WHY has Roeder Resigned?

Guest graemeh72

I think he was informed that the Watford game would be his last as manager and although another role could be offered to him, he chose to instead resign with immediate effect.

That sounds most likely to me

Agreed.

blueyes.gif

Why resign rather than let them sack you and get your contract paid off

"Because Glenn Roeder is a real man and can walk away with his head held high."

[/Glenn Roeder May 8th 2007]

He knew he couldnt handle it, He knew he lost the respect of his player, And he did the best thing to do in my opinion

As much as i hated him since the start of this season i have to respect this decsion,it might be the only one he got right tbh :D

Guest helios_centric

He did the right thing. Whether he was 'encouraged' into his decision or not is neither here nor there really and we'll probably only ever be able to guess. Why wait for the inevitable sacking that was imminent just to collect a pay-off?

Some people have enough about them to forget about pounds and pence and face up to the fact that it's time to do the decent thing. Money isn't everything and it's not like he's going to starve or anything as I'm sure he's made a tidy wedge out of the game and by not being sacked he might find it easier to land another job (albeit much further down the pecking order elsewhere).

After yesterday's game I think he finally realised that as much as he had tried his best he had failed miserably. That's hard to accept for anyone, but I applaud his actions today.

Guest mac75

i think perhaps been offered lesser role because sheperd is bringing his own man in and roeder is just too proud to work for someone in else ie academy director especially if that someone one is a certain manager who expressed his anger at roeder being able to manage newcastle in the first place therefore it can officially go down as a resignation when anyone who knows football knows he wouldn't quit if he had any choice

If he's sacked - it's an admission that Shepherd got it wrong. Again.

If he resigns - Shepherd can walk away claiming Roeder would have turned it around if he'd given himself more time and the he appointed the right man who has just chucked the job in....

Correct. :thup:

So Shepherd sacks him but pays Roeder off in full if he says he resigned.  Roeder's reputation is tarnished rather than ruined and Shepherd (as you say) says I did get the right man for the job...................

Guest Bringbackkeegan

does it really matter why he has resigned, its simple we have got rid now look towards the future.

Sam Allardyce For Manager!!!!

If he resigns - Shepherd can walk away claiming Roeder would have turned it around if he'd given himself more time and the he appointed the right man who has just chucked the job in....

Correct. :thup:

So Shepherd sacks him but pays Roeder off in full if he says he resigned.  Roeder's reputation is tarnished rather than ruined and Shepherd (as you say) says I did get the right man for the job...................

i'll bet at no point will fat fred say roeder would have got it right given more time.

Guest graemeh72

i am clueless to why possably the dumbest and most stupid thread made this year has been rewarded with over 10 posts.

should probably add i'm abusing the thread, not the poster. :crazy2:

Not quite sure how to take that.

Guest BooBoo

I think because FFS suggested to bring in another man to take the reigns but Roeder to stay on as coach.

Guest fungus

I think he was informed that the Watford game would be his last as manager and although another role could be offered to him, he chose to instead resign with immediate effect.

Agreed.

Guest Shibby

Hahaha! Yea, fat fred forced him out!

Guest Magnetic North

Agreed.

Sounds v. possible.

Guest Magnetic North

I think because FFS suggested to bring in another man to take the reigns but Roeder to stay on as coach.

Yep, I considered this one too.

I dont why he did it. The fact is he did and hopefully shepherd gets the next one right. no one was convinced roeder was right for the job.

My choice is allardyce as I think he could really push us forwards in terms of technique and tactics. Yes he may be known as a long ball merchant but you can only play with what you have and he made them hard to beat. And they dont have players like duff, owen, martins and milner

Guest geordiebaz

I dont why he did it. The fact is he did and hopefully shepherd gets the next one right. no one was convinced roeder was right for the job.

My choice is allardyce as I think he could really push us forwards in terms of technique and tactics. Yes he may be known as a long ball merchant but you can only play with what you have and he made them hard to beat. And they dont have players like duff, owen, martins and milner

i agree, allardyce used resources available to make bolton hard to beat. doesn't mean he use same tactics everywhere.

exactly he may change it and I think he would play to suit the players not like roeder playing formations the team cant play

i'd still prefer that lad from sevilla like, total commitment to attacking football above anything else

failing him then why not allardyce, aye

Guest graemeh72

does it really matter why he has resigned, its simple we have got rid now look towards the future.

Sam Allardyce For Manager!!!!

I think its does matter...

especially know that we know in hindsight that he lost the players and they asked for him to be removed.

Who are the influential players that care enough?