Allardyce supposedly as good as appointed - Happy or Disappointed?

Karjala
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We need to get a manager in who understands the modern game, Roeder used to refer to how the game was played when he played, but its a completely different game now. Newcastle need to move iinto the 21st century of football, but can we do that with a manager tat uses a tactic thats been round since Alf Ramsay coined it way back. You look at the top teams in Europe and none of them play like that, its all about where players move and not their position. We need to have a Footbal Manager 07 competition to decide the new manager. Open it up to fans.

recently alex ferguson blamed injuries and league fixtures for them getting tonked off milan,mourinho has constantly used inuries as an excuse all season,benitez did at the start of the season they won the champs league,wenger can't see his own players foul someone from 3ft away put can see a penalty appeal from 50yds at pitch level........all managers lie and make excuses when they get beat.

Do they go "i won't do this", then suddnly start bleating on about it anyway when their f****** GENIUS ideas of playing random players out of position, and failing to replace s**** players, don't work?

when the s*** hits the fan they all clutch at straws re fegusons rant about having a league game,mourinho saying we had the likes of huntington to call on......and yes they've both played players out of position,...didn't replace the s***..got me there,you're lying if you say he didn't try to replace a few them though.

Who did he try to replace Babayaro with? Or Ameobi? Or Shambles?

You've shown in the past your bizarre love for the man, so there's nothing more to say without going over the same ground. You think he did a good job/tried his best/did what he could/whatever it is you have dreamt up. Good for you. I don't, good for me. The end.

i understand he tried to replace babayaro with bridge(if the cole deal hadn't dragged 0n) and bramble with woodgate,huth and zat knight.ameobi i haven't got a clue,you do apparently as you know everything that goes inside SJP.

you've shown in the past your bizzarre hatred for the man,so theres nothing more to say blah blah blah.........................................

what i have always said is he isn't as bad as you make out as a manager and person but your childish over exageration on everything to do with him is  the kind i got over when gordon lee sold supermac.

recently alex ferguson blamed injuries and league fixtures for them getting tonked off milan,mourinho has constantly used inuries as an excuse all season,benitez did at the start of the season they won the champs league,wenger can't see his own players foul someone from 3ft away put can see a penalty appeal from 50yds at pitch level........all managers lie and make excuses when they get beat.

Do they go "i won't do this", then suddnly start bleating on about it anyway when their f****** GENIUS ideas of playing random players out of position, and failing to replace s**** players, don't work?

when the s*** hits the fan they all clutch at straws re fegusons rant about having a league game,mourinho saying we had the likes of huntington to call on......and yes they've both played players out of position,...didn't replace the s***..got me there,you're lying if you say he didn't try to replace a few them though.

You've shown in the past your bizarre love for the man, so there's nothing more to say without going over the same ground. You think he did a good job/tried his best/did what he could/whatever it is you have dreamt up. Good for you. I don't, good for me. The end.

i understand he tried to replace babayaro with bridge(if the cole deal hadn't dragged 0n) and bramble with woodgate,huth and zat knight.ameobi i haven't got a clue,you do apparently as you know everything that goes inside SJP.

you've shown in the past your bizzarre hatred for the man,so theres nothing more to say blah blah blah.........................................

what i have always said is he isn't as bad as you make out as a manager and person but your childish over exageration on everything to do with him is  the kind i got over when gordon lee sold supermac.

You've no idea whether or not he went for Bridge any more than you do that he's not a bad person. Total conjecture, as always.

As for not being a bad manager, i was under the impression that you followed NUFC. My mistake, clearlyt, as if you did, and actually watched a game, you'd have seen what this lying, incompetent, stupid cretin was doing.

You've no idea whether or not he went for Bridge any more than you do that he's not a bad person. Total conjecture, as always.

As for not being a bad manager, i was under the impression that you followed NUFC. My mistake, clearlyt, as if you did, and actually watched a game, you'd have seen what this lying, incompetent, stupid cretin was doing.

to me a shit manager gets his team relegated.,thats what i mean about you going waaay over the top,you know i've already said i don't think he's a great manager or the answer to what we need so do stop and make out that i have......and i've met him a couple of times,nicer bloke than keegan to meet in the street.

to me a shit manager gets his team relegated.,thats what i mean about you going waaay over the top,you know i've already said i don't think he's a great manager or the answer to what we need so do stop and make out that i have......and i've met him a couple of times,nicer bloke than keegan to meet in the street.

"when i met him he was canny".....thats essentially what your defence of him is based on?

Well done with that. I met a fella who'd killed a man, once. Was really canny, as a fella, good craic. Didn't make him a good person.

Roeder is a shify little lying cunt, imho, and i'm not likely to change my opinion than you are.

Thats a very encouraging quote but we arent a 'top club with top players and huge resources' tbh. I know what you mean about the sentiment though.

Was it the Times that said Roeder was going last week? Matt Dickinson?

Big Sam is the right man for the job. What he has done for a shitty little team like Bolton has been amazing, considering the lack of resources at his disposal.

He will do wonders here, and.................

he might even bag us a trophy.

Cmon League Cup.  8)

Anything FFS.  :knuppel2:

Guest maznislav

I am happy with Big Sam. I think he is the right manager to get us in the top 6.

Guest Ridzuan

Im happy of course but not too happy.Hes not my first choice but he certainly have my support.

What total toss you are spouting plenty of good managers have been relegated with teams.......Brian Clough for one..that means nothing its the resources you work with..jose mourinho couldnt have kept Watford up, Big sam worked to his full potential with the resources available at Bolton and done a fantastic job,with better resources and more money,bigger club,different playing staff he will be good for this club he will come and get rid of stench of shite that has been lingering for too long

I haven't been stoned for a long, long time.  20 months since I even smoked a cigarette.  Just for one moment imagine you're stoned though.  You see when you read Howaythelads posts, if Freddie Shepherd has the internet at home, and I've no doubt he's browsed this forum, then HTL's posts are EXACTLY the response I'd expect from FFS.  If anyones got some tac, have a few joints and read pages 3, 4 and 5 of this post, and HTL's response.  Just a thought for the conspiracy theorists.  HTL if you are FFS, much you shedding off the season ticket prices ya fat cunt??!?

FWIW.  Three years ago I'd have been gutted by the appointment, three weeks ago, I'd have been doing cartwheels at the prospect of someone with a decent track record replacing Roeder.  I feel our stock has fallen so far as brilliantly put by Biffa from nufc.com, Sam is the best we can currently get, IN TERMS OF RESULTS, and it's a results game.  We need to get the basics right first, and I think he can do it.

wtf?

:)

Guest teepee

i didn't vote - as i am happy enough, but i think we could do even better.

something like 80% satisfied

to me a s*** manager gets his team relegated.,thats what i mean about you going waaay over the top,you know i've already said i don't think he's a great manager or the answer to what we need so do stop and make out that i have......and i've met him a couple of times,nicer bloke than keegan to meet in the street.

What total toss you are spouting plenty of good managers have been relegated with teams.......Brian Clough for one..that means nothing its the resources you work with..jose mourinho couldnt have kept Watford up, Big sam worked to his full potential with the resources available at Bolton and done a fantastic job,with better resources and more money,bigger club,different playing staff he will be good for this club he will come and get rid of stench of s**** that has been lingering for too long

and what was he working with..1 forward and a shit defence that he tried to change.

as for brian clough he HAD  been an excellent manager but had lost it by the time they went down,take a look at his squad that went down,it was quite good yet you'll blame roeder for our results but not clough for forests...bizzarre

Guest Bolton Zulu

Good morning everyone. Bolton fan here. I hope you will allow me to post my views.

Let's safely assume that Sam is your new gaffer - nailed on in my opinion. Outside of old Purple Cheeks and The Chosen One you've just got yourselves the best manager in the PL. The only other one that comes anywhere near is Hughes at Blackburn.

It's nothing short of miraculous what he and his team achieved at Bolton over the last eight years. He's had peanuts to spend, prior to the £8.5 million he was given to get Andy Johnson, which was ultimately spent on Anelka. You guys, along with many similar big wealthy clubs have spent millions upon millions in a vain attempt to achieve what Allardyce has achieved for us. (Spurs, Villa, Everton, Manchester City also spring to mind.)

I thought Allardyce had taken us as far as he could. I rate Sammy Lee as a replacement but I am concerned about our short-term future.

You guys need a major clear-out, take a deep breath and watch the big man go about it. Only problem you will have is your numbskull chairman, and some of your more enthusiastic supporters. Allardyce had a 10 year contract in 2000. Freddy will want results within a year - again. That won't happen. Nor would it for any other manager.

Finally, I find the forthcoming scenario with Alan Shearer fascinating. Him and Sam appear to get on well when they meet as pundits. I wonder what their relationship will be like if Shearer continues to be allowed to lurk like a malevolent spirit in the background? That issue will go one of two ways. Sam will make him part of his team or he will blow him away, big style. There will be no middle option.

I hope it works out for you. Your fans deserve success - even if your owners don't.  8)

Good morning everyone. Bolton fan here. I hope you will allow me to post my views.

Let's safely assume that Sam is your new gaffer - nailed on in my opinion. Outside of old Purple Cheeks and The Chosen One you've just got yourselves the best manager in the PL. The only other one that comes anywhere near is Hughes at Blackburn.

It's nothing short of miraculous what he and his team achieved at Bolton over the last eight years. He's had peanuts to spend, prior to the £8.5 million he was given to get Andy Johnson, which was ultimately spent on Anelka. You guys, along with many similar big wealthy clubs have spent millions upon millions in a vain attempt to achieve what Allardyce has achieved for us. (Spurs, Villa, Everton, Manchester City also spring to mind.)

I thought Allardyce had taken us as far as he could. I rate Sammy Lee as a replacement but I am concerned about our short-term future.

You guys need a major clear-out, take a deep breath and watch the big man go about it. Only problem you will have is your numbskull chairman, and some of your more enthusiastic supporters. Allardyce had a 10 year contract in 2000. Freddy will want results within a year - again. That won't happen. Nor would it for any other manager.

Finally, I find the forthcoming scenario with Alan Shearer fascinating. Him and Sam appear to get on well when they meet as pundits. I wonder what their relationship will be like if Shearer continues to be allowed to lurk like a malevolent spirit in the background? That issue will go one of two ways. Sam will make him part of his team or he will blow him away, big style. There will be no middle option.

I hope it works out for you. Your fans deserve success - even if your owners don't.  8)

Thanks for the sentiments.

Do you think you will sell Anelka?

What do you see as Sam's weaknesses and perhaps oppurtunities missed?

:clap:

Did I read you correctly when you said that Allardyce is bettered only by Ferguson and Mourinho? Meaning Big Sam is better than Wenger? ;)