Albert Luque (now retired)

James

Quick online translation

Albert Luque puts on file by the Ajax Albert Luque will play in the Ajax of Amsterdam the next season, has announced Radio Mark.  The Catalonian footballer done not be lucky in their adventure in the Newcastle, since the wounds and the lack of opportunities they have marked their voyage in the Premier.  The left-handed one arrived at England in the campaign 2005-06 originating in the Sports one and barely disputed six parties of league, without manage to achieve a little.  It they passed campaign the things were even to worse, seeking an exit of return to Spain that never was produced.  Its name sounded this summer with force to reinforce al Raise, but al final was not summarized its arrival to the capital of the Turia. 

Now the international Spaniard will try to recover in the Amsterdam Sand the play that carried to sound as reinforcement for the Barcelona next to two old acquaintances of the Spanish soccer, Ismael Urzaiz and Gabri. 

No mention of a fee or a loan deal

Guest mugcheese

well he does well in the pre season and look what happens? pile of pap imho, never given a fair crack of the whip

You think he done well in the pre-season? He jogged around looking uninterested and scored two tap ins and a penalty. If he put the slightest bit of effort in, jumped for a header maybe or closed someone down under Roeder and now Allardyce he might of been given a run.

Guest eyeball_tickler

well he does well in the pre season and look what happens? pile of pap imho, never given a fair crack of the whip

You think he done well in the pre-season? He jogged around looking uninterested and scored two tap ins and a penalty. If he put the slightest bit of effort in, jumped for a header maybe or closed someone down under Roeder and now Allardyce he might of been given a run.

ah, scoring goals. the downfall of many a striker.

Quick online translation

Albert Luque puts on file by the Ajax Albert Luque will play in the Ajax of Amsterdam the next season, has announced Radio Mark.  The Catalonian footballer done not be lucky in their adventure in the Newcastle, since the wounds and the lack of opportunities they have marked their voyage in the Premier.  The left-handed one arrived at England in the campaign 2005-06 originating in the Sports one and barely disputed six parties of league, without manage to achieve a little.  It they passed campaign the things were even to worse, seeking an exit of return to Spain that never was produced.  Its name sounded this summer with force to reinforce al Raise, but al final was not summarized its arrival to the capital of the Turia. 

Now the international Spaniard will try to recover in the Amsterdam Sand the play that carried to sound as reinforcement for the Barcelona next to two old acquaintances of the Spanish soccer, Ismael Urzaiz and Gabri. 

No mention of a fee or a loan deal

"The Catalonian footballer done not be lucky in their adventure in the Newcastle, since the wounds and the lack of opportunities they have marked their voyage in the Premier"

Couldn't have put it better mesel.

Guest Ebolarama

I've gotta say, I'm a little disappointed if he has left. Would really liked to have seen him get a good run of games, assuming he had the desire to do so. But there we go. Now who am I going to get on the back of my new home shirt which - yes - I'm still deliberating over. Answers on a postcard to Ebolarama Towers, c/o Albert Luque's Departing EasyJet Flight if you please.

Oh, and...

Hahahahaha! Bravo, sir.

Guest mugcheese

Did you see the goals against Celtic? Titus Bramble could of outwitted that defence.

Guest Ebolarama

Just saw this posted on Goal.com. Sounds pretty recent (and is, according to Google News):

Luque Desperate To Make Betis Move

Albert Luque is keen to join re-join former coach Héctor Cúper at Real Betis after the Spanish outfit's president met with his agent in England recently.

The Catalan forward is desperate to leave Newcastle United and would jump at the chance to move to the Seville if they club make a concrete offer.

Betis' supremo, Manuel Ruiz de Lopera is reported to have met the player's father and agent, Rafael Luque, in Newcastle to discuss a transfer.

"It would be an honour to play for a club with great prestige like Betis, they are one of the biggest clubs in Spain," the former Depor star said.

"Also, Héctor Cúper is there and he was the coach that gave me my chance in the first division at Mallorca. It was against Villarreal and, I think, we won 2-0.

"Seville is a fantastic city and Betis have incredible supporters. They are also building a great team."

Luque has struggled to impress since moving to Tyneside as he has battled against poor form and a string of injuries that have hampered his stay.

Several opportunities to leave have arisen, but none have born fruit despite Luque's strong desire to return to la Primera.

"Of course the idea of going back to play in Spain again attracts me," he continued.

Despite not hiding his desire to to leave Newcastle, Luque does not have a bad word to say about the club that paid €14m for his services in 2005.

"They gave me the chance to play in a very important league here in England," he added.

Luque is hoping to persuade the Magpies to allow him to leave on a free transfer despite the fact that he still has three more years left on his contract at St. James' Park.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=391818

EDIT: Sky are now reporting the same story. Seems like this is a fairly viable prospect, all things considered. An offer has been tabled, but only if Luque can leave on a free, apparently.

Guest Ebolarama

Well, he's only got a week to decide. If he does decide to stay/no one wants to take him, I hope fans don't give him too much shit... assuming he ever makes an appearance in front of them again  :lol:

Did you see the goals against Celtic? Titus Bramble could of outwitted that defence.

Ah the age old excuse "But anyone could have scored in that game".  Well then why didn't they genius?  Were Celtic doing Luque a favour or something?  You're talking utter garbage basically.  It took good movement to get those opportunities and a good touch to finish them off.

Its just a pitty that an early injury forced him off in the second game after a promising start (helping to setup and score the penalty for the first goal).

Desperate to go, so long as someone will match his wages obviously. As for all the people advocating that he might come good, I'm sorry but he just won't.

He was unlucky when he first came here, got a terrible injury and was rushed back and never got a whole lot of opportunities. Fair enough.

But that doesn't change what he is now, and that's a completely off the pace, lacking in confidence player who's neither suited to this league nor the high tempo style of play our new manager will want to play. We've got a number of players who are better than him, and a number of players who are younger and much more worth our while trying to develop.

Luque is pushing 30 and the only way we'll ever get anything out of him is if we give him an extended run in the side to get his sharpness/confidence back. This is simply something we can't afford to do, and something that's not worth doing as he probably wouldn't come good anyway.

Feel bad for him, but I hope he just goes sooner rather than later. He's a waste of wages at this point, and will never be anything more to us. If we can get a few quid for him, fair enough. If not, just give him away.

Guest mugcheese

Ah the age old excuse "But anyone could have scored in that game".  Well then why didn't they genius?  Were Celtic doing Luque a favour or something?  You're talking utter garbage basically.  It took good movement to get those opportunities and a good touch to finish them off.

Its just a pitty that an early injury forced him off in the second game after a promising start (helping to setup and score the penalty for the first goal).

Look, I admit that post was bullshit but I don't see how anyone can want Luque to be given another chance with the squad we have now, especially considering we have Duff to come back. Under Roeder anything was worth a try but we have far better options now and I can't see him ever cementing a place in the squad let alone the starting eleven and letting him go on a free is really the only thing we can do. Every club in the world knows he's never going to be useful for us, no one will pay a fee for him.

Edit: I missed Shak's post but that is exactly how I feel aswell.

Guest Ebolarama

Luque said on Spanish radio he joines Ajax. Betis wanted to pay 1.5 M Euro and Ajax 2.2 M euro, his wage obviously. The article said nothing about the transfer fee.

Guess it'll be on .co.uk tomorrow, then.

*dusts hands*

NEWCASTLE’S £9.5million flop striker Albert Luque is joining Ajax on a free.

The Spaniard, 29, scored one Premier League goal in two seasons.

Luque moaned: "I started the season in a positive frame of mind but the coaches have quickened my exit."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007250874,00.html

See ya later,  I guess.

part of a deal for huntelaar :coolsmiley:

NEWCASTLE’S £9.5million flop striker Albert Luque is joining Ajax on a free.

The Spaniard, 29, scored one Premier League goal in two seasons.

Luque moaned: "I started the season in a positive frame of mind but the coaches have quickened my exit."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007250874,00.html

See ya later,  I guess.

They fucking love it.