Sir Alex Ferguson

Guest kingdawson

I'm sick of this 'championship winning performance' shit as well.

Regardless of the result, how can falling behind three times at home to a team in poor form, who can't win away, a championship winning performance? :lol:

Guest neesy111

I'm sick of this 'championship winning performance' shit as well.

Regardless of the result, how can falling behind three times at home to a team in poor form, who can't win away, a championship winning performance? :lol:

:thup:

Thing is, it wasn't just a go at us, if we're a wee club in the north-east, what does he think of clubs like Wigan, Fulham, Southampton, etc?

Most of the league are wee clubs. Makes winning the league something less of an achievement. :razz:

FWIW they're about to talk about this on Soccer Saturday after the break.

A lot of sense being made. I'm even agreeing with Thommo & Merson!

What are they saying, mate ?

They were quite passionate about Fergie needing to be punished. They talked about the fear he creates and that the linesman was visibly scared of him. When they moved on to his press conference, they weren't happy with his "all I've done for him" comment and said he went too far with the "wee club" bit.

Then they talked about the football and how it was the performance of champions etc.

Niall Quinn just said that Ferguson's comments show his "fires and flames are still roaring". Only with ferguson does the media give actions such as these a positive spin. There simply shouldn't be any praise for what he has done

I wouldn't pay any attention to what that idiot says to be honest. He hates us anyway.

Niall Quinn just said that Ferguson's comments show his "fires and flames are still roaring". Only with ferguson does the media give actions such as these a positive spin. There simply shouldn't be any praise for what he has done

Just wants a shot on Fergies Whisky boat (think willy Wonka but no chocolate) next time he's in Manchester.

Owens real job last year was an umpa lumpa.

Just wants a shot on Fergies Whisky boat (think willy Wonka but no chocolate) next time he's in Manchester.

Owens real job last year was an umpa lumpa.

:lol:

Completely unrealistic though, as if Owen would do any work.

Guest elbee909

If they'd beaten us at our place last season, they'd have had the title.  Such a shame this didn't happen.  Real plane crash of a season for them.  As for the 'wee club' thing, Fergie can explain himself to Bobby Robson in, ooh, one or two years at most hopefully.

If they'd beaten us at our place last season, they'd have had the title.  Such a shame this didn't happen.  Real plane crash of a season for them.  As for the 'wee club' thing, Fergie can explain himself to Bobby Robson in, ooh, one or two years at most hopefully.

As if they'll be resting in the same place.

Guest bimpy474

Your reasoning doesn't really work though does it ?. I mean your looking at it through our Black and White eyes. You could say they got beat at other places, and if they hadn't they would have had the extra points to have won the league last season.

Just Saying like.

They don't sing song about Alan Shearer every week, man.

And I wouldn't say it's mackem-esque to hate Man U, it's the trying to convince yourself that the other club feel the same.

You're right. We don't sing that every week. You hear the "cheer up Alan Shearer" chant maybe five times a season if that, and two of those are when we play Newcastle. It was chanted a lot when Shearer took over as a manager that season, which makes sense IMO. The other chant is a chant about Solskjaer, who is a club legend, and says "oh Alan Shearer, was fucking dearer," which is hardly a bitter chant.

They're just chants though. Of course we still look back at what could have happened if we had signed the best striker the league has ever seen. He turned us down though and that's that.

Man Utd would have dominated English football like nothing ever seen before with Shearer in their team.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/28330192.jpg

Solskjaer is, incidentally, my favourite ever player. Something else that might not go down to well here considering the history. :lol: