Allardyce supposedly as good as appointed - Happy or Disappointed?

Karjala
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Knightrider

This has obviously been agreed behind the scenes ages ago, if he gets the job so quickly which may explain a number of things at our end and Bolton's. If so, will this be a first, the club actually planning something in advance? Still why get rid of Roeder with just one game to go? Ah, who cares now.

This has obviously been agreed behind the scenes ages ago, if he gets the job so quickly which may explain a number of things at our end and Bolton's. If so, will this be a first, the club actually planning something in advance? Still why get rid of Roeder with just one game to go? Ah, who cares now.

Another myth that people make up in the hope that if they say it enough it will become fact.

As for the rest after the bold bit. Well, you obviously care 'cos you just saw fit to moan about it.

Bloody hell, grass.

As someone fantastically put it a few days ago, he's the point on the graph where "Managerial Ability" and "Likely to want to manage the club" cross.

That was one of the best posts I have ever seen on this forum.

Whose was it?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=39339.msg805763#msg805763

Its a quality line.

One i sort of disagree with though. Its the chairman's decision and it fits on his 'acceptable to me' and 'acceptable to fans' graph.

To be honest I'm very happy but quite concerned that he might not have his back room staff and might be stuck with McDermott.

I'm pretty sure he'll tell him to f*** off tbh, as that's, apparently, going to be one of his main strengths - clearing out our backroom clowns and bringing in some people who have a clue.

I'd be happy with Allardyce fwiw, there's absolutely no-one else we could realistically get who would do better.

I'm far from convinced that it's a done deal. I think the media are aware that he's available and a manager that we're likely to want, and assuming that it's only a matter of time. There aren't any other realistic options of his standing in the game, but we may have some way to go yet.

It appears pretty certain that he's turned us down before, and that must have been for a reason. Whatever that reason was, not much has changed at our club, so he may well be prepared to turn us down again. Admittedly he doesn't have a job at this moment, but he's no reason to be so desperate as to jump on the first bus that comes.

For what it's worth, I think that the problem before was that he's a bloke who likes to feel in charge at all levels, and Shepherd is reluctant to shed any of the power that he's built up over his 10 years as Chairman. I think we failed to attract O'Neill for the same reason.

To answer the question though, I think he'd do a good job.

Guest Knightrider

Another myth that people make up in the hope that if they say it enough it will become fact.

As for the rest after the bold bit. Well, you obviously care 'cos you just saw fit to moan about it.

Bloody hell, grass.

I was taking the piss, of course it won't be the first time the club will have planned something in advance. Once again though you try and defend the board despite no-one criticising them. They'll actually get a thumbs up from me if Big Sam does get appointed, although I still want them out and for that to change they'll have to change themselves and undo all the crap they've created over the years, starting now with our finances, after the manager decision of course.

Guest roeder_forever

As a Mackem would like to thank FFS with all of my heart for putting Big Sam in charge, at least till he gets nicked.

Newcastle United will doubtless spend the money they get from selling Michael Owen on Peter Crouch and while Bolton change to a footballing side under Sammy Lee you lot will become perfect exponents of the long ball game.

Knowing how you love the beautiful game to be played a few more chants of 'sack the board ' will be ringing out at the same time next year.

I'm far from convinced that it's a done deal. I think the media are aware that he's available and a manager that we're likely to want, and assuming that it's only a matter of time. There aren't any other realistic options of his standing in the game, but we may have some way to go yet.

It appears pretty certain that he's turned us down before, and that must have been for a reason. Whatever that reason was, not much has changed at our club, so he may well be prepared to turn us down again. Admittedly he doesn't have a job at this moment, but he's no reason to be so desperate as to jump on the first bus that comes.

For what it's worth, I think that the problem before was that he's a bloke who likes to feel in charge at all levels, and Shepherd is reluctant to shed any of the power that he's built up over his 10 years as Chairman. I think we failed to attract O'Neill for the same reason.

To answer the question though, I think he'd do a good job.

Really like to know where you get this kind of information from, like. You put these "I think" bits in as a bit of a get out, but you make these comments as though they're fact when you're just making stuff up.

Assuming for a moment that you're right, for all his weaknesses, are you suggesting Souness is/was some kind of 'yes man'?

Guest TheOrder

As a Mackem would like to thank FFS with all of my heart for putting Big Sam in charge, at least till he gets nicked.

Newcastle United will doubtless spend the money they get from selling Michael Owen on Peter Crouch and while Bolton change to a footballing side under Sammy Lee you lot will become perfect exponents of the long ball game.

Knowing how you love the beautiful game to be played a few more chants of 'sack the board ' will be ringing out at the same time next year.

I stopped reading at mackem.

Bloody hell, grass.

I was taking the piss, of course it won't be the first time the club will have planned something in advance. Once again though you try and defend the board despite no-one criticising them. They'll actually get a thumbs up from me if Big Sam does get appointed, although I still want them out and for that to change they'll have to change themselves and undo all the crap they've created over the years, starting now with our finances, after the manager decision of course.

Once again I'm defending nothing, just pointing out where people are making stuff up.

Wow, you're still here.

Oh, now you're not.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Wow, you're still here.

Oh, now you're not.

Yo, I'm a bad assss

Guest Knightrider

Bloody hell, grass.

Once again I'm defending nothing, just pointing out where people are making stuff up.

No-one is making any stuff up. Locked on your defend the board at all times mission, you've picked out a comment that was made in jest and brought the board into things once again. Care to discuss other things, namely the new manager, whoever it is and give the board crap a miss for the evening? ;)

Bloody hell, grass.

No-one is making any stuff up. Locked on your defend the board at all times mission, you've picked out a comment that was made in jest and brought the board into things once again. Care to discuss other things, namely the new manager, whoever it is and give the board crap a miss for the evening? ;)

With your sarcastic remark about planning, which you're now claiming was a joke, you brought the Board into this thread, mate. Not me.

Try the mirror.

Bloody hell, grass.

With your sarcastic remark about planning, which you're now claiming was a joke, you brought the Board into this thread, mate. Not me.

Try the mirror.

Hes broken them all with his ugliness.

Nice try.  Too blatant though

Guest makemeacupoftea

"Meh"

^ Sums it up for me. Superly over rated.

of course a meh can sum everything up...

Bloody hell, grass.

Try the mirror.

Hes broken them all with his ugliness.

Any need? Get a grip. So fuck, he's ugly, he's a virgin. So what?