The Newcastle Summer Transfer Game.

Optimistic Nut

Vaz Te isn't that prolific for a striker and we already have two better ones of the same type.. although he can play on the wings too, right?

He's only a kid.  Sam uses him sparingly and he never looks out of his depth.  I seem to remember he scored a beauty for Bolton on his European debut.

Not worth starting a new thread, but did anyone see this?

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?HLID=466663&CPID=8&title=Yak+eyes+Boro+exit&lid=&channel=Premiership&f=rss&clid=25

Would be a great partner for Owen or Martins IMO.

Cracking player, would love to see him here, especially if Owen or/and Martins leaves. Should have bought him two years ago though...

Vaz Te hasn't really started that many games though has he?

Hull

Competition Apps

(as sub) Goals Yellow

Cards Red

Cards

League 1  (5) 0 1 0

Bolton

Competition Apps

(as sub) Goals Yellow

Cards Red

Cards

League 2  (23) 0 0 0

FA Cup 1  (2) 0 0 0

League Cup 2  (0) 0 0 0

EDIT: Some more old stats

Career History:

Club Season Comp. Apps

(as sub) Goals

Bolton 2005 - 06 League 6  (16) 3

FA Cup 1  (3) 1

League Cup 1  (1) 1

Euro Cups 0  (4) 1

Bolton 2004 - 05 League 1  (6) 0

FA Cup 2  (0) 1

Bolton 2003 - 04 League 0  (1) 0

FA Cup 1  (1) 0

Guest LucaAltieri

Vaz Te hasn't really started that many games though has he?

Hull

Competition Apps

(as sub) Goals Yellow

Cards Red

Cards

League 1  (5) 0 1 0

Bolton

Competition Apps

(as sub) Goals Yellow

Cards Red

Cards

League 2  (23) 0 0 0

FA Cup 1  (2) 0 0 0

League Cup 2  (0) 0 0 0

EDIT: Some more old stats

Career History:

Club Season Comp. Apps

(as sub) Goals

Bolton 2005 - 06 League 6  (16) 3

FA Cup 1  (3) 1

League Cup 1  (1) 1

Euro Cups 0  (4) 1

Bolton 2004 - 05 League 1  (6) 0

FA Cup 2  (0) 1

Bolton 2003 - 04 League 0  (1) 0

FA Cup 1  (1) 0

Well that clears everything up  :iamwithstupid:

Find that bizarre tbh. We'd have around £18m extra to strengthen the squad, plus we wouldn't have the hassle of waiting to see if Martins & Owen can play together. We'd have a ready made, proven Premiership partnership. Pretty sure both of them finished in the top 10 league goalscorers this season.

Find that bizarre tbh. We'd have around £18m extra to strengthen the squad, plus we wouldn't have the hassle of waiting to see if Martins & Owen can play together. We'd have a ready made, proven Premiership partnership. Pretty sure both of them finished in the top 10 league goalscorers this season.

Yakubu's got 12 but hasn't scored for about 12 games.

Probably not, although if in his first season he'd only scored 1 goal in his first 12 games or so offering very little to the team, then a similar run at the business end of the season where he looked poor, sandwiching a run of 20 or so games where he scored the bulk of his goals even though he wasn't particularly playing well, then probably aye.

Probably not, although if in his first season he'd only scored 1 goal in his first 12 games or so offering very little to the team, then a similar run at the business end of the season where he looked poor, sandwiching a run of 20 or so games where he scored the bulk of his goals even though he wasn't particularly playing well, then probably aye.

"the business end of the season"  :lol: we had so much to play for at the end of this season, cup finals galore.  i think we have a vendetta on our hands tbh.

Andrea Pirlo

Alessandro del Piero

Gennaro Gattuso

Christiano Ronaldo

Jermaine Jenas

Alessandro Nesta

Dani Alves

Johnathan Woodgate

Micheal Dawson

Alan Shearer

Sergio Aguero

Samuel Eto'o

NE5 bloke

ME

and Captain Birdseye

this is in the bag  O0 :D  :cheesy:  :coolsmiley:

I'd hardly call our last few games the 'business end'.

the last game in which we had a lot to play for was the 6 pointer against Sheff Utd, in which Martins was phenomenal. we petered out after that, as a team under a manager who had lost all credibility.

dcmk - Andrea Pirlo, i was thinking sam loves his deep lying playmakers who hit it long, pirlo might be a bit optimistic tho. couldn't think of anyone in a similar mould, getting on a bit a la campo or speed.

"the business end of the season"  :lol: we had so much to play for at the end of this season, cup finals galore.  i think we have a vendetta on our hands tbh.

No vendetta, just don't rate him. And if Martins had played even half decent in the last 8 games or so we might have nicked a top 10 spot, meaning Intertoto Cup football again.

I'd hardly call our last few games the 'business end'.

the last game in which we had a lot to play for was the 6 pointer against Sheff Utd, in which Martins was phenomenal. we petered out after that, as a team under a manager who had lost all credibility.

Was going to mention that game, aye. That and Alkmaar were our last two big games, and Martins did more than enough against the Dutch.

No vendetta, just don't rate him. And if Martins had played even half decent in the last 8 games or so we might have nicked a top 10 spot, meaning Intertoto Cup football again.

Thank fuck he didn't then, I hate it.

If you're blaming our end of season run on Martins, I think you need to look a bit further afield.

Not blaming it on him. I just don't see the fuss that's all. Like people saying they won't renew their season tickets if we sell him to Valencia for £15m. Jesus Christ man. My original point anyway was simply I'd sooner have a Yakubu/Viduka partnership with an extra £15m or so in the bank than Owen & Martins. I wouldn't be disappointed if we kept Owen & Martins of course though.

Tal Ben Haim

Luke Young

Ricardo Gardner

Darren Bent

Yaya Toure

Mark Viduka

Morten Gamst Pedersen

Giles Barnes

Abdoulaye Meite

Geremi

Kevin Hofland

Nelson Marcos