Albert Luque (now retired)

James

I hope Luque stays. 3 goals in 2 starts in the friendlies seems to warrant a chance to show what he can do, and at least gives some hope that he's finally found his form at NUFC. Big Sam says that he wants to give the players who have struggled a new lease on life here, and this is a wonderful opportunity to back those words up once Luque recovers from the groin injury. There's a great highlight package of his out on Youtube...if he can be 2/3 of that player he's worth holding onto.

Guest eyeball_tickler

Ameobi is streets ahead in terms of being a useful member of the squad. Do the people who believe that Luque could be an asset actually attend the games? I've wanted Luque to succeed & he seems like he may be a canny bloke but I just have not seen anything in his play to make me think he will ever make it at NUFC.

for the first part, delete "useful member of the squad" and add "geordie". second part, swap "luque" for "ameobi". third part, see second part.

It's probably Luque who actually wants out this time...After Signing Smith he might feel he doesn't have a good chance to play first team now...

If we get 8m for that lot we might aswell put a bid in for Manuel Fernandes while Everton are messing about.

N'Zogbia/Duff Barton/Butt/Smith Geremi/Fernandes Milner/Geremi .. is an excellent midfield.

I wish someone would hurry up and buy Baptista because i've got a feeling he'll end up here, scary stuff.

I wish someone would hurry up and buy Baptista because i've got a feeling he'll end up here, scary stuff.

The price mentioned was 6m. I'd definitely take him for that.

Plays CM and striker--- on the left at Real Madrid too.  25 year-old replacing Solano and Dyer.

The price mentioned was 6m. I'd definitely take him for that.

Plays CM and striker--- on the left at Real Madrid too.  25 year-old replacing Solano and Dyer.

too true, Baptista's left nut is a better attacker than those two

And the United boss hopes to finalise the transfer of Albert Luque to Levante in the next couple of days. I understand that the only thing holding up the deal is United are looking at the financial side for the striker who cost them £10m exactly two years ago.

And the United boss hopes to finalise the transfer of Albert Luque to Levante in the next couple of days. I understand that the only thing holding up the deal is United are looking at the financial side for the striker who cost them £10m exactly two years ago.

So the only thing holding up the transfer is a transfer fee? Pretty fundamental dontcha think?

The Spanish rags seem confident something will be sorted out this week.

Plenty of talk of a loan, though I don't see a lot of point in that. The hope would obviously be that he turns it on playing back in Spain and his price goes up again by which time we cut our losses, but we saw with Viana that it's just as likely his value will drop even further, and he'll be 30 when his loan expires.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Albert Luque is set to stay with Newcastle United.

Levante have ended their interest in the Spaniard after signing Italian striker Christian Rigano from Messina yesterday.

Guest Ebolarama

Good. Glad he's staying. Useful backup player, good to help settle in Enrique (and by the sounds of it any other incoming Spanish transfers) and blah blah blah waffle waffle etc. etc.

Guest Ebolarama

BBC Gossip page says that Feyenoord are showing interesting again. Sorry to bump this monster again, but it appears I can't make new threads (or I'm too stupid to see how) and I figured some people would be interested.

A number of fairly reliable sources in Holland are saying that Ajax's technical director and chairman are currently in Newcastle discussing a deal for Luque:

http://ajax.netwerk.to/nieuws/artikel/14520_Ajax%20naar%20Newcastle%20voor%20Luque.php

Oh god please let Klaas-Jan Huntelaar be coming the other way, please god you know it's only right that if we allow Ajax this heavenly like opportunity!