Todays Chronicle articles

Guest SwissMagpie

Guest SwissMagpie

'Even on Saturday, Martins (pictured), Dyer, Scott Parker and even Owen must have known they had let themselves and their manager down, missing the sort of opportunities your granny could have scored.'

I must have missed those. Knew it would be Martins' fault in some way though. :lol:

Guest johnson293

So, much like yesterday tripe from Oliver, he still refuses to apportion any blame towards, or question Roeder?????

Everything that went wrong is the players (and Martins in particular) fault?????

Unbelievable! :uglystupid2:

MJ

Guest Phil K

Tripe from Oliver it may be - but the attack on players NOT producing while living it up is accurate.

Guest Micktoon

John Gibson, as ever, pretty much hits the mark. Why Anal is always wheeled before the cameras and not Gibson is plain daft.

So, much like yesterday tripe from Oliver, he still refuses to apportion any blame towards, or question Roeder?????

Everything that went wrong is the players (and Martins in particular) fault?????

MJ

They must take some of the blame for their own performances.

Did you see Dyer in the reading game? What did you think of his performance??

Alan Oliver must die

Why? Because the players haven't performed as they should? You're funny.

no. because he sold me his pubic hairs.

you're the fool who thought it was hashish, or whatever you crazy kids inject to get your highs.

Guest johnson293

MJ

They must take some of the blame for their own performances.

Did you see Dyer in the reading game? What did you think of his performance??

I dont argue with that - the players are the ones that go out and play the matches - but Oliver completely ignores the fact that some of what went wrong this season has clearly been down to Roeder as well.

Not one of his articles has questioned Roeder, his tactics, team selections, motivational qualities, or lack of (unlike those by Luke Edwards and John Gibson, who question both Roeder and Shepherd).

Once again, Oba seems to come into the firing line. If it wasn't for Martins goals, Roeder may have had a fourth relegation on his CV!!

"Don't forget that I have played for Newcastle United, been skipper and also been the manager.

"Only legendary people like Joe Harvey and Kevin Keegan can say that.

Doesn`t make you a legend you four eyed twat.

This pissed me off most -

"But obviously losing to Alkmaar in the UEFA Cup in Holland was the turning point because it affected the players' confidence."

No the lose didn`t affect them, your slagging them all off for it for the following 4 weeks did that.  Still shifting blame.

Alan Oliver must die

Why? Because the players haven't performed as they should? You're funny.

no. because he sold me his pubic hairs.

mackems.gif Best. Episode. Ever!

Gotta say I was impressed with Gibson's article - and while Oliver may have been harsh on the players, the fact is they deserve a dose of reality. Roeder was a shite tactician and woeful motivator, but the players have been shockingly poor - not putting in enough effort, not working for each other and toward a common goal...

I'm hoping the new man kicks a few asses and then sets about creating some unity and purpose

Personally think it all started to go wrong during the transfer window last summer , after that window slammed shut the way this season has gone has been no real surprise to most people i think.

I'd have been more impressed with Gibson's article if he'd said it years ago. The problems he mentions (e.g. no scouting network, throwing money at glamour signings, etc) have been with the club for years. Has he only just noticed?

Agreed, its the same with the slagging they gave Roeder yesterday in the Journal, they're a bunch of spineless shits.  They'll not say it while they're looking for something off them but they'll say it when they've gone, they did the same with Souness, protect them while they have something that they want then stab them in the back when they've gone, I hate that.