Sam Allardyce press conference - the gist of it

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

Also includes recent Sky Sports News interview and thread started to save on skipping through tons of pages

Top 4 and trophies ultimate aim

UEFA Cup next season the aim (at least)

Will prioritize the following; club structure including - backroom staff, fitness, diet, nutrition, transfer policy, training set-up, results

Wants Owen and Martins to stay

No clauses in his contract/will leave for England

Winning a trophy as quickly as possible a must

Wants to sign players that are an improvement over what we have, but they must be the right players and he says he will try and get signings done as quickly as possible ready for the start of the season

Big challenge, he's very happy, confident of success.

There will be money to spend but he warns it isn't about spending money, but buying the right players. Cites signing good players as a priority over big name players or obvious players. Says there are lots of top quality players available in Europe and at home we'll look at.

Recognises how important short term is but insists he's all about foundations for sustainable succes.

Talked about the mackems next season, looking forward to that.

Everyone at the club from chairman down will have to work hard, wants to create a family spirit and for everyone to pull in the same direction which he says there will be no problems with.

Wants patience and says there will be sticky times ahead, but he will hope to show we are going in the right direction on the pitch to get this patience and will also communicate with fans about the direction.

Rubished the long ball thing, basically says he's all about winning football first and foremost.

Will go away for some reflection time with his wife now and come back, in his own words "all guns blazing"

Can't fucking wait  :thup:

Guest Knightrider

That's the most impressive analysis of NUFC I've ever head in 10 minutes from someone connected with the club, he basically covered all areas that we have all been banging on about on here for years now.

Guest Guinness

I've not felt so positive for years. 3 years too late, but better late than never.

Likewise, can't wait for him to get started

Guest Knightrider

I feel happier today than when we reached the Final of those FA Cups, when Owen signed...

Our club is now in good, experienced hands, ambitious hands. Someone who will at the least build solid foundations to sustain the club for years to come, someone who may just well be the man to deliver once and for all.

Thanks for that HTT. Must echo your sentiment also, feeling very good about Sam. Although experience tells me as a NUFC fan, that excitement and a sense of anticipation are not good signs, I'm hoping the coming campaign will change that!!

bring on July please.