So is Shola a hero?

Guest Taylor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No he is an out and out wanker. 6 half decent games (by his standards) and 3 years of unadulterated crap

Just out of interest, this is something that has always puzzled me but why is someone a "wanker" because they don't have ability?

Because they masurbate?

Its probably fair to say the premiership is dominated by wankers then?  bluebiggrin.gif

Dominated would be an understatement!

Here's the biggest one of them all...

http://gfx.dagbladet.no/pub/artikkel/4/44/447/447779/dyer_ap.jpg

I admire Shola's confidence, at the end of the day he is full of shite with 90% of what he says but i would rather someone who has ambition to improve than someone who just turns up for the £££

His contribution to our revival under Roeder has been absolutely crucial.

With those long, spindly legs of his he's never going to be a great goalscorer, but his overall contribution has been very good. He may not be the man to get us back into the top four either, but he's done a good job for us in the situation.

He's rubbish. His heading, shooting, ball control and distribution are woeful. His movement is fucking shocking, and his reading of the game is beyond shite.

If he is anything more than 4th choice next season, we are an absolute and utter bunch of slogging twats, and we'll deserve what we get.

Guest thompers

He's rubbish. His heading, shooting, ball control and distribution are woeful. His movement is fucking shocking, and his reading of the game is beyond shite.

If he is anything more than 4th choice next season, we are an absolute and utter bunch of slogging twats, and we'll deserve what we get.

Come on! He should be our number one striker! He deserves it for sentimental reasons! He's played through pain for us you know! That means he's committed so therefore deserves the number 9 shirt. He's also scored a couple lately! That automatically means he's good enough (the manner in which he's played in those games isn't taken into consideration)

*gives head a shake*

fuck, sorry, started sounding like half of the brainless population on this board for a minute there :lol:

Don't beat about the bush, mate.

Guest Taylor

When I asked if shola was a hero I never once stated he was a good player, it was not even about if he is fit to play for the club. Personaly I dont think Shola has what it takes to be a great Newcastle player. I think he will always be a squad player and no more. What I did ask was if people think he has proven to be a hero, which is a bit over the top, as his goals have enabled us to finish 7th.

Don't beat about the bush, mate.

That was me being subtle, mate. I've been an NUFC fan too long, and seen too many well-meaning fans defend players who were utter shite, out of some misplaced sense of loyalty.

Know this: THEY OWE US. Not the other way around. And shite like Ameobi, Faye, Dire, Boumsong et al will never be able to pay what they owe, because they're gash.

Come on! He should be our number one striker! He deserves it for sentimental reasons! He's played through pain for us you know! That means he's committed so therefore deserves the number 9 shirt. He's also scored a couple lately! That automatically means he's good enough (the manner in which he's played in those games isn't taken into consideration)

*gives head a shake*

****, sorry, started sounding like half of the brainless population on this board for a minute there :lol:

Funny I don't remember anyone saying any of that sort of stuff, a few people intelligent enough to see when he has a good game and praise him for it but nothing about him being first choice and the new numner 9 but please continue to make stuff up as you go along as it makes your opinion seem so much more valid  :thup:

Roeder has obviously had a very positive effect on him and he's played great since Glen's been in charge so credit where credit is due well done Shola he's been instrumental in getting us back into Europe.

Guest thompers

*gives head a shake*

****, sorry, started sounding like half of the brainless population on this board for a minute there :lol:

Funny I don't remember anyone saying any of that sort of stuff, a few people intelligent enough to see when he has a good game and praise him for it but nothing about him being first choice and the new numner 9 but please continue to make stuff up as you go along as it makes your opinion seem so much more valid  :thup:

Some people however, just because the team wins, refuse to acknowledge when Shola does play poorly.

Guest thompers

If people can exagerate about how well Shola has played why can't I exagerate too Gejon ;)

Guest Toon83

Shola has shown some good touches and scored some good goals.

But one word describes him and that is inconsistent, he takes too many chances to score a goal, if he can become a more consistent, lethal goalscorer like a RVN or Henry, who only need one chance to score I would take a chance.

Not worth the gamble IMO, but he would be good as backup for Owen and whoever replaces Shearer next season.

Guest thompers

But one word describes him and that is inconsistent, he takes too many chances to score a goal, if he can become a more consistent, lethal goalscorer like a RVN or Henry, who only need one chance to score I would take a chance.

Not worth the gamble IMO, but he would be good as backup for Owen and whoever replaces Shearer next season.

He is consistant. Consistantly falls over. Consistantly steamrolls opposing players to the ground. Consistantly talks shite about playing for England and taking over as the new number 9. Erm... any more?

Guest TurkishToon

He is consistant. Consistantly falls over. Consistantly steamrolls opposing players to the ground. Consistantly talks shite about playing for England and taking over as the new number 9. Erm... any more?

Shola did good this season but his style of playing is a bit frustrating....i think he's been in the right place at the right time in most of his goals...now i dont know if that is a sign of football intellect but i give him credit for scoring goals when we needed them...

but again just against chelsea i remember him running casually to easy balls and losing them couple of times...even the commentators noticed and said something like "carvalho was more determined than ameobi to get the ball" or something...there were some other occurences like that...he seems a bit slow and heavy sometimes..i dunno why but thats how he runs i guess

btw - did anybody else notice the discussion Ameobi and Zoggy had against chelsea? zoggy ran up the field and made a decent pass and shola was way off in reading zoggy's pass..then i remember shola pointing his finger to zoggy and zoggy responding and stuff...thought we were gonna have round 2 of Bowyer vs. Dyer :)

Guest sunderlandsuck

you are possibly the most pessamistic man i have ever met

btw - did anybody else notice the discussion Ameobi and Zoggy had against chelsea? zoggy ran up the field and made a decent pass and shola was way off in reading zoggy's pass..then i remember shola pointing his finger to zoggy and zoggy responding and stuff...thought we were gonna have round 2 of Bowyer vs. Dyer :)

remember ameobi and nzogbia having a heated discussion, but that was after zoggy got booked and looked as if he might lose his temper. ameobi seemed to talk a bit of sense into him.

Guest stormrider

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/dumshiet2/homer_fist.gif

this man could have scored more than shola, provided the number of matches he plays.

He's a pile of pish. Who has saved himself for another season by finally showing some sort of form when we've been waiting for years.

You have top premierleague clubs like ManU who wont hesitate selling the Becks, the VanNiss because they're not good for the team anymore... Then you have our stupid club that is willing to give this man chance after chance. This time next year it'll be same old same old from Shola. I hope we never see him in black and white again.

Nowt against the lad personally, but I don't think he's good enough. Might just squeeze into third spot behind Owen and AN Other next year, but nothing more.

He's a pile of pish. Who has saved himself for another season by finally showing some sort of form when we've been waiting for years.

You have top premierleague clubs like ManU who wont hesitate selling the Becks, the VanNiss because they're not good for the team anymore... Then you have out stupid club that this is willing to give this man chance after chance. This time next year it'll be same old same old from Shola. I a hope we never see him in black and white again.

who also had players like phil neville or nicky butt or wes brown or quinton fortune etc etc etc cos, even though they werent the best, fergie understood they might have a role to play as a member of the squad, especially those who came through the ranks and consequently had a passion for the club that others might not. as for your "I a hope we never see him in black and white again." comment -  :roll: