Albert Luque (now retired)

James

Guest LucaAltieri

oh for the love of god. I hope this is shite. He's worth at least a couple of million, letting him go for nowt doesn't do us any good. He's shown in the pre-season he's alright as back up. Letting him go for nowt is a waste.

Only Newcastle could put a player on wages so extreme no fucker would buy him off us and cover his wages.

leeds,man city and i'm told everton are doing it with beattie

At least they all got transfer fees for the players.

oh for the love of god. I hope this is shite. He's worth at least a couple of million, letting him go for nowt doesn't do us any good. He's shown in the pre-season he's alright as back up. Letting him go for nowt is a waste.

What he's worth and what other clubs will pay is a different kettle of stories. And fish.

Only Newcastle could put a player on wages so extreme no fucker would buy him off us and cover his wages.

leeds,man city and i'm told everton are doing it with beattie

At least they all got transfer fees for the players.

but in leeds and evertons cases they had to carry on paying a percentage of the players wage

I would get it if Ajax didnt pay a fee, Luque paid up his contract, and in turn got a massive pay packet. We get first dibs on a couple of Ajax youth team players in the mix.

From short of 15m in total to zero is just criminal. Fair point he has to go, but its a farce that embodies the general climate of the previous regime with regards to knowledge about anything to do with football.

I hope the toon get into europe next season and they get knocked out by an albert luque hat trick. He is better than shola,duff, etc etc etc and has shown a damn site more that the over rated injury prone little huckle that is owen!

after this i no longer support the toon and i will laugh my balls off when he scores about 15 for ajaxthis season!

I am not a football manager by any stretch but pattinson better than luque??????

Not likely I would be better than pattinson if i was blind and had two broken legs!he is 100% shite

I hope the toon get into europe next season and they get knocked out by an albert luque hat trick. He is better than shola,duff, etc etc etc and has shown a damn site more that the over rated injury prone little huckle that is owen!

after this i no longer support the toon and i will laugh my balls off when he scores about 15 for ajaxthis season!

I am not a football manager by any stretch but pattinson better than luque??????

Not likely I would be better than pattinson if i was blind and had two broken legs!he is 100% s****

easy chuckles

Not likely I would be better than pattinson if i was blind and had two broken legs!he is 100% shite

:laugh:

Not likely I would be better than pattinson if i was blind and had two broken legs!he is 100% s****

:laugh:

well i speak the truth and i am a man of reason, the whole luque saga boils my urine to overheating point!

give him 10 games in the team and see how he does! then if he is shite then let him go in jan on a free! might as well ! better than 107 k a week for owen

Guest LucaAltieri

What he's worth and what other clubs will pay is a different kettle of stories. And fish.

Perhaps... but if he's worth more than anyone is willing to pay I say hang on to him until we get the right offer. Its an extra body. His attitude pre-season has seemed good. Always looked like he wanted to play.

Disappointed that the club has yet again splashed money into the drains. Granted that we save on his wages but had he been given a chance or a round of few games even as 4th choice striker (behind Viduka, Oba and Owen....who we all know is just an injury waiting), we might have been able to recoup some money. So much for Big Sam saying that he would be given another chance.

In the end it's just so convenient to dump him on the pretext that the Spaniard could not adapt to the EPL instead of selling players like Duff who despite being given numerous opportunities has been just as unproductive. Yet very few say anything about him not having the right attitude The same people who got on Luque's back for 'not performing' in the few chances he got says nothing of why a winger who was so successful at Chelsea now looks like he is taking a hard dump whenever he tries to beat his marker.

More than just throwing money away, I fear that the Luque incident will damage our reputation in the continent and we’ll be seen as a club who is just unable to deal with foreign players who don't hit the right buttons from the word go the way Solano and Robert did. What does this say to Enrique? What does this say to future transfer targets from the continent? Ultimately I fear without the right blend of home based/British and foreign imports, we will never break into the top 4.     

Disappointed that the club has yet again splashed money into the drains. Granted that we save on his wages but had he been given a chance or a round of few games even as 4th choice striker (behind Viduka, Oba and Owen....who we all know is just an injury waiting), we might have been able to recoup some money. So much for Big Sam saying that he would be given another chance.

In the end it's just so convenient to dump him on the pretext that the Spaniard could not adapt to the EPL instead of selling players like Duff who despite being given numerous opportunities has been just as unproductive. Yet very few say anything about him not having the right attitude The same people who got on Luque's back for 'not performing' in the few chances he got says nothing of why a winger who was so successful at Chelsea now looks like he is taking a hard dump whenever he tries to beat his marker.

More than just throwing money away, I fear that the Luque incident will damage our reputation in the continent and well be seen as a club who is just unable to deal with foreign players who don't hit the right buttons from the word go the way Solano and Robert did. What does this say to Enrique? What does this say to future transfer targets from the continent? Ultimately I fear without the right blend of home based/British and foreign imports, we will never break into the top 4.      

What you say is already happening. In Holland, and especially amonst Ajax fans we are known as the graveyard of English football. They don't trust their club getting Luque because he has come from us, and even though they recognise he was a good player a few seasons ago they fear that "the graveyard of English football" has wrecked him as a player.

Guest Ebolarama

Would indeed have been nice to see a transfer fee, but in the end, if he didn't want to stay and there didn't look to be a place for him, it's better to cut the wage bill.

As for those comments about us turning into "the graveyard of English football"... hasn't it been that way for a couple years now? Ho ho ho. Sigh.

Guest StJames

Can't be bothered to read the whole thread but anyone who suggests that Pattinsin is better than Luque is IMO out of his mind and clueless regarding the game of football.

Luque is a class player who deserves a decent run in the team. To give him away would be senseless particularrly with minor talents like Ameobi and Duff (OK he was good at Blackburn) hanging around. 

Can't be bothered to read the whole thread but anyone who suggests that Pattinsin is better than Luque is IMO out of his mind and clueless regarding the game of football.

Luque is a class player who deserves a decent run in the team. To give him away would be senseless particularrly with minor talents like Ameobi and Duff (OK he was good at Blackburn) hanging around. 

Maybe you should read the whole thread, that way you'd know that it was only the Luque fan, not the NUFC supporter that made that comment in regard to Allerdyce - obviously some who is clueless regarding the game of football.

At an educated guess I think those who are calling for Luque to stay because he's never been given a fair chance, you really need to look deeper. Allerdyce made all the right noises about giving Bert his chance and yet now after the pre-season he's trying to peddle him, why?

Remember SA is the man that brought Hierro back from a league in the middle east and gave him a successful season or two at Bolton when others had written him off for retirement.

Duff and Shola have both been much better players for NUFC. And I say that in full knowledge of how shit they've been.

Even after all this time I'm still staggered by the staunch defense of Luque put up by some posters. I just can't understand it.

He's a class player man.

Guest Ebolarama

Even after all this time I'm still staggered by the staunch defense of Luque put up by some posters. I just can't understand it.

In Spain (yes, yes...) he was an excellent player. Naturally, people assume or would like to have assumed that he would carry some of that form over to the prem and Newcastle. Henceforth, people still think he can (or could have, now) rediscover his form and show some of talent and sparkle he showed at Deportivo. He IS class. Just not for us.