I want a foreign manager

Guest LEFTY

Allardyce has signed big names Ivan Campo, Jay Jay Okocha, and Youri Djorkaeff. They all liked him, and word gets around other players.

No top player would turn down Allardyce.

Ivan Campo was Real Madrid reject

Okocha and Djorkaeff at the time were above 30 and they were past their best

The signings of Anelka,Meite,Ben Haim,Faye are more impressive for me.

But, they are big names with big reputations. Players abroad will know about Sam Allardyce, and the quality of his managerial skills, because this information spreads by word of mouth.

True that they were big names with big reputaions but they were hardly top players especially Campo

The thing i like about Allardyce is the fact that his scouting/searching system is at good level.He is bringing players from Africa and they are all good.He can spot the good player.

They were all big name players for a club like Bolton.

but allardyce isn't going to be at a club like bolton.

No, he'll be at a club like Newcastle and should be able to attract better players.

At the time Bolton were near enough nothing, and he was bringing in solid names, Anelka is another example of how far he's got, a player we looked at over and over again.

the hilarity was at the "no top palyer would turn down Sam Allardyce", which is a level of myopic self-importance and stupidity that surprised me even from a NUFC fan.

The pulling power of Newcastle will be bigger than that of Allardyce IMO. It helps that he is capable of attracting good players to a smaller club, this suggests he wouldn't have too much problem here. I was shocked when they signed Hierro, even at his age that was a mini coup.

One thing is for sure, he's a damn side better than Roeder in that depatment.

Newcastle with a solid manager is a magnet, he's a good enough name to bring in the players we need.

Allardyce has signed big names Ivan Campo, Jay Jay Okocha, and Youri Djorkaeff. They all liked him, and word gets around other players.

No top player would turn down Allardyce.

Ivan Campo was Real Madrid reject

Okocha and Djorkaeff at the time were above 30 and they were past their best

The signings of Anelka,Meite,Ben Haim,Faye are more impressive for me.

But, they are big names with big reputations. Players abroad will know about Sam Allardyce, and the quality of his managerial skills, because this information spreads by word of mouth.

True that they were big names with big reputaions but they were hardly top players especially Campo

The thing i like about Allardyce is the fact that his scouting/searching system is at good level.He is bringing players from Africa and they are all good.He can spot the good player.

They were all big name players for a club like Bolton.

but allardyce isn't going to be at a club like bolton.

No, he'll be at a club like Newcastle and should be able to attract better players.

At the time Bolton were near enough nothing, and he was bringing in solid names, Anelka is another example of how far he's got, a player we looked at over and over again.

the hilarity was at the "no top palyer would turn down Sam Allardyce", which is a level of myopic self-importance and stupidity that surprised me even from a NUFC fan.

Not in argreement with that also, but he can bring em in, and usually above is weight, which was what i was pointing out. T27 is just excited man, especially after having to put up with Mr Glen 'Captain Charisma' Roeder.

The pulling power of Newcastle will be bigger than that of Allardyce IMO. It helps that he is capable of attracting good players to a smaller club, this suggests he wouldn't have too much problem here. I was shocked when they signed Hierro, even at his age that was a mini coup.

Newcastle with a solid manager is a magnet, he's a good enough name to bring in the players we need.

Of course he is. If we start challenging in a year or two imo there won't be many players we can't attract.

Of course he is. If we start challenging in a year or two imo there won't be many players we can't attract.

challenging for what? League cup maybe, if he totally culls the squad and starts again.

Really need to pick the relegated EPL clubs and the none promoted Championship clubs for their star players imo, that alone could create a core team which would see us back up at the top.

Baines (if Wigan go down) (£5m)

Bale (If Soton dont come up)

Davies (If WBA dont come up) (£6m)

Young (£3m)

Bent (£11m)

Barnes (If Derby dont come up) (£3.5m)

Baines, Davies, Young, Barnes & Bent for me would see us laughing next season, even just the 1st 3 (Baines, Davies, Young) would get us 5th imo.

Really need to pick the relegated EPL clubs and the none promoted Championship clubs for their star players imo, that alone could create a core team which would see us back up at the top.

Baines (if Wigan go down)

Davies (If WBA dont come up)

Young

Bent

Barnes (If Derby dont come up)

Baines, Davies, Young, Barnes & Bent for me would see us laughing next season, even just the 1st 3 (Baines, Davies, Young) would get us 5th imo.

5th with our midfield?? Mentalist.

Young

Bent

Duff, Zoggy, Dyer, Emre, Butt, Parker, Milner, Solano - two players for every position, decent ones under a new manager and a solid defense, i dont see why not. I'd quite happy get rid of most of them, but they are all sought after players and would take very good players to replace them.

Young

Bent

Duff, Zoggy, Dyer, Emre, Butt, Parker, Milner, Solano - two players for every position, decent ones under a new manager and a solid defense, i dont see why not. I'd quite happy get rid of most of them, but they are all sought after players and would take very good players to replace them.

1) they are not "sought after players"

2) Duff, Dyer, Parker and Solano (as winger) are not good enough.

3) it wouldn't take a "very good player" to replace Dyer, Parker etc, they're mediocre at very best.

Young

Bent

2) Duff, Dyer, Park

All linked with big money moves in 2007, i'm not seeing your point.

Young

Bent

2) Duff, Dyer, Park

i hit send by an accident. read it again, sorry.

Young

Bent

2) Duff, Dyer, Park

What big money moves??

Young

Bent

2) Duff, Dyer, Park

After edit:3

Maybe so, and i'm in the same opinion, but others dont share it and rate these players.

If we sold Dyer, Parker & Duff in the summer who would buy and how much would we get, i think more than we should tbh, but in the end of the day they are good EPL players & British, and they hold value.

Young

Bent

2) Duff, Dyer, Park

What big money moves??

Duff to Spurs, and if we were up for selling i could see Liverpool having a sniff tbh.

Dyer also to Spurs and i think a lot more clubs would be willing to pay decent cash to get him after this season (injury free since return) & Parker to WHU for a silly fee was touted in the last window.

Our manager had to deny the Duff & Parker moves to the press.

Young

Bent

2) Duff, Dyer, Park

Maybe so, and i'm in the same opinion, but others dont share it and rate these players.

If we sold Dyer, Parker & Duff in the summer who would buy and how much would we get, i think more than we should tbh, but in the end of the day they are good EPL players & British, and they hold value.

I reckon maybe £4m for Duff if they didn't see him play for us, maybe the same for Parker if we're lucky, £2.5m for Dyer.

Still think Guus Hiddink would be the best possible choice, over Lippi, Hitzfeld, Ramos or any other fantasy names.

How is Hiddink any less of a fantasy name than Lippi, Hitzfeld, Ramos - or for that matter Ancellotti, Ferguson, Wenger or Mourinho?

In fact Guus Hiddink might be just behind Ferguson as the "most untouchable" manager on the planet - he's essentially on hold waiting for the phone call from Ambramovich!

Young

Bent

2) Duff, Dyer, Park

I reckon maybe £4m for Duff if they didn't see him play for us, maybe the same for Parker if we're lucky, £2.5m for Dyer.

£7m was the supposed bid for Duff from Spurs, a reported £8m+ fee for Parker from WHU.

I reckon nothing less than £5m for Dyer, someone would take a chance, if not Spurs, Portsmouth or several teams of that ability.

Young

Bent

2) Duff, Dyer, Park

£7m was the supposed bid for Duff from Spurs, a reported £8m+ fee for Parker from WHU.

I reckon nothing less than £5m for Dyer, someone would take a chance, if not Spurs, Portsmouth or several teams of that ability.

Those figures are all just paper shite though, and you know it. And you know how full of crap the papers are too.

We'll have to wait and see, but lets not pretend they are top Premiership players.

Hierro is another example.

He might have been past it, but he could probably able to recognise a good manager when he saw one, and through word of mouth, much bigger names on the continent will know all about Sam Allardyce.

Still think Guus Hiddink would be the best possible choice, over Lippi, Hitzfeld, Ramos or any other fantasy names.

Hiddink is with Russia and even if he quits there he will end up with Chelsea.We dont have a chance with him

On the other hand Lippi is free and yet again HE doesnt even try to bring him here.

I know that we dont have a fucking chance but at least HE can try

That why at the end of the day HE can say i tried my best to bring the best manager in the world here but he didnt want to come here.Thats why i appointed someone else.

I dont blame Shepherd for trying to bring Allardyce here.I just wish that he could aim higher.He should be aiming at the top.I guess he is too stupid to understand that.

Young

Bent

2) Duff, Dyer, Park

Those figures are all just paper shite though, and you know it. And you know how full of crap the papers are too.

We'll have to wait and see, but lets not pretend they are top Premiership players.

Paper talk or not, interest is there, and we'd get decent fee's for them if they left.

I never said they were top EPL players, only good ones, and good EPL players have hefty price tags these days especially household names, especially British household names, rightly or wrongly.

Guest makemeacupoftea

Hiddink is with Russia and even if he quits there he will end up with Chelsea.We dont have a chance with him

On the other hand Lippi is free and yet again HE doesnt even try to bring him here.

I know that we dont have a fucking chance but at least HE

That why at the end of the day HE can say i tried my best to bring the best manager in the world here but he didnt want to come here.Thats why i appointed someone else.

I dont blame Shepherd for trying to bring Allardyce here.I just wish that he could aim higher.He should be aiming at the top.I guess he is too stupid to understand that.

ha ha did he tell you this like? for all you know shepherd might aim at the top but cant get them in because they're either at better teams or would never come to us.