gemmill too ? ..... seeing as he's decided to offer us his words of wisdom here .....

"Top boss".  That is all.

wrong

one edited post Gemma.......maybe we can find one post somewhere where you said you didn't say back Souness to the hilt  mackems.gif

You did back him all the way didn't you ? And you still think the changes he made and players he sold were good for the club don't you ?

I'm glad you aren't my accountant mate.  :clap:

wrong

one edited post Gemma.......maybe we can find one post somewhere where you said you didn't say back Souness to the hilt  mackems.gif

You did back him all the way didn't you ? And you still think the changes he made and players he sold were good for the club don't you ?

I'm glad you aren't my accountant mate.  :clap:

So its Gemmills fault and not the board who employed and funded him?