The Newcastle Summer Transfer Game.

Optimistic Nut

Geremi could be a decent utility player on the cheap.

good back up for right-back, plus a class right foot

in other words, he would be a good backup for Carr...

tbh it will difficult for Geremi to dislodge Carr out of this position...

Carr is solid

Oh dear God...

solid like shit or...

Skysports.com understands Croatian defender Igor Tudor is hoping to win a move to England.

Tudor is looking for a new club after leaving Juventus in January and he has his heart set on a switch to the Premiership.

The 29-year-old defender is back to full fitness after recovering from a serious ankle injury and he is looking to try his luck in England.

Tudor has a wealth of experience having played at the highest level for club and country and he has been a long-term target for several English sides.

The defender's availability on a free transfer makes him an attractive proposition and the news has alerted a number of clubs.

Tudor's UK representative Phil McTaggart has admitted the classy defender is keen to make the move to the Premiership.

"Igor is now back fully fit and he is raring to go again," McTaggart told skysports.com.

"He is keen on trying his luck in the Premiership and he feels the time is right to give it a go.

"He is a quality player who has played at the very highest level and he would suited to English football.

"He is available on a free transfer and there are a few clubs interested in him."

Experienced centre half.....Id be happy  ;D

Im not sure about him anymore, He was good a few years back but i think he's kinda gone down hill. Im not sure he'd handle the pace of the premiership tbh

Guest SwissMagpie

Bale/Baines/Bridge- no need to explain

Curtis Davies - from what ive seen he is quality

Dystin/Campbell -need some expirenced CB

Geremi-Can play as RB or in Midfield,very useful

Taranquillo Barnetta - Not just because he is swiss .he can really be good addition to the squad.can play at 3 positions - Right,Left or behind the strikers.

Dave Nuegent/Darren Bent - just need to remeber that Oba is going to be out for a month next season as he will go to the African cup of Nations.Owen is getting injured every time.so i think its a must to sign a striker.

Guest MrSundlofer

Anthony Vanden Borre

Jeremy Mathieu

Viktor Kompany

Mickah Richards

Cicinho

Carlos Vela

Bojan

Nikolas Bendtner

Igor Akinfeev

Adriano (the Sevilla winger)

Rafinha

Tuncay

Jao Moutinho

Gareth Bale

Sergio Aguerro

Christian Benavente

If and only if Sam happens to play the same game as me, which obviously gives a massive indication of a player's real talent.

Haha, naaa.. Don't think he plays FM.

Guest pont-toon

Viduka

Ben Haim

Barton

Distin

Habib Beye

D.Bent

Igor Tudor

Aldo Duscher

J Lloyd Samuel

Campbell

Anelka

Nolan

Baines

Nugent

Sidwell

Guest smoggeordie

Skysports.com understands Croatian defender Igor Tudor is hoping to win a move to England.

Tudor is looking for a new club after leaving Juventus in January and he has his heart set on a switch to the Premiership.

The 29-year-old defender is back to full fitness after recovering from a serious ankle injury and he is looking to try his luck in England.

Tudor has a wealth of experience having played at the highest level for club and country and he has been a long-term target for several English sides.

The defender's availability on a free transfer makes him an attractive proposition and the news has alerted a number of clubs.

Tudor's UK representative Phil McTaggart has admitted the classy defender is keen to make the move to the Premiership.

"Igor is now back fully fit and he is raring to go again," McTaggart told skysports.com.

"He is keen on trying his luck in the Premiership and he feels the time is right to give it a go.

"He is a quality player who has played at the very highest level and he would suited to English football.

"He is available on a free transfer and there are a few clubs interested in him."

Good shout, certainly worth a trial.

Guest graemeh72

Young

Ben Haim

Campbell

Baines

J Lloyd Samuel

Nicky Shorey

Arthur Boka

Distin

Nolan

Sidwell

Jagielka

Seydou Keita

Diouf

Viduka

D.Bent

Just flicking thru NewsNow, came across this little snippet...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/manchester_city/article1801233.ece (Near the bottom)

Djibril Cissé’s agent has revealed that City have been in contact with the Liverpool striker about a possible move to the club, although the Frenchman is believed to favour a move to Newcastle United. Cissé, who is on loan at Marseilles until the end of the season, has been told that he has no future at Anfield. “Newcastle would be perfect for him,” Ranko Stojic, Cissé’s agent, said.

You're welcome to him. Shite IMO.

Just flicking thru NewsNow, came across this little snippet...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/manchester_city/article1801233.ece (Near the bottom)

Djibril Cissés agent has revealed that City have been in contact with the Liverpool striker about a possible move to the club, although the Frenchman is believed to favour a move to Newcastle United. Cissé, who is on loan at Marseilles until the end of the season, has been told that he has no future at Anfield. Newcastle would be perfect for him, Ranko Stojic, Cissés agent, said.

You're welcome to him. s**** IMO.

Agreed. didn't look like he gave a fook, the majority of the time on the pitch, very questionale attitude. definately not what we want atm

Good shout, certainly worth a trial.

One of the most underated players these days imo

Solid, good in the air, can tackle and can also score goals from set plays..would love to see him here..

Guest Supersylt

1. Sol Campbell

2. Kevin Nolan

3. Joey Barton

4. Nicolas Anelka

5. Mark Viduka

6. Fernandes (swiss guy)

7. Giles Barnes

8. Gary Speed

9. Ben Haim

10. Wayne Bridge

11. Ruben Baraja

12. Darren Bent

13. Steve Sidwell

14. Nicky Hunt

15. Curties Davies

Guest exilim

We should try for Taye Taiwo? Left-back as a replacement for babayaro?

Taiwo was designated as the third best player of the tournament(2005 FIFA World Youth Championship) behind John Obi Mikel (Nigeria) and Lionel Messi (Argentina).

We should try for Taye Taiwo? Left-back as a replacement for babayaro?

Taiwo was designated as the third best player of the tournament(2005 FIFA World Youth Championship) behind John Obi Mikel (Nigeria) and Lionel Messi (Argentina).

He would be fantastic signing.

He is young,powerful,strong,good physique,not very tall but thats not that important.

The problem is that Marseille will want huge fee for him.

I'm not going to try and read Big Sam's mind, but I can't see us paying big money for an established British left back - I just can't see it happening. I would suggest scouring your copies of FM for decent African/European fullbacks in leagues like France, Portugal or even the Eastern bloc.

That said, I can see us signing two established centre halves on the cheap, with Taylor dropping to the bench - I notice every single person in the “Guess the opening day lineup” thread has Taylor starting, but there's every possibility he'll be sitting on the bench behind the likes of Distin and Ben Haim.

Midfield is a funny one. Our players don't form a unit, but individually do have some talent, reputation and admirers. Who knows who will be sold - any of Dyer, Parker, Emre or Duff could be flogged off for decent money and therefore need to be replaced. Who by? Easier to say who not by - I can't see Nolan or Barton being signed, Arteta is no chance, but Sidwell is a possibility, not that he's a heartracing signature, but better than signing some plonker from a relegated team.

Up front - well, I'm praying for Viduka, and I'm quite keen on Tuncay. He reminds me of Okocha when Sam signed him - very talented and virtually unnoticed plying his trade in Turkey away from the limelight, coming to England and lighting up the league!!!

Guest exilim

I'm not going to try and read Big Sam's mind, but I can't see us paying big money for an established British left back - I just can't see it happening. I would suggest scouring your copies of FM for decent African/European fullbacks in leagues like France, Portugal or even the Eastern bloc.

That said, I can see us signing two established centre halves on the cheap, with Taylor dropping to the bench - I notice every single person in the Guess the opening day lineup thread has Taylor starting, but there's every possibility he'll be sitting on the bench behind the likes of Distin and Ben Haim.

Midfield is a funny one. Our players don't form a unit, but individually do have some talent, reputation and admirers. Who knows who will be sold - any of Dyer, Parker, Emre or Duff could be flogged off for decent money and therefore need to be replaced. Who by? Easier to say who not by - I can't see Nolan or Barton being signed, Arteta is no chance, but Sidwell is a possibility, not that he's a heartracing signature, but better than signing some plonker from a relegated team.

Up front - well, I'm praying for Viduka, and I'm quite keen on Tuncay. He reminds me of Okocha when Sam signed him - very talented and virtually unnoticed plying his trade in Turkey away from the limelight, coming to England and lighting up the league!!!

Exactly. That was why i thought he should sign taiwo, young and strong. Could solve our LB problems but RB, i am not so sure.

Personally, i would prefer taylor to play alongside with benhaim, with distin or campbell on the bench. He's young, we need to nurture him by playing him alongside an experienced centre half, increase his confidence and hopefully he will come out of terry's shadow one day.

Midfield i want kallstrom, but too bad. We signed Sam Allarydyce, not houllier, so no chance.

Tuncay might be good, he seems like a pretty decent striker but i don't think he's much proven yet? Although he's a FM legend lol.

We should just sell Dyer, I really hope it happens. He just lives on his reputation from 4-5 years ago, if Spurs want him let him go there. We need to buy a centre mid to play alongside Butt for me, although it depends what formation Big Sam plays. Also it depends how he deals with Emre - if he plays him and plays his further forward, not sitting on the bloody half way line, then Emre-Butt could be quality.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm sure the barton signing is being dragged out so not only does opty nyt get the first 3 right but in the right order.

Little game for the summer, everyone gets to list 15 players they think will sign for Newcastle before September 1st, 2007. Thread will be locked June 1st.

Viduka

Ben Haim

Barton

Distin

Geremi

D.Bent

Salgado

Appiah

Bridge

Campbell

Anelka

Nolan