Albert Luque (now retired)

James

Even after all this time I'm still staggered by the staunch defense of Luque put up by some posters. I just can't understand it.

He's a class player man.

By your twisted logic and exaggeration, Duff and Shola are world class players man

Even after all this time I'm still staggered by the staunch defense of Luque put up by some posters. I just can't understand it.

He's a class player man.

By your twisted logic and exaggeration, Duff and Shola are world class players man

You'll have to explain how my saying both have been shit for Newcastle makes me think they're world class. Good luck with that one.

Guest StJames

Can't be bothered to read the whole thread but anyone who suggests that Pattinsin is better than Luque is IMO out of his mind and clueless regarding the game of football.

Luque is a class player who deserves a decent run in the team. To give him away would be senseless particularrly with minor talents like Ameobi and Duff (OK he was good at Blackburn) hanging around. 

Duff and Shola have both been much better players for NUFC. And I say that in full knowledge of how s*** they've been.

I agree  with you there Alex but how many chances has Ameobi had compared to Luque?

Can't be bothered to read the whole thread but anyone who suggests that Pattinsin is better than Luque is IMO out of his mind and clueless regarding the game of football.

Luque is a class player who deserves a decent run in the team. To give him away would be senseless particularrly with minor talents like Ameobi and Duff (OK he was good at Blackburn) hanging around. 

Duff and Shola have both been much better players for NUFC. And I say that in full knowledge of how s*** they've been.

I agree  with you there Alex but how many chances has Ameobi had compared to Luque?

Why do you think he gets more chances, and has done under every manager? Could it be because he looks like he's trying when he's on the pitch?

You're right. I think Luque came here, was unlucky with injury under Souness and was totally discarded under Roeder and did deserve a chance after Palermo away, when although he was nothing special he scored the winner - doing a striker's job. And after Roeder had put pressure on him (unfairly) before the match. Under Allardyce he's looked ok pre-season. Better than he's looked before here I'd say. I think his attitude has been questionable at times though too. He's definitely looked disinterested mostly when he has had a chance (some would say you can't blame him). I'm not sure he really deserves to have had a run in the current team. Personally, I think he isn't suited to English football.

You're right. I think Luque came here, was unlucky with injury under Souness and was totally discarded under Roeder and did deserve a chance after Palermo away, when although he was nothing special he scored the winner - doing a striker's job. And after Roeder had put pressure on him (unfairly) before the match. Under Allardyce he's looked ok pre-season. Better than he's looked before here I'd say. I think his attitude has been questionable at times though too. He's definitely looked disinterested mostly when he has had a chance (some would say you can't blame him). I'm not sure he really deserves to have had a run in the current team. Personally, I think he isn't suited to English football.

Fans highly rating luque and saying that he hasn't had a chance, its all guilt-speak tbh. they just don't want to believe that we took on a 'class' player with a potentially glittering career ahead of him and basically f*cked him up (souness and roder); he has shown no signs that he is even remotely close to the player he was at deportivo, and its sad really.. but we cant keep him on our hands because we feel sorry for him. I wish he  did become the player you lot are touting him to be, but he won't.. better he leaves and has the chance to pick himself up and start anew

Fans highly rating luque and saying that he hasn't had a chance, its all guilt-speak tbh. they just don't want to believe that we took on a 'class' player with a potentially glittering career ahead of him and basically f*cked him up (souness and roder); he has shown no signs that he is even remotely close to the player he was at deportivo, and its sad really.. but we cant keep him on our hands because we feel sorry for him. I wish he  did become the player you lot are touting him to be, but he won't.. better he leaves and has the chance to pick himself up and start anew

I've never been a fan of him here to be honest. And his time here is, frankly, all I give a shit about. I would say he hasn't been given a chance but I feel he hasn't really earned that chance either (in general). I'm not touting him to be anything and I never have. I've slaughtered him on occasions too. I agree about him leaving being a good thing too. I could only see him being a wage burden had he stayed.

He's a class player man.

You'll have to explain how my saying both have been s*** for Newcastle makes me think they're world class. Good luck with that one.

Easy...because nobody is saying that Luque was class for us but you chose to belittle the valid points made by misrepresenting them, so it is only fair for me to also misrepresent you on your views of Duff and Shola...tit for tat and all that. 

He's a class player man.

You'll have to explain how my saying both have been s*** for Newcastle makes me think they're world class. Good luck with that one.

Easy...because nobody is saying that Luque was class for us but you chose to belittle the valid points made by misrepresenting them, so it is only fair for me to also misrepresent you on your views of Duff and Shola...tit for tat and all that. 

Grow up

He's a class player man.

Nope, no logic there, sorry. StJames argued "Luque is a class player who deserves a decent run in the team." How did I misrepresent him btw?

He's a class player man.

Nope, no logic there, sorry. StJames argued "Luque is a class player who deserves a decent run in the team." How did I misrepresent him btw?

You should of just called him Ernie, Alex.

Guest eyeball_tickler

Why do you think he gets more chances, and has done under every manager? Could it be because he looks like he's trying when he's on the pitch?

plus he's a geordie. oh, and he scored against barcelona 5 years ago. "shola's bar" has a nice ring to it.

I hope the toon get into europe next season and they get knocked out by an albert luque hat trick. He is better than shola,duff, etc etc etc and has shown a damn site more that the over rated injury prone little huckle that is owen!

after this i no longer support the toon and i will laugh my balls off when he scores about 15 for ajaxthis season!

I am not a football manager by any stretch but pattinson better than luque??????

Not likely I would be better than pattinson if i was blind and had two broken legs!he is 100% s****

i am taking it as my job to make sure this post appears on every page possible in this thread for to make sure everyone sees it.(off to work this afternoon so i'll just have to do as much as i can)

anyone know if single posts can make it into the gold section ?

He's a class player man.

You should of just called him Ernie, Alex.

:lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Luque to join Ajax

Magpies striker rejects Betis offer

By Martijn Prins  Last updated: 24th August 2007

Luque: Set for Ajax

Newcastle United striker Albert Luque has confirmed his intention to join Ajax.

The Spaniard has struggled to make an impact during two years at St James' Park and has missed the start of the season through injury.

He has long been linked with an exit as Newcastle look to recoup part of their £9.5million outlay on Luque.

The former Deportivo La Coruna attacker had admitted an interest in joining Real Betis, while he has also been courted by Feyenoord and PSV Eindhoven.

But Luque has now opted to join Ajax after acknowledging he had received an offer to link up with Betis.

"I will move to Ajax," Luque told Radio Sevilla.

"I want to thank Betis for their interest, but I will move to Ajax."

Guest sombrero

are we just selling again?, this aint the time ot be losing players althought i wouldnt mind an awful lot to loose luque sice there is cover

Guest Ridzuan

Hm slightly disappointed with the news.I thought he had a future with us after doing well in pre season but of course there are other plans for him.I heard that it is a free transfer,I hope not after paying so much for his service.

I wish he'd gotten a chance to do something this season but it seemed pretty clear he wasn't going to so I guess it's best just to cut ties...on a side note, this would lead you to believe that we aren't too concerned about losing Martins, right?